Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 09:44 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
...yet studies also show that bottled water on average is inferior to tap water in quality. So if tap water is as bad as wastewater, what is bottled water equivilent to? Untreated sludge???
Drink only rainwater and grain alcohol, if you wish to retain your Purity of Essence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67wKhddWu4

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 01-15-2023 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2023, 10:00 AM

7,149 posts, read 4,743,435 times
I haven't read through this ancient thread but drinking distilled water is what I do. Electrolytes can be supplemented.

Distillation removes nitrates, bacteria, sodium, heavy metals, about 99% of impurities.

Old 01-15-2023, 10:02 AM

9,368 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well, let's see. Our species has survived from at least the last several hundred thousand years up until only a bit over a hundred years ago by drinking water from wherever they could find it (rivers, wells, storage tanks, etc). I'm sure that water wasn't exactly devoid of impurities. And now, all of a sudden, within the last twenty years or so, we will all die if we don't drink bottled water from private corporations that are in business to make money. Yeah, no reason to question their word on all of this or suspect ulterior motivation.
Survived, yes, but risky: up until just over 100 years ago the average life expectancy was about 30 years and contaminated river and well water was probably one of the reasons, though one among many to be sure.

Beer and wine, then, for 8,000 years and counting.

Old 01-15-2023, 10:22 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,057,967 times
There are many good gravity fed water filters on the market for less than $200; just pour in tap water.
They pay for themselves in less than a year if you buy bottled, which is mostly tap run through carbon filters anyways.
My filters provide 1000 gallons.
They remove everything harmful known to man, even uranium.
As we've seen in some states, contaminated water supplies have been an issue recently.

Old 01-15-2023, 10:39 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
It’s no secret that tap water contains a medley of harsh chemicals, heavy metals, fecal matter, puss, urine, and many other problematic substances.

The dangers of tap water have been well documented throughout the past several decades, with officials now admitting that tap water is the exact same quality as wastewater (also known as ‘toilet on tap’). In the video above, I join Rob Dew of the Infowars.com Nightly News show to discuss the many dangers of tap water (fluoride in particular) and what to do about it.

The segment comes following the explosion surrounding the video I released just 3 days ago showing the putrid build up found in my water filtration device after funneling tap water through it for just one month and a few days. Generating more than 10,000 views per day organically, the video is a telling and graphic demonstration of just how contaminated your tap water really is.

If you are living in a city, for example, your tap water is likely loaded with pharmaceutical drug residues from birth control pills, antidepressants, antibiotics, and a host of other medications. Is it any wonder that antibiotic-resistant bacteria is continually popping up and causing problems throughout the world? One key thing I forgot to mention in the interview is the fact that 43,381 viruses have been found within the sewer system, many of which are completely unknown to scientists.

What this means is that our sewage system, which in many cases is turned into some form of tap water after being doused in chlorine and other chemicals, is actually breeding an unknown amount of deadly super viruses.

Beyond this looming threat is the presence of sodium fluoride. In many major cities, the average level of fluoride in the water is set to hover around 1ppm. As over 20+ other studies have discovered, Harvard research has revealed that this level of fluoride (as low as 1ppm) can impact IQ and potentially lead to permanent damage — especially in unborn children. The findings coincide with previous discoveries made public as far back as 1977 by the head of the Cytochemistry Section at the National Cancer Institute, Dr. Dean Burk.

Prison Planet.com » The Dangers of Tap Water and How to Protect Yourself
(sigh) People do believe what they want to believe and if one anecdotal example is all that exists to support the desired belief well...run with it aye? Making water do what I wont it to is my profession. I've also worked as a treatment operator for both water and wastewater. I assure you the processes are day and night.

I operated a treatment plant that discharged to the waste side of a very large system. What the process was for shall remain undisclosed but the water put out the tail end was so clean it was actually dangerous to drink. rather than supplying the minerals and such we get from water it would absorb them and into the toilet they go. One day or less of drinking it and you'd be in the hospital with multiple IVs in you. But NOT because of bugs.

The drinking water treatment process is not so...aggressive. But multiple levels of filtration and treatment with various chemicals is used. It's not an uncomplicated process. What goes to the potable system is tested and certified at local state and federal labs. It's not just bugs that are targeted of course. Lead (big one) arsenic cadmium things like hydrogen sulfide (big if your potable system is supplied in whole or part by a hot water well) it's no simple thing.

Quality of water does depend on the system. One in AL will not match one in NV. but they all have a base standard that must be met. Jimmy Carter and the Clean Water Act assure that. Based on real world experience and knowledge I can assure you that your tap water is NOTHING like your waste water. Unless to agency in charge is cheating really really bad. Which I won't say doesn't happen. But it's sure not an everyday experience or very widespread. The penalties for that are no Twinky thing.

Old 01-15-2023, 11:27 AM

7,360 posts, read 3,824,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I've always wondered how people bump of these threads....and why? And garden hose water is just nasty lol
What?

You just run the water through the hose for a while before drinking. It's the water that's been sitting in the hose that's nasty, especially in summer. Everyone drank out of the garden hose BITD. And we're still alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies