Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times

Advertisements

Teen Punches Teacher, Knocks Him Out - YouTube

Here is an example of liberal intelligence.
If this guy were a conservative, he would have took one look at these guys and been on guard.
That is the difference between people who fantasize the world fits their ideals, and the realists who understand the world the way it is.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,980,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post

If this guy were a conservative, he would have took one look at these guys and been on guard.
That is the difference between people who fantasize the world fits their ideals, and the realists who understand the world the way it is.
I definitely see what you're saying. Some folks have psyched themselves into an unrealistic outlook. But as for the kids in this video, while I can't see their faces, they looked like students. So maybe the guy really didn't have any warning signs. Plus, many of these sociopathic types have an amazing ability to manipulate (as such not to give any warning) before doing stuff like this. This is really sad and these folks need to start being called out in the media for what they are...sociopaths or violent individuals with sociopathic tendencies, or whatever strong words technically fit. Strong wording is needed to make folks think and discourage this type of behavior. There's something seriously wrong with people who do this stuff and they need to know it and be shamed.

Anyway, this has become a trend all across the country and seems to have been in the making over at least the past few years. I don't know if it started in STL, but STL has had numerous serious incidents referred to as the "knockout game" where these thugs randomly punch and attempt to knockout perfectly innocent random strangers. A couple weeks ago in Kansas City, where I live, an individual in a group did this to a metro BUS DRIVER while he was driving! They got on the bus and each said the last would pay, the last didn't, and the bus driver said they needed to get off, they complied, but as they did, one struck the bus driver. Thankfully, last I heard the KCPD had a suspect in custody.

Bus Driver Assault October 1, 2012 - YouTube

Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Really?

Which demo has the highest teen birthrate in the nation?

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db89_fig3.png

Which demo has the highest high school drop out rate in the nation?

Fast Facts

IBTL

They're clearly known for being Conservative as well.
Actually hispanics are known for being conservative. I don't understand that post at all. It seems many of you do not realize that party affiliation has no bearing on liberalism or conservatism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I'm sure Microsoft, Apple, Cisco and Facebook are heavily recruiting from Detroit and Chicago.
I wouldn't think so in regards to Detroit, but I'm sure many colleges recruit from the top schools in the Detroit metro area. Chicago has some of the best high schools in the country, they are consistently rated very high in high schools, I know of at least 3 that are consistently in the top 10 - Walter Payton, Northside Prep, and Whitney Young. They also have some of the leading colleges/universities in the country (Northwestern, DePaul come to mind, also UIC is a good school as well) so I would think that any companies would heavily recruit from Chicago.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:19 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
What you have posted above is so much "bull" I have to believe you either simply never listen to what is being said "BY THE PERSON YOU MALIGN," you cannot comprehend what you hear or you are from the White House Spin room.

Good grief!
^^^^^^^ gold star for you!

Old 10-17-2012, 01:21 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yes, but to continue along the lines of the original post, Chelsea has also had the gift of having two parents with high intelligence quotients while Bristol was saddled with at least one with a below average intelligence quotient. I agree that "nurture" is very important, but let's not discount "nature," either.
Both her parents have below average intelligence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
The liberals disprove the above by not being able to discern what a disaster BO showed himself to be even before the 2008 election and by the policies they have supported since FDR (and sporatically before that).

I suggest that wherever those self-identified Liberals received their education those who believe in the Constitution and America stay far away from such disastrous education.
Or maybe they saw the bigger disaster that was the other choice? He did author the NDAA...

Old 10-17-2012, 01:26 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Actually hispanics are known for being conservative. I don't understand that post at all. It seems many of you do not realize that party affiliation has no bearing on liberalism or conservatism.

I wouldn't think so in regards to Detroit, but I'm sure many colleges recruit from the top schools in the Detroit metro area. Chicago has some of the best high schools in the country, they are consistently rated very high in high schools, I know of at least 3 that are consistently in the top 10 - Walter Payton, Northside Prep, and Whitney Young. They also have some of the leading colleges/universities in the country (Northwestern, DePaul come to mind, also UIC is a good school as well) so I would think that any companies would heavily recruit from Chicago.
Who is doing these studies and based upon what criteria. I don't believe that for a second!

Old 10-17-2012, 01:40 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
EDIT: I should have put this in originally. If you're a conservative who disagrees with the validity of the (enormous quantity of) studies, actually explain what is flawed in their methodology before blindly labeling them "junk science". Thanks.

Conservatives and Liberals Have Different Brains, Studies Show - ABC News
Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology | LiveScience
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice - Yahoo! News

According to the Pew Research Center:

30% of social conservatives have incomes >75k, 28% have college degrees.

41% of liberals have incomes >75k, 49% have college degrees.

(in case if you searched it, somebody trolled the wikipedia page on the topic and messed up the figures, but wasn't smart enough to mess up the more in depth chart near the bottom)

And please understand the difference between Democrat/Republican and Liberal/Conservative. Republicans are on average actually more likely to have college degrees than Democrats (although I may be wrong on this), but as a subgroup, self identified Liberals are by far the most educated people in the United States, followed by libertarians.
Give me a link to an actual study and not a news article about one and I will happily discuss it with you.
As it stands you splatter links all over the place to secondary sources that don't neccessarily fit your thesis and also aren't going to have the details about methodology and sampling etc. that we'll need to see to have the conversation that you are seeking.

As one example of what a good study should adjust for....geographical correlations such as lower cost of living areas tending to me more rural and less affluent.

Ok, so how about that link? And please....not flipping wikipedia or ABC news.

P.S. The study would be interesting to see by BOTH fiscal and social policy views. ie) how do fiscal conservatives rate vs. fiscal liberals as well as the social issue ones.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:06 PM

775 posts, read 740,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post

ROFLAMO! Your response to statistical evidence is to post a funny anecdote?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default Studies show Liberals more affluent, educated, have higher IQs

The only reason people post threads like this is because they have an inferiority complex, unfortunately just because you can post about a group it doesn't mean your a part of that group.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:35 PM

775 posts, read 740,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The only reason people post threads like this is because they have an inferiority complex, unfortunately just because you can post about a group it doesn't mean your a part of that group.
What a wonderful Ad hominem fallacy! I've never seen a post like this before. Anyone wanna name what the name of the fallacy being used here i-oops, sorry, I gave it away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies