Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
You are acting as if Obama speaks with some kind of sincerity - didn't you get the memo?
As I posted above it is the standard formula -

blah-blah-blah MORE MONEY($$$) blah-blah-blah (INSERT CRISIS) blah-blah-blah FOR WOMEN and CHILDREN
Yup, rinse, repeat.

I really have no freaking clue what the hell Obama's agenda is. Our economy is so bad that we are creating thousands of poor and desperate Americans every day, and spending one and a half trillion in deficits, and all the president is concerned about is punishing the fossil fuel industry, subsidizing green energy, pushing gay marriage and passing a new immigration policy. Rome is burning and he is playing the fiddle. It's not as if we can count on the democrats to care about the country either, they only want to dance to Obama playing the fiddle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Obama isn't doing this for the kids. The Davos collective told the countries to spend money, lots of money on green technology to save economies and promote "sustainable growth".

These are business people and we have nowhere else to turn at this point to get economies rolling again.
They are all stagnating and deep in debt.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 AM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Too bad half the elctorate decided to already sacrifice their children on the altar of Obamaworld, so who are the children of whom obama speaks?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
If there was no Clinton surplus then why did Bush say this:

Amid Deficit, A Look Back At Bush's Surplus, Tax Cuts : NPR
Because he is a politician. If people were told by Clinton and the media, that they were over taxed and government has a surplus of their money, Bush can look like the great savior and give the surplus money back to the people.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:20 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,043 times
Its getting harder to deny CC. And that its man made. When we get thunder storms in North Michigan in Feb. Its hard to say ya its normal. Or in Fla where its drought.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Too bad half the elctorate decided to already sacrifice their children on the altar of Obamaworld, so who are the children of whom obama speaks?
It's a common, dishonest political ploy, tell the people that the reason they need to throw away trillions of dollars to Obama's political and corporate cronies, suffer new onerous EPA anti-carbon regulations, and enrich green energy corporations is because they are doing it...wait for it........ "for the children." <sniff> Who could possibly say no, if it's "for the children?"

Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Its getting harder to deny CC. And that its man made. When we get thunder storms in North Michigan in Feb. Its hard to say ya its normal. Or in Fla where its drought.
Sure, yeah, we have never had storms before, or el nino events. I remember when i was in sixth grade, coming home in June on the last day of school, and was depressed to see we still had snow on the north side of our house. We had a freak snow storm in May that dumped about three feet on us. Yes, freaky weather has always been with us, and always will be.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Sure, yeah, we have never had storms before, or el nino events. I remember when i was in sixth grade, coming home in June on the last day of school, and was depressed to see we still had snow on the north side of our house. We had a freak snow storm in May that dumped about three feet on us. Yes, freaky weather has always been with us, and always will be.
How did the Ice Age happen..too many lawnmowers clogging up the ozone layer ?

How was there "climate change" occurring on earth before man took over ?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Default Buy a book

TEX -
Buy or borrow a book on Earth's Climate History and read it. There are astronomical, atmospheric and anthropomorphic reasons for climate change. Their interactions are too complex for this board.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
TEX -
Buy or borrow a book on Earth's Climate History and read it. There are astronomical, atmospheric and anthropomorphic reasons for climate change. Their interactions are too complex for this board.
I understand that GregW.

Just trying to understand how cap & trade (which is where this is going) is going to save the earth.
$$$$ is driving this, not the need to be more sustainable.

It's hard to do at a central level supporting millions but easier to do on an individual level.
But an individual level gets rid of the big corporate interests and a stream of steady revenue.

I realized it was all semi bogus when I inquired about solar panels and net metering with the electric company. Sure they would take the extra power I generated but would not compensate me.
It's also cost prohibitive to go all out off grid and you won't see a return of your investment for decades.

No, governments and corporates want you dependent on them. Being off grid doesn't do THEM any good and won't give them steady revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies