Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You mean American women should not be permitted to drive cars?
That would be a very conservative thing, I am guessing you could find some conservatives that consider the idea of Saudi Arabia to be a conservative utopia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
China is a communist country in name only. They have far fewer social programs than the US and they lag far behind in worker's rights for blue color workers. The income gap between urbanites and those living in the country-side is very large.

They are doing better and better economically partly because of wise infrastructure investments and a hard-working population.

Has there ever been a communist country that wasn't one in name only?

"Wise infrastructure investments"?

Which conservative countries do Republicans look to as a inspirational example?-beijing-pollution.jpg

Looks like a third-world sewer to me.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:57 PM

223 posts, read 246,621 times
Echo...echo...echo. Amazing! Still not one person has given an example of a conservative country. Not one! Now say what you want about liberal countries but if conservatives can't find an example of their utopia then maybe it only exists in their minds and not in reality.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
'Which conservative countries do Republicans look to as a inspirational example?'

TEXAS!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
'Which conservative countries do Republicans look to as a inspirational example?'

TEXAS!
Well Perry does want to secede. Another great patriot.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfstorage View Post
Echo...echo...echo. Amazing! Still not one person has given an example of a conservative country. Not one! Now say what you want about liberal countries but if conservatives can't find an example of their utopia then maybe it only exists in their minds and not in reality.
In more than one post you've concluded that conservative means no government or anarchy.

You want us to prove that you're completely and utterly stupid with your conclusions and you don't see a problem with that. I think you've proven the liberal stupidity is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

All I your own words...

Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Has there ever been a communist country that wasn't one in name only?

"Wise infrastructure investments"?

Attachment 104716

Looks like a third-world sewer to me.
LOLz. The amount of infrastructure being built/have been built by China is staggering.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
In more than one post you've concluded that conservative means no government or anarchy.

You want us to prove that you're completely and utterly stupid with your conclusions and you don't see a problem with that. I think you've proven the liberal stupidity is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

All I your own words...
Huh? I guess I am stupid because you make no sense to me. So what is the example of a great conservative country then oh wise one?

Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 PM

489 posts, read 621,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Who thinks that? Our liberals are Europe's Conservatives.
People who know Europeans and understand their mindset, even a little bit, at once can see that you are comparing apples and oranges. Liberals in the U.S. and Europe's conservatives are not remotely interchangeable.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times
Do Americans on the left or the right know enough about any other country to even answer this question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies