Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 AM

7,810 posts, read 6,389,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What's wrong with the optics?

Oooops, never mind.

Ew. You sure those aren't lunch ladies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 08:53 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I repeat: FIRE EVERY TEACHER THAT GOES OUT ON STRIKE!

Abolish the teacher's union in Chicago and hire teachers whose reason for going into teaching is to TEACH CHILDREN!

I am so sick and tired of these union thugs holding America's children hostage to their bully tactics. And people wonder why bullying is such a problem in our public schools?

Lead by example. What a horrible example union teachers set in this country.
What's really sad, if you fired them all and hired ALL new teachers, you could probably fill the ranks with new teachers in under a week, and get better teachers in the process.

Only thing, make Union participation VOLUNTARY. If they don't want to join, they don't have to.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,931,891 times
Why do the people of Chicago hate unions and working people?

Why don't they just raise taxes or are they greedy wanting to force teachers to work for peanuts?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Don't even go there......I have neighbors that are teachers and family members that are teachers and none of them are starving......and none of them ever put in as many hours that I did before I retired from the printing business!!!!!!! They are paid good for the time they work during a 12 month work year that they don't fully work....
I didn't say otherwise. What I'm saying is that if the pay and work environment is so great I would think people would be jumping at the chance to get on the gravy train. It is actually an easy career field to join midlife. They had to make it that way because they couldn't get enough teachers to fill the classroom during a good economy. I just encourage people who think it is so easy to try it. It is still a field with vacancies.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Illinois, Obama's old stomping ground, is turning into a 3rd world country. His number one guy was sent their to fix it. LOL. You get what you deserve Chicago. I read a month or so somebody was shot a block away from the orator's home there he bought from the mobster Rezko. I guess he feels his neighborhood going to sheet now as bammer is building a home and running off to Hawaii. Some community organizer that town spit out.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:02 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Why do the people of Chicago hate unions and working people?

Why don't they just raise taxes or are they greedy wanting to force teachers to work for peanuts?
Don't worry Rahm and the unions will make it right. LOL. What a mess.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,516 times
It is funny to see the Mayor of Chicago fighting the teacher's union. Talk about turn around being fair play. I wonder if the Chicago teachers will go out and riot like their brothers and sisters did in the WI teacher's riots last year?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Luckily, we don't need to know what motivates them. All we need to know is that enough teachers can be had at $x per yr and that if a municipality is paying $(x+y) per yr, then the teachers are being overpaid $y.

Not only is this a great equation for teachers but it's great for all employees. It doesn't matter if they're wiping runny noses, risking their lives, or collecting tolls. The only question is whether or not a comparable quality of product can be had for less money.
Using business-speak to describe the process of educating human children is part/parcel of what is destroying the American education system.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:05 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,731 times
This is what happens in blue states. The government has debt as far as the eye can see and is incapable of standing up to the unions.

I love it. Illinois deserves it for inflicting the country with the failure in the White House. I hope the whole state implodes; well, just Chicago really.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What's wrong with the optics?

Oooops, never mind.
LOL yup. The Romney campaign should show a clip of the teachers protesting, flash their average pay according to their own unions ($71K before benefits), maybe flash the Chicago property tax rate for good measure and ask "This is what's going on in Obama's hometown, do you want this in yours?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies