Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 01:29 PM

642 posts, read 1,114,257 times

Advertisements

One time when I was 15 or so I was hanging out at my friend's townhouse and was pretty drunk. He shared a backyard with his neighbor. We were talking to this girl on the opposite side of the fence when I went back inside the house by opening the sliding glass door. It took me a second to realize that it was the wrong house because everything was pretty much identical, but a mirrored version. Just as I realized this, I saw a guy get out of his couch in the living room and walked towards me, he then grabbed me by my shirt collar and pulled me outside and gave me and my friend a really stern talking-to. It scared the crap out of me, but I'm sure glad he didn't shoot me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 02:13 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The homeowner may not be the bad guy, but I'll bet he regrets his actions. Maybe you'd be happy about shooting a kid to death, but most normal people would not be.
I'll bet you that he would have regretted not shooting the intruder had the most likely scenario been the case, and this stranger coming up the stairs had intention to rape his wife and daughter just before killing them all.

Most normal people are not climbing into strangers homes in the wee hours through a window, and then proceeding upstairs. And most normal people finding a stranger coming up their stairs would do exactly what this man did, if they had a lick of common sense. Of course, no one is going to confuse you libruls of being normal or possessing common sense.

No, your idea is to shoot a warning shot ... or better yet, not even have a gun and just hide under the bed with the telephone, dialing 911.

When you have evil killers like that psychopath 16 year old in Ohio in this world, you have to assume that an intruder in your home isn't there because they are too drunk and stupid to realize they've climbed in the window of the wrong house.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I'll bet you that he would have regretted not shooting the intruder had the most likely scenario been the case, and this stranger coming up the stairs had intention to rape his wife and daughter just before killing them all.

On what do you base that this is the most likely scenario?

Old 03-20-2013, 02:27 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,343,194 times
is this one of those new neighborhoods where all the homes look the same?

Old 03-20-2013, 02:47 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
is this one of those new neighborhoods where all the homes look the same?
Not even close.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:55 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,437,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
"A teenager who was shot and killed in Sterling, Virginia over the weekend may have accidentally entered the wrong home after a night of drinking."

I wish things like this didnt happen, but why Shawn Gordley, was your son out drinking?
Nice spin, even though the article mentions that a faulty GPS got another person killed . . .

This to me is the normal case of gun violence and protection. People believe that their gun will "protect them" when the reality is it wont.

IT WILL NOT

It will kill your family, your friend, or an innocent before you ever fire at a bad guy. The average US citizen is never put in the place to defend themselves from and armed intruder. Gun as self-protection is a lie for the statiscialy ignorant.

These are two very strong cases for the norm. If there was no gun allowed/involved than these people wouldn't have a murder on their hands, dealing with a tradgedy.

I mean seriously, he shot a unarmed neihbor kid. he didn't save ANYONE. . .the kid was drunk.

If I was the father, I would seriously think about evening the score.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:58 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,437,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post

On what do you base that this is the most likely scenario?

Once, I was watching this TV Show about these guys that were all followers of a serial killer. And they came to the persons house and they were going to. . .well I don't know rape. but murder. So that must happen all the time in real life. . .plus i once saw on the news that someone got rapped like just in the other town, a year ago. . .so there

Old 03-20-2013, 03:15 PM

569 posts, read 671,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. What's with parents today that 16 year olds are out getting plastered and staying out all night? I guess rules like be home by a normal time and don't drink at age 16 went out with spanking and discipline for kids.

Isn't just today. In 1978 this happened to someone from my home town. Football hero (16) goes out drinking with the other players, stumbles upon what he THINKS is his friends house, enters the unlocked sliding door and is shot to death by a senior citizen. It was awful for everyone involved. Kids have been drinking illegally for eons.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpsychlist View Post
One time when I was 15 or so I was hanging out at my friend's townhouse and was pretty drunk. He shared a backyard with his neighbor. We were talking to this girl on the opposite side of the fence when I went back inside the house by opening the sliding glass door. It took me a second to realize that it was the wrong house because everything was pretty much identical, but a mirrored version. Just as I realized this, I saw a guy get out of his couch in the living room and walked towards me, he then grabbed me by my shirt collar and pulled me outside and gave me and my friend a really stern talking-to. It scared the crap out of me, but I'm sure glad he didn't shoot me.
Your going to equate a guy sitting on his couch AWAKE, to a guy being rudely awakened at 2:30am with the alarm going off and finds a 6ft figure standing on his stairwell....with your story....

My god, you lefties are trying hard to make this the home owners fault....why is that?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:47 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If I were someone who wants to confront home intruders, I would do what someone else already mentioned. I would yell, "Freeze. I have a gun. Get out of here." and if they came towards me, I would shoot into the air.

In reality, if it was me, if I had a home intruder, the LAST thing I would do is come out looking for them. That's just stupid. I would barricade myself in a locked room and call the police.
Warning shots are illegal in Virginia...

We shoot to kill here. Stay the **** out of my house and I won't shoot you.

That's a fair deal...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies