Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Many oppressed people think that if there were economic equality the rest (general acceptance) would probably follow. Money opens many doors in this country, no matter who you are or what your past was.

Blacks and women have been discriminated against on the job by white men. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

So, there may be somewhat of a natural alliance between black people and white women.
It's 2013, catch up with the rest of us. White men are no longer enslaving colored folks and women, so you can come out from under the bed now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
It's 2013, catch up with the rest of us. White men are no longer enslaving colored folks and women, so you can come out from under the bed now.
Wow, aren't we touchy. I wonder why?
I was just responding to a conversation that speculated why blacks did not seem to think white women were a threat to them. When they both have been oppressed by the same source, it makes sense to form some sort of alliance, however loose. You know, united we stand, divided we fall?

Things have certainly change, but they are still not perfect, but a lot better than in my mother's day.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
No. White women get a free pass because they are White women. That's how that works. The benefits that "whiteness" can have in a Black man's life is profound. A White women and half-white children in a majority White American society is what many strive for. Attach that desire to women who desire men they were once forbidden to be with, along with the attention they get for being with these men, and you have a very unique match. Furthermore, White women generally do not view their half-Black children as Black. They view them as biracial, separate from Black children born to two Black parents. Historically, the one-drop rule came into existence because the mixed children born at that time were of Black Slave women and White Slave owners. The child was to be the condition of the mother. That is why half-white kids were considered Black. Their status was that of their mother. And yes, at that time, White women were complicit in the oppression of these half-White children, even if these kids had White fathers.
You've introduced a very interesting theory.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,839,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Do you have a racist family member who would be offended to sit at the Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner table with an outsider from another race?

No. Not one. You could be a green and orange spotted, half man half horse, gay alien and all my mom would care about is that you took your shoes off before walking on the carpet and that you brought a casserole.

I'm fortunate that way

Old 01-04-2013, 06:34 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
My father in law is a homophobic.
Gay is not a race though

Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,510 times
Quote:
Wow, aren't we touchy. I wonder why?
I was just responding to a conversation that speculated why blacks did not seem to think white women were a threat to them. When they both have been oppressed by the same source, it makes sense to form some sort of alliance, however loose. You know, united we stand, divided we fall?

Things have certainly change, but they are still not perfect, but a lot better than in my mother's day.
Yeah, sure, White women have it so much better now that they have the privilige to leave their children for 40-60 hours a week and take part in this wonderful rat race 95% of men were already in.

Meanwhile, the family unit is falling apart, divorce is skyrocketing, and now many families eat fast food and other garbage multiple times a week because both parents are worn out from their dead end job and don't feel like cooking a family meal.

The most important job a woman will ever have is raising well-adjusted, healthy, happy children. This current system that has ripped mothers from their children has led to alienation and depression for a lot of our children.

Thanks feminists! Luckily my generation is waking up and accepting traditional families again.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
It's absolutely sickening.

My grandpop was from North Philly (when it was Irish) and my grandmom from SW Philly (when it was Italian). I couldn't walk those streets today. Same goes for the town I grew up in, section 8 and de industrialization turned it into a gang infested hellhole.

It is much easier to just move to an expensive suburb, where the residents are homogenous and culturally similar.

Preferring to live in low-crime white neighborhoods with safe, high-performing schools is now "racist". I am a racist in contemporary terms, but commit no acts of violence against "minorities" and work 40 hours a week and relax in my "whitopia". Meanwhile, non-racists in our big cities murder, rob, and rape every day, yet the liberal media tells the people "racists" are a danger to society.

Thankfully, most of the gun owners in this country are racist and loyal to their European heritage. They need these guns to protect themselves from the "non-racist" hordes that will be looking for plunder to loot when the SNAP cards aren't magically refilled one month, as our national debt continues its rapid ascent.
You got that right. Absolutely sickening.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
YES! Back in the 1980s we use to go camping with two groups of relatives. During a fun night of music and games put on by the campground, they played the song Cotton-eyed Joe. I got up and joined in the circle line dance. I just happened to jump in next to a black girl. She and I had fun through the whole song and dance, especially when they sped it up. The next morning my aunt and uncle were giving me some very dark ugly looks. I asked them what's wrong. They said and I quote, "we saw you dancing with that negress". If they gave me dirty looks over that, I wonder how they'd feel knowing some of the women I dated? Their racism doesn't include hispanics especially since some of their ancestry is from Spain.
So do they tolerate Hispanics who don't have any Spanish ancestry?

Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Yeah, sure, White women have it so much better now that they have the privilige to leave their children for 40-60 hours a week and take part in this wonderful rat race 95% of men were already in.

Meanwhile, the family unit is falling apart, divorce is skyrocketing, and now many families eat fast food and other garbage multiple times a week because both parents are worn out from their dead end job and don't feel like cooking a family meal.

The most important job a woman will ever have is raising well-adjusted, healthy, happy children. This current system that has ripped mothers from their children has led to alienation and depression for a lot of our children.

Thanks feminists! Luckily my generation is waking up and accepting traditional families again.
You are so funny! You type women as all being the same, interchangeable mommie types, probably interchangeable not-so-willing sex partners and house cleaners, too.

There are lots of women who are stay at home moms now, they just have a choice these days, is all, but they have to marry a man who can support a family first. Now there also can be and are stay at home dads.

Not every woman is evidently what you envision is the 'perfect' woman and I venture that most would not want to be.

I can't believe that people still think this way. I am envisioning a very old man, but maybe not.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 PM

4 posts, read 2,816 times
Quote:
Ha. Well, the joke is on him. There are more white people on government support than blacks.
By sheer number yes, but Whites are underrepresented in various welfare spending; where-as, blacks are grossly overrepresented. Same thing with murder, violent crime, etc rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies