Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Ofcourse Obama is working on multiple issues - theres a lot to tackle, especially a lot of Republican tax cut for the rich and war debt !

In the meantime, here is a must watch clip of the Republican and Romney stance on climate change (ties in very well with the Republicans holding aid for Sandy victims hostage until their own party members started slamming the Tea Partiers..heartless):

Romney vs. Sandy - YouTube
so climate change causes hurricanes? oh i didn't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
I don't think our debt is an urgent issue. And to single out Obama isn't entirely fair, because no one else on capitol hill is serious about debt, either.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Obama should concentrate on more important issues, like the mating habits of the brazilian sea slug or giving dolphins a country of their own.
Seriously, you can only **** away so much money on a non issue like this so don't worry about it being a front burner agenda.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
so climate change causes hurricanes? oh i didn't know.
Yes, climate change effects weather patterns.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
and blah blah but yet he has no regard for our country's debt issue.

What is the response from the liberal left folks about this hypocritical statement?
Answered here: On the Non-equivalence of Greenhouse Gases and Entitlement Spending

Old 01-22-2013, 07:39 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times
If steps aren't taken to address this very serious issue, there won't be a need to tackle any problems pertaining to debt/spending/war/etc.........we as humans will be in much greater danger, than any of those I listed could ever inflict on us. Of course, one would have to first accept the scientific method, and i'm sure that that is probably a big hindrance to this threads OP.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:

What is the response from the liberal left folks about this hypocritical statement?
Lots of deflection from the left is what their response is! So, what else is new.

Obama knows that "anything for the children" will sell to the crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Repairing healthcare and raising taxes on the wealthy will start to lower the debt. Sorry the President didn't go along with the right wings plan to gut the most vulnerable American's safety nets which would've done little to do anything about the debt...In other news, I think an improved environment is a good thing as do most sane people.
Obama has already begun to gut the safety net. As for your last statement, talk about inverted priorities. Remember that when the grass is greener and we have no more money to buy food, we can go munch on fresh "salad greens" from the back lawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't think our debt is an urgent issue. And to single out Obama isn't entirely fair, because no one else on capitol hill is serious about debt, either.
The country is going down the tubes and you don't think the debt is an urgent issue. Can you pay your share of it right now? Why don't you go ahead and do that. It's only a few thousand dollars. Write the check today, why don't you since it's not an issue.

Oh, poor Obama. We can't single him out? He's supposed to be the LEADER on the issues the country faces. He's supposed to drive those issues that are important to the people, and right now it's the economy, jobs, purchasing power and money to purchase with.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
If steps aren't taken to address this very serious issue, there won't be a need to tackle any problems pertaining to debt/spending/war/etc.........we as humans will be in much greater danger, than any of those I listed could ever inflict on us. Of course, one would have to first accept the scientific method, and i'm sure that that is probably a big hindrance to this threads OP.
BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH... Al Gorezeera, is that you????

Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times
In his 2009 inaugural address, Obama said this…

“I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay, and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”

He's making great progress on that promise isn't he.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:

Actually the 2006 through 2008 versions of Obama was a deficit hawk. Too bad the 2009 through 2013 versions of Obama are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies