Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,005,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
On holidays such as this it is common for friends to invite co-workers or other acquaintances to dinner if they are far away from their own families (or don't have family).

Do you have a racist family member who would be offended to sit at the Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner table with an outsider from another race?
A relative that is a racist is a tiny bit different than having someone of another race sitting with you at the table. Yes, I have to admit, my husband is a racist, but we have had black friends and he would not be offended at all if we were sharing a table with someone of another race.

Now, if what the OP meant was bigots, we all have family members who are bigots, in fact we all are to some degree. We have a foster daughter than is a lesbian, hubby loves her, we vacation with she and her partner every year and talk to them weekly, but he still makes horrible remarks about lesbians when he isn't around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 12:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,005,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsavior View Post
Yes, there are some conservatives in my family. It saddens me to hear them talk negatively about people other than white.
Especially when it's about our US president.
for heavens sake, not all conservatives are racist and there are many racists and bigot who are Democrats. The two do not mean the same and the Op didn't ask us about conservatives, but about racists...

Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,006,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Most of my family is.

It is important to keep our neighborhoods European-American and we are not shy about it. Our schools are high performing and our neighborhoods are safe. Luckily, many wealthy liberals reside in the area, unknowingly keeping housing prices high enough to dissuade "diversity" to move in and spoil things.

Unfortunately, I live in Philadelphia, so I am surrounded by White trash and ghetto Blacks on a daily basis.
I think you might be surprised at how many black people are educated and solidly middle class these days. They have similar values to yours, want the same for their kids, have gone to school and hold responsible jobs that they got on the basis of their talents.

I think we all detest low lives, of whatever color.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:03 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,573,553 times
yes i do, but they are not white and have a great hatred of white people, so of course it is perfectly ok.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,006,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes i do, but they are not white and have a great hatred of white people, so of course it is perfectly ok.
Hey. There is racism on both sides. It's not ok, no matter who does it. And, either way, it brings the country down.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 PM

33,595 posts, read 18,233,933 times
I met some black racists plenty through the years.. fact is they show their hatred through their actions more than words.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,602,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
There is an interesting 5 minute on-line test of your "implicit" unconscious racial judgments that is part of a Harvard research project. It also has tests for ageism, homophobia, all kinds of things. It's very revealing.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implici...turedtask.html
Not even close. I had trouble telling some of the faces apart though. I had to read the names to make sure.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,433,151 times
I think sometimes you need to look at folks in the context of their generation. I would say my Mother was very racist, but she has mellowed out significantly. She has African-American friends, and even dated a black man recently.

People can change.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,007,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Of course you're shy about it. What are you gonna do about it? Answer: nothing.

To the OP...All families have a few bigoted idiots. I have a few, but they're polite enough to keep their mouths shut. That's all i care about.
My MIL is racist and anti-semitic, and she does NOT keep her mouth shut about it. It's embarrassing at times.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:00 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,091,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
It's absolutely sickening.

My grandpop was from North Philly (when it was Irish) and my grandmom from SW Philly (when it was Italian). I couldn't walk those streets today. Same goes for the town I grew up in, section 8 and de industrialization turned it into a gang infested hellhole.

It is much easier to just move to an expensive suburb, where the residents are homogenous and culturally similar.

Preferring to live in low-crime white neighborhoods with safe, high-performing schools is now "racist". I am a racist in contemporary terms, but commit no acts of violence against "minorities" and work 40 hours a week and relax in my "whitopia". Meanwhile, non-racists in our big cities murder, rob, and rape every day, yet the liberal media tells the people "racists" are a danger to society.

Thankfully, most of the gun owners in this country are racist and loyal to their European heritage. They need these guns to protect themselves from the "non-racist" hordes that will be looking for plunder to loot when the SNAP cards aren't magically refilled one month, as our national debt continues its rapid ascent.
My father is from North Philly, when it was primarily Jewish. What a craphole that neighborhood is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies