Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 04:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Maybe a negative birth rate is killing the nation, also.
So you want to force women to breed because your government can't come up with a new and viable model?
Great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I was just about to post the same thing. Have them see a doc. They find a pill that works for them and they pay a few dollars a month OTC.
Different women need different types of BC.
Some cost $95/month.
That's a bit higher than the cost of aspirin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 04:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Generally speaking humans have a sex drive that is built in and doesn't come with an off switch. So no, "just don't have sex" isn't an answer and only makes you look ignorant about life.
I think the crazy people talking about having no sex are, well, having no sex.
Misery loves company, I suppose.

It shows that they've not availed themselves of the bliss of sexual release.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh I see

it should be free to any woman

a very anti man post...

the liberals war on men is noted
If the woman is having sex with another woman, then she doesn't need contraception. It's only when she is having sex with a man that there is a need for contraception. Put it another way. It's only when a man is having sex with a woman that there is a need for contraception. Since most men I know like having sex with women, then it can hardly be called a war on men when it's enabling men to get what they want.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The question is what church does the owner go to. It's the owner who is being forced to pay for something against his religion. Employers have religous preferences and they are entitled to them.

The owners ARE being forced to pay for medical insurance that provides BC. That's the problem.

As to abstinence, sex is a choice and BC is not something used to treat a medical condition. It's a personal choice. Personal choice = personal responsiblity. Now if the BC is being used to treat a medical condition, that's different but just like most abortions are not performed to save the life of the mother, most people using BC are just trying to have sex without getting pregnant. While I"m all for that if you don't want kids, I don't think you employer owes it to you to pay for BC any more than he owes you condoms....
No, it's not. The owners are separate from the business. For instance, the business can be sold. Owners can't be sold. When the owner incorporates that business, he is legally severing himself from the business. So, if the business sells defective merchandise, and a customer sues the business, that customer can't sue the owner. The owner protects his assets by severing his relationship with the business. The owner cannot legally assert his relationship with the business when it suits him, and deny that relationship with the business when it suits him. He makes a decision, that the business is separate, and that means the business is a separate entity. So the question is which church does the business go to. And the answer is none. The business, a thing, doesn't have a religion, doesn't go to church.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 AM

340 posts, read 496,241 times
Because many religions including catholics want to force you to do as they do in Rome

Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
And insurance doesn't pay for that. If women can get covered for birth control, men should be able to get condoms covered.
Except that a woman has to go to a doctor and get a prescription for birth control, while you can go to any gas station, supermarket, convenience store, and even some bars that have condom vending machines in the bathrooms to get a condom.

The comparison of condoms to birth control is not equivalent. Condoms to tampons is more equivalent, because condoms, like tampons, have a consistent and singular use. Birth control medications are used for purposes other than birth control. Condoms, like tampons, are readily available, without requiring a doctor's prescription. Condoms, like tampons, are often sold in vending machines in public restrooms.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Getting pregnant is a choice, too. And not a medical condition. Why should insurance companies have to cover pregnancies?
Pregnancy isn't a medical condition?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh I see

it should be free to any woman

a very anti man post...

the liberals war on men is noted
How is free contraception for women anti-man ? Anything that reduces the risk of unwanted pregnancy is pro-males who want to have intercourse without worrying as much about having a kid, child support, skipping town, std's, etc. He still can't rely totally on the woman using the bc or it working, but still. better than nothing.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Pregnancy isn't a medical condition?
I wrote that badly. Here's what I meant:

Quote:
Likewise, "I want to get pregnant" is a choice. Why should others (esp men who don't get to choose whether to become pregnant) have to pay for another's woman choice in becoming pregnant (as in insurance covering all the medical costs involved with pregnancy).

Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'll answer your question: What's not to support?

Women. After all, we're all whores.
Men have no culpability.
It's the american christian way.
No, but women are acting like helpless whining children when they won't take responsibiltiy for their own bc. The men will not get pregnant, we will. Just now, in 2013 all of a sudden women become poor little victims who have to be saved by daddy government when we have been doing it ourselves for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies