Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:53 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,689,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow45 View Post
Funny, considering Black people have it a lot better living with White people than they would in any majority/overwhelmingly Black country. They can use all our inventions, better living standards, etc but still hate us? Kind of ironic.
use all of our inventions ... blacks made things too like the traffic light, how would you function your life without one?
or the air conditioner.. people love air...
or the cellular phone.. i can check CD with that one..and so many others i can't keep count

and i'm sure other cultures make inventions too that you use.. so please find another way to insult them, maybe one that holds up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 06:00 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,874,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is my question. Why should "statistics" be a reason to treat any individual Black person differently and unfairly? I don't see any reason for it.
There is no reason. After you went to the hospital with a co worker to support her and her family as her mother was taking he last breath of life and you see the pain and agony of the grandkids screaming and crying after the doctor said "she is gone, I am very sorry", I felt that pain too even though I never knew the lady or my co worker's kids. I felt it every bit as bad as they did. Because they were black made not a damn bit of difference for me. I just thought of them as human like myself. When I was in prison many years ago, it was hard for me to hold on to being a human. I had to really try to do so because prison has ways of taking your soul from you if you let it. But I didn't let it take mine. There were lots of racist people in prison. Black and white. It would have been very easy for me to lose my humanhood in there. I was glad on that day in that hospital room with that co worker and friend that I found out that I had not lost my soul.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:00 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
One of my best friends, ever, was a very black boy of 19 who had more sense about race than anyone of either race I have ever known. He just didn't give a damn about what race a man was when dealing with him. I learned more about race from Joe Morris than from anyone else I have ever known and he wasn't in favor of welfare,but that was in 1954.
That is the way it is suppose to be.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
There is no reason. After you went to the hospital with a co worker to support her and her family as her mother was taking he last breath of life and you see the pain and agony of the grandkids screaming and crying after the doctor said "she is gone, I am very sorry", I felt that pain too even though I never knew the lady or my co worker's kids. I felt it every bit as bad as they did. Because they were black made not a damn bit of difference for me. I just thought of them as human like myself. When I was in prison many years ago, it was hard for me to hold on to being a human. I had to really try to do so because prison has ways of taking your soul from you if you let it. But I didn't let it take mine. There were lots of racist people in prison. Black and white. It would have been very easy for me to lose my humanhood in there. I was glad on that day in that hospital room with that co worker and friend that I found out that I had not lost my soul.
Exactly the point I was pushing. We're all human beings. One's merit is suppose to be more important than race.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Would those people have invented those things in Nigeria or any other predominantly black country in Africa? If they had been able to do it how many of them would have been manufactured in those countries? I think that those people really got to do what they did because they lived in the right country.
I don't know if they were to invent it or not. My point was in response to a poster who was basically claiming in his own way that Blacks couldn't do anything.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
I would not have that in my house. Not only because I do not agree with it but because God via the church condems it. My family members are very Catholic and I would remind that that our church teaches against that kind of stuff.
Catholic Teaching - Moving Beyond Racism
Very nice. I'm Black and Catholic. Racism goes against what the teachings of Jesus Christ are about. When more people learn this and act accordingly, maybe we can eradicate racism.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:10 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,510 times
Quote:
Exactly the point I was pushing. We're all human beings. One's merit is suppose to be more important than race.
Exactly.

So I'm guessing you are opposed to affirmative action, racial quotas, and "diversity" initiatives that discriminate on the basis of race, at the expense of merit.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Exactly.

So I'm guessing you are opposed to affirmative action, racial quotas, and "diversity" initiatives that discriminate on the basis of race, at the expense of merit.
There should be a system in place to ensure that qualified people get the job regardless of race, and to prevent discrimination of any kind.

I would also be in favor of getting rid of racial profiling as well.

And I asked you a question about 5 weeks ago on another thread. I never got an answer.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,510 times
Quote:
There should be a system in place to ensure that qualified people get the job regardless of race, and to prevent discrimination of any kind.

I would also be in favor of getting rid of racial profiling as well.

And I asked you a question about 5 weeks ago on another thread. I never got an answer.
You seem to be a master of ambiguity, so I'm assuming you are "bouty bouty" when it comes to Affirmative Action.

My life has been a little hectic with work/family/girlfriend lately, so could you kindly pose the question again and I will respond sometime tomorrow.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
You seem to be a master of ambiguity, so I'm assuming you are "bouty bouty" when it comes to Affirmative Action.

My life has been a little hectic with work/family/girlfriend lately, so could you kindly pose the question again and I will respond sometime tomorrow.
It was question I asked you regarding Golden Dawn in Greece basically attacking and killing you. It was on a thread regarding President Obama. The question was about Nazism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies