Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2012, 09:31 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Information sources were not as diverse as it they are now either.
Not to mention the production of those sources weren't diverse either.

1950: TV(15 minutes of news), local radio, and local newpaper, National Geographic.
Today: TV(with 30-60 minutes of news, and more than once a day), National Geographic(with covers even more things than ever) satellite radio, satellite TV, Cable TV, newspaper, internet(newspaper online, facebook, blogger, youtube, yahoo, city-data).

I can post something on youtube about a certain subject, and people as far away as Japan can listen. Youtube videos other than mine will go even more viral. The internet allows for more information to travel faster, so things like violence will be heard of, from another corner of the globe.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:32 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Imcomplete post.
why did you truncate my post and avoid the question, as you so often do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga
what does?
if you're too embarrassed to give an answer, why not just say so?

Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the hotlinked cartoon feeds the stereotype you want to be true, so of course you 'get it.'

yet my question still went unanswered.

why was 'take back America' a fine and good thing when obama was involved, but a horrific, 'racist' thing mere years later?

seems odd.
Basically it is because certain people are referring to the time when minorities as well as women were silent and let white males do whatever that they wanted without being challenged or questioned. If there is another explanation I would love to hear it, since most of this forum has been used to dispelled the myth that everything was pretty good in the 50's

Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
He understood, then again maybe he did'nt since he understands only what fits into his agenda
Who knows. All I know is that I'm not the one wishing for 1954 back.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Basically it is because certain people are referring to the time when minorities as well as women were silent and let white males do whatever that they wanted without being challenged or questioned. If there is another explanation I would love to hear it, since most of this forum has been used to dispelled the myth that everything was pretty good in the 50's
I can't argue with you on this. This is basically true. It has been proven that for many people the 50s were a horrible time.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
If I remember correctly "Take Back America" was about taking America back from extremists who wanted to pervert the essence of our nation. Our nation is SUPPOSED to be about respect for all, opportunity for all and equality. There are certain factions that are wholly opposed to these ideas and will stop at nothing to achieve these insipid goals.
That was one of many intepretations of what it means. I was looking for the tea party tea shirt that read: "LETS KEEP THE WHITEHOUSE WHITE LETS TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY!"

Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why did you truncate my post and avoid the question, as you so often do?

if you're too embarrassed to give an answer, why not just say so?
What are you talking about?

Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Basically it is because certain people are referring to the time when minorities as well as women were silent and let white males do whatever that they wanted without being challenged or questioned.
none of this 'basically' bullcrap. show me.

to review, here's the question i posed:
Quote:
why was 'take back America' a fine and good thing when obama was involved, but a horrific, 'racist' thing mere years later?
absolutely NOTHING that happened four years post-obama-take-back-america speech had anything whatsoever to do with keeping women and.or minorities silent and letting white males do whatever they wanted without being challenged or questioned.
n.o.t.h.i.n.g.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about?
i'm talking about you truncating my post and avoiding the question over and over again. as you've done yet another time.

this isn't that difficult.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
That was one of many intepretations of what it means. I was looking for the tea party tea shirt that read: "LETS KEEP THE WHITEHOUSE WHITE LETS TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY!"
I remember seeing that shirt. One reason I have never wanted to join the Tea Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies