Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Once again, your using simplistic thinking on a complex subject. You must first become educated on it.....then, get back to us. Read some on economics(especially macro), geopolitics(believe me, catastrophic climate change will have an effect), health issues which in turn are connected with economics/geopolitics(once again, a complex issue, not simplistic) and these are just some starters. Once you begin you're journey on finally educating yourself on these important matters, you might not think them to be as simplistically inconsequential as you do now.
Oh, I think there are very important issues at hand. No need to preach to me about "getting educated". I just don't like to see government invest in projects that are nothing more than an "experiment" paid for by the taxpayer. There are other existing issues that need to be addressed and can be corrected with positive results on the first try. I don't want to see another $90 billion of taxpayers money being wasted.

Get off your high horse. You've implied to, I think, 3 other people that they are either uneducated or ignorant. If you are so damned smart for the people on C-D you might want to move along and find a forum with people who share your "education" and superior attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Oh, I think there are very important issues at hand. No need to preach to me about "getting educated". I just don't like to see government invest in projects that are nothing more than an "experiment" paid for by the taxpayer. There are other existing issues that need to be addressed and can be corrected with positive results on the first try. I don't want to see another $90 billion of taxpayers money being wasted.

Get off your high horse. You've implied to, I think, 3 other people that they are either uneducated or ignorant. If you are so damned smart for the people on C-D you might want to move along and find a forum with people who share your "education" and superior attitude.
All advances in science/technology are "experiments" at first. What are the existing issues that need to addressed, and how do you propose we correct them on the first try? It appears that your horse is a bit higher than mine.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Once again, you just aren't familiar with the science. It's definitely telling in your trying to wrap up "climate change" into some neat and tidy "conspiracy" for another "perpetual war". Please, get educated first.
Gimme a break. All you are doing in various threads are telling people to "get educated".

Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
and blah blah but yet he has no regard for our country's debt issue.

What is the response from the liberal left folks about this hypocritical statement?
It's a mental disease.

Let's say that Obama envisions a future, where our children will be spending hundreds of billions to offset global warming. Our children will be facing hundreds of billions a year on just the interest payments on the debt, because of Obama's irresponsible and unpatriotic deficit spending.

What good does Obama feel we will benefit from in the future, if he promotes windmills and solar panels, if the future for our children is them living in an impoverished nation?

Here's a vision for you, a fifty foot statue in commemoration of Obama's green energy initiatives. Obama, attired in rich garb, standing in a grand pose, reaching for the stars with one one hand, while holding a big bag of loot in the other, with a child at his feet, reaching down to pick up a shovel, and Obama's foot firmly on the handle. To symbolize the selfish greed the country engaged in during the first two decades of 2000s, while our children and grandchildren try to dig themselves out of the debt we left them.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
and blah blah but yet he has no regard for our country's debt issue.

What is the response from the liberal left folks about this hypocritical statement?
blah-blah-blah MORE $$$$ blah-blah-blah CLIMATE CHANGE blah-blah-blah FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN blah-blah-blah

Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Gimme a break. All you are doing in various threads are telling people to "get educated".
Because obviously you are not. And maybe i'd like a break from ill-informed people. I mean no harm. It's just some times you've gotta go.........hmmmmmmmm

Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
All advances in science/technology are "experiments" at first. What are the existing issues that need to addressed, and how do you propose we correct them on the first try? It appears that your horse is a bit higher than mine.
But we don't burn the bridges in front of us, and tell everyone in a cavalier manner, that we can't use bridges anymore, because we need to invent new technology to get across the river.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
But we don't burn the bridges in front of us, and tell everyone in a cavalier manner, that we can't use bridges anymore, because we need to invent new technology to get across the river.
You are acting as if Obama speaks with some kind of sincerity - didn't you get the memo?
As I posted above it is the standard formula -

blah-blah-blah MORE MONEY($$$) blah-blah-blah (INSERT CRISIS) blah-blah-blah FOR WOMEN and CHILDREN

Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Who's talking about burning the whole bridge down? There isn't going to be any babies being thrown out with the bathwater, either. Folks in the know, the scientist, have never once said that of which you speak.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
It's a mental disease.

Let's say that Obama envisions a future, where our children will be spending hundreds of billions to offset global warming. Our children will be facing hundreds of billions a year on just the interest payments on the debt, because of Obama's irresponsible and unpatriotic deficit spending.

What good does Obama feel we will benefit from in the future, if he promotes windmills and solar panels, if the future for our children is them living in an impoverished nation?

Here's a vision for you, a fifty foot statue in commemoration of Obama's green energy initiatives. Obama, attired in rich garb, standing in a grand pose, reaching for the stars with one one hand, while holding a big bag of loot in the other, with a child at his feet, reaching down to pick up a shovel, and Obama's foot firmly on the handle. To symbolize the selfish greed the country engaged in during the first two decades of 2000s, while our children and grandchildren try to dig themselves out of the debt we left them.
First, the narrative that "Our children will be facing hundreds of billions a year on just the interest payments on the debt, because of Obama's irresponsible and unpatriotic deficit spending," is entirely false. What areas has Obama spend recklessly that wasn't approved by the GOP House? Moreover, interest payments by the United States are about the same as they were in 2006 under Bush.

On Green Energy:

From the Wall Street Journal:

U.S. Solar Market Continues Fast Growth - Study

Quote:
U.S. firms installed 1,992 megawatts of solar panels this year through September, more than all of 2011, according to the report.

The U.S. is on track to install a record 3,200 megawatts (3.2 gigawatts) of solar panels in 2012, up 70% from 2011, following a flurry of expected fourth-quarter installations, the report predicted.

"While the third quarter was remarkable for the U.S. [solar photovoltaic] market, it is just the opening act for what we expect to see in the fourth quarter," said Shayle Kann, GTM's vice president of research.

While the overall U.S. solar market is expected to continue growing into 2013, GTM cautioned that solar markets in some states, such as New Jersey and Massachusetts, are likely to decline next year, as utilities there meet their quotas for solar purchases.

Solar-system prices have continued to fall, in line with prices for panels and other equipment, GTM and SEIA reported.

Installing a solar system on a home rooftop averaged $5.21 a watt, down 15% from a year ago, and down 4% from the second quarter, the report found.

Solar systems for businesses averaged $4.18 a watt, down nearly 15% over the past year and down 3% from the second quarter, according to the study.

The average price of a solar panel was 75 cents a watt, down 43% from a year earlier, according to the report.

Construction of large-scale solar-power plants in states such as California and Arizona has fueled much of the solar market's growth, with such projects accounting for 45% of solar installations year-to-date through September, GTM said.

About 119,000 Americans work for 5,600 companies in the U.S. that are involved with solar power, the report found.
Quote:
U.S. Solar-Panel Demand Expected to Double
The U.S. market for solar panels is likely to double in 2012, thanks to government policies and falling prices, although new tariffs on panels imported from China could contribute to slower growth in 2013, according to a new study.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies