Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; the "natives" came from Asia. Yes; Indians are "Asian" and they have many cultures. "Hispanic" culture is a "white" 1 and it's no more native than our Anglo Saxon 1.
Hispanic culture is white........Latin American culture is mixed.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Purchased stolen land west of the Mississippi River FWIW.
Stolen from who? I'm 100 percent sure even the Indians there swiped land from each other before 1492 and most of the tribes back in the day would be wanderers by 2013 laws anywhere in the world if things didn't change and they settled down.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I am thinking. We had open borders with Mexico for our entire history until the 1940's. That includes during Mexico's most violent times (even more violent than today's drug wars). America survived. The idea of our imminent collapse is a bogey man set up to scare people into forgetting our history and what made this nation great. There isn't a mass of humanity on our southern border trying to sneak in and bring about the destruction of our nation. Immigration laws were enacted to keep spies, communists, and criminals out. That still needs to be the case, but those laws were not meant to stop all people from entering our nation. That is a modern day corruption of an American ideal. By the way, the reason those immigration laws aren't passed is because it is IMPOSSIBLE to enforce them. It is no different than that Prohibition nonsense. Passing laws that are impossible to enforce is stupid. Work smarter, not harder.
Mexico started having huge numbers of kids from about WW 2 till maybe 1980. Let Mexico deal with its poor people, not the US. If it hurts Mexico's feelings; I don't care.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
I'll take Salma Hayek over Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin any day.
Salma's still "white" like Marlo Thomas, their fathers were from Syria or some other Arab country.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Hispanic culture is white........Latin American culture is mixed.
The La Raza "brown" people still say they're "Hispanic".

Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
The La Raza "brown" people still say they're "Hispanic".
Many Latinos prefer this term because Hispanic signifies Europe and not the tricontinental heritage of Latin America.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:20 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,689,690 times
Quote:
Stolen from who? I'm 100 percent sure even the Indians there swiped land from each other before 1492 and most of the tribes back in the day would be wanderers by 2013 laws anywhere in the world if things didn't change and they settled down.
according to natives the land could not be owned but shared so i'm sure they didn't swipe or steal land..and how do you know if they would still be wanderers? are you psychic or can you predict 500 years of possibilities?

Old 04-04-2013, 08:20 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
There was a Spanish speaking girl from Chile who stayed with us for a while..In private she referred to us as "lazy white people" - The lazy did not bother me, but the idea that we were white and she was not struck me as unrealistic. She sure looked white to me. The southern third world types actually think that they can come north and they will have everything that we had in the 60s 70s and 80s....That if the work hard they will have the two cars and that little subdivision home...There dream come true...SORRY - you are too late...middle class prosperity is over.

Any way this Spanish speaking girl married my youngest son...then one day she just got up and left "You are of no help to me" _ I believe she move in with a group of Mexicans in a nice subdivision thinking it was the big time...Good luck...oddly that part of town is nothing but brown people...Maybe she will discover some lazy brown people out there...oh well...Never trust a woman who brings her immigration lawyer to the wedding.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:23 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's the culture, not the color. If the new Americans embrace the constitution and work hard to make America and keep America a great country we will be fine.

I guess it comes down to do you believe that these new citizens are of the same quality of the immigrants of 100 years ago who essentially built this country into what it is today?

My Grandfather was born in Germany in 1891 and was brought here when he was a baby. His Dad taught him farming and carpentry. He built a successful farm, many houses and barns and never collected a dollar of welfare. He spoke 3 languages fluently. He provided 3 sons for the US for WWII.

That's just one example but I don't see the same quality in these new immigrants that those people brought to the table.

Except for the Hmongs, they are fantastic but there's not enough of them.

The Somalis that have invaded Minneapolis are a cancer. They may ruin that beautiful city within 20 years.
The OP is a NON white kiwi/Aussie.
Yes I agree on the quality of immigrants, if you want to immigrate from the USA/Britain to Aus the first question asked is do you have skills we need and want, if the answer is no you will not get in even if you are blonde and blue eyed.
Canada,Aus and NZ are rather hot on having immigrants who are well educated and can speak English well.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
The OP is a NON white kiwi/Aussie.
Yes I agree on the quality of immigrants, if you want to immigrate from the USA/Britain to Aus the first question asked is do you have skills we need and want, if the answer is no you will not get in even if you are blonde and blue eyed.
Canada,Aus and NZ are rather hot on having immigrants who are well educated and can speak English well.
How are the women in Aus? I looked into moving there after I graduate and get some more experience, but nobody could tell me anything about the women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies