Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:49 PM

4 posts, read 2,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
A buddy of mine has a black brother-in-law who, I guess, is a big-time racist. Dude despises white people, yet he married one. LOL!!!! Jokes on you, big guy!!
Funny, considering Black people have it a lot better living with White people than they would in any majority/overwhelmingly Black country. They can use all our inventions, better living standards, etc but still hate us? Kind of ironic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 03:13 PM

73,029 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow45 View Post
Funny, considering Black people have it a lot better living with White people than they would in any majority/overwhelmingly Black country. They can use all our inventions, better living standards, etc but still hate us? Kind of ironic.
Well, you have some things invented by Black people:

Refrigerator
Electrical Resistor(not the transistor)
Disposable syringe
Carbon filament for lightbulbs
Traffic light

Take your racial supremacist ways somewhere else.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 PM

73,029 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow45 View Post
By sheer number yes, but Whites are underrepresented in various welfare spending; where-as, blacks are grossly overrepresented. Same thing with murder, violent crime, etc rates.
Here is my question. Why should "statistics" be a reason to treat any individual Black person differently and unfairly? I don't see any reason for it.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, you have some things invented by Black people:

Refrigerator
Electrical Resistor(not the transistor)
Disposable syringe
Carbon filament for lightbulbs
Traffic light

Take your racial supremacist ways somewhere else.
Would those people have invented those things in Nigeria or any other predominantly black country in Africa? If they had been able to do it how many of them would have been manufactured in those countries? I think that those people really got to do what they did because they lived in the right country.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is my question. Why should "statistics" be a reason to treat any individual Black person differently and unfairly? I don't see any reason for it.
One of my best friends, ever, was a very black boy of 19 who had more sense about race than anyone of either race I have ever known. He just didn't give a damn about what race a man was when dealing with him. I learned more about race from Joe Morris than from anyone else I have ever known and he wasn't in favor of welfare,but that was in 1954.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,874,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
On holidays such as this it is common for friends to invite co-workers or other acquaintances to dinner if they are far away from their own families (or don't have family).

Do you have a racist family member who would be offended to sit at the Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner table with an outsider from another race?
I have an uncle and his son that are racist against anybody non white and they do not espcially care for Polish people either. But they particularly dislike blacks and throw insults around like they are nothing in the company of other whites. There are a fair amount of other Sicilians that do not like blacks either. I don't really know why myself. I don't dislike them. The ones at my job are good people and I have been to their homes and they to ours. I would not personally date or marry one but if my daughter did, it would not upset me. But I know others, even in my family, that would absolutely go off the deep end if one of their offspring dated a black person. Even dating a non Italian would be bad enough. I will say that most of these folks are up in age and most of their kids are less hostile.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yes, I have an uncle who HATES white people. Hates them to a level that adversely effects his own life. He has a grandson he barely speaks to because he married a white girl. I feel bad for her and wonder what will happen when they have kids.

In all honesty, the old man will probably mellow out by then and want a relationship with his grandkids. I would advise the grandson and wife to wait and, when he is ready, greet him with open arms and let him have a relationship with you.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You just couldn't resist the opportunity to make a dig at the other side of the aisle, could you? I actually find this a bit humorous, since the father of my mixed nephews is a hardcore conservative, yet married a woman who is not white. What will trip your trigger even more is the fact that she's not at home barefoot and pregnant, but is a very successful attorney and actually makes slightly more money than he does at the present time. But, I guess you'll find a way to say that they're the exception to the rule rather than the norm, even though the vast majority of conservatives that I know are less racist than the liberals in my crowd.
Most conservatives are NOT racist but most racist ARE conservatives.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:49 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,689,690 times
six degrees of separation

Old 01-05-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I wonder if you went to their house would you consider it your social responsibility to keep your mouth shut about your views on racial equality.
I would not have that in my house. Not only because I do not agree with it but because God via the church condems it. My family members are very Catholic and I would remind that that our church teaches against that kind of stuff.
Catholic Teaching - Moving Beyond Racism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies