Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,232,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Secularism is the cult of Man. It's unholy trinity is Will (Desire), Pleasure, and Material Comfort. Thou shalt have no other gods before these.
Or it's not. Secular viewpoints is just another way to look at the world and law without the influence of religion. That's the way it is, so get used to it.

Quote:
The canon of Secularism consists of the works of Rousseau, Nietzsche, Locke, Marx, Keynes, Freud, Darwin, and Dewey.
Most of them weren't religious whatsoever. Atheists some of them, actually - ya know complete opposite of a religious person?

Quote:
The church of Secularism is the State.
Wrong again, chump. The state is secular - meaning the law and other civil matters are NOT influenced by the church or any other "divine being". If you want a religious state, go move to Iran.

Quote:
No it isn't. A civil marriage is simply a real marriage acknowledged by the state, or it isn't a marriage at all.
US Constitution > Any holy, religious text

Old 01-03-2013, 04:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Excuse me.

I think it is YOU GUYS who shove your ideology down our throats! Dude, this is 2013, wake up!
Let them do whatever they want! They don't have to follow your ideology and teaching!
Good for you.

We all need to stand up to those who want desperately to inflict their bigotry and prejudice on the rest of society.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:47 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,619,539 times
Quote:
No it isn't. A civil marriage is simply a real marriage acknowledged by the state, or it isn't a marriage at all.
Well, according to your warped logic, that means my marriage isn't real, because it was conducted by a friend of mine who is, no, not a member of the clergy, but a notary public, and no, not in a church, but on the beach.

Look, dude, you just have to get used to the fact that the days of christian dominance and influence in the US of A are over. They're done. And they're never coming back. In fact, I predict that religion itself will all but cease to exist, at least in the US, within 200 years.

We've learned too much to be held back by bronze age superstitions.

Last edited by DentalFloss; 01-03-2013 at 04:59 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM

753 posts, read 728,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Well, according to your warped logic, that means my marriage isn't real, because it was conducted by a friend of mine who is, no, not a member of the clergy, but a notary public, and no, not in a church, but on the beach.

Look, dude, you just have to get used to the fact that the days of christian dominance and influence in the US of A are over. They're done. And they're never coming back. In fact, I predict that religion itself will all but cease to exist, at least in the US, within 200 years.

We've learned to much to be held back by bronze age superstitions.
It's really a win-win situation, isn't it?

You and I (another non-clergy marriage here), as well as, increasingly, same-sex couples get to get married however we so choose to whomever we so choose. Meanwhile, regressives like WesternPilgrim get to pretend that all the marriages they don't like aren't "real".

We're married, they're delusional, and all is well!

On a more serious note, I know full well that they would love nothing more than to legally invalidate your marriage and mine, too, if only they could.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
We're married, they're delusional, and all is well!
Yeah, sometimes I wonder why I bother. Uneducated can be fixed. Delusional, absent meds, cannot. And I don't have a license to prescribe meds.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,612,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Who's warped logic? It's certainly possible for a real marriage to be conducted on a beach by a notary public. I've never said otherwise. Catholics are obligated to marry in the presence of Catholic clergy. But the rest of you can marry in the presence of other clergy or witnesses, religious or secular, on a beach or perhaps while snorkeling or skydiving, and if there are no impediments your marriage is perfectly valid.

Last edited by WesternPilgrim; 01-03-2013 at 05:27 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,612,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
On a more serious note, I know full well that they would love nothing more than to legally invalidate your marriage and mine, too, if only they could.
What a ridiculous thing to say. If your marriage is real, it should be privileged by society and by the state, and I will defend that privilege no matter how ridiculous your personal opinions might be.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,986,655 times
Quote:
What a ridiculous thing to say. If your marriage is real, it should be privileged by society and by the state, and I will defend that privilege no matter how ridiculous your personal opinions might be.
I don't know why you would consider marriage a privilege or defend any other than your own.

But i think marriage should be reserved for people who can reproduce naturally. In others words 1 man and 1 woman period.

Other wise people will marry their dammed pets. I don't believe SSM should be able to have kids any other way than mating. It might be a problem but that should just be their problem not everybody else's.

Now if 2 males and or 2 females can marry and have their own natural born I am good with it.

I bet this won't be very popular.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Nope. You and I are on the same page on the gun thing, not so much here. Of course, with SSM, the battle is lost, it WILL be the law of the land. Not a question of "if", merely "when" and "how".

Old 01-03-2013, 05:43 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,115,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I don't know why you would consider marriage a privilege or defend any other than your own.

But i think marriage should be reserved for people who can reproduce naturally. In others words 1 man and 1 woman period.

Other wise people will marry their dammed pets
. I don't believe SSM should be able to have kids any other way than mating. It might be a problem but that should just be their problem not everybody else's.

Now if 2 males and or 2 females can marry and have their own natural born I am good with it.

This is satire, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.