Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's why it's also good to have a dog. A dog's barking will tell you if it's family, friend or foe. You really aren't safe just letting a criminal wander about your house, especially if you have kids in another room while you're cowering in your room.

Most intruders who break in while you are in the house are home-invaders and are actually extremely dangerous. A burglar who makes sure no one is home when he robs it might not be extremely dangerous but you cannot assume that someone breaking into an occupied home is a good guy. Chances are they will kill you if they find you.
Agreed.

I have taken all reasonable precautions to deter criminals .... locks on windows, security cameras, alarm. If one chooses to ignore those precautions then I have to assume the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 12:23 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's why it's also good to have a dog. A dog's barking will tell you if it's family, friend or foe. You really aren't safe just letting a criminal wander about your house, especially if you have kids in another room while you're cowering in your room.

Most intruders who break in while you are in the house are home-invaders and are actually extremely dangerous. A burglar who makes sure no one is home when he robs it might not be extremely dangerous but you cannot assume that someone breaking into an occupied home is a good guy. Chances are they will kill you if they find you.

And your right about that. Two scumbags you heard me talk of this so many times on here. 2 different cases, 2 different States, different times. But lowlifes, did break into the homes of 2 of my realitives while they were home, and they both were murdered.

One was surprised as he was drinking morning coffee at the table, and stabbed over and over and over again, cause the crimianl lowlife sucmbag gun jammed.

There was no reason what so ever to kill my cousin at all. But he did.

The other case was in Texas, and my female realitive was getting up to go to the bathroom, while the intruder burglar, shot her point blank range in the head, yes her head went flying.

Was taken apart limb by limb, and organs removed. This is a sore topic with me, because people have a right to own a gun for their protection, their family, themmselves, and their home.
I am sorry, after having had 2 loved realitives murdered in their homes, for no Gosh damn reason, i trust no one, come into my home at night with the alarm blaring, and your standing on my stairs, i will shoot you, and yes i am a good shot. That is if my dog does not go for the attack first, my dog will protect all his owners, with his life.

Do not anyone sit here and tell me people who break into your home, just to steal, will not kill you, cause i will say bull to you. I know different. What the hell any of you going to do if you get that phone call late late at night, telling you one of your family members has just been murdered.

Don't think this can happen to you, think again, it can.

And yes it is very good to have a dog or dogs for protection. Someone breaks into my home, feel sorry for them, for my dog, will bite the **** out of them. And will go for the attack, if he feels one of his family members is being threatened. Criminals do not want to encounter a dog if they can help it.

Last edited by california-jewel; 03-20-2013 at 12:35 AM..

Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
"A teenager who was shot and killed in Sterling, Virginia over the weekend may have accidentally entered the wrong home after a night of drinking."

Drunk teen shot and killed after friends drop him at wrong house | The Raw Story

Why can't the parents be responsible for their LACK of parenting? Why was your kid out drinking?

Shawn Gordley, Caleb's father, said on Twitter Monday evening that: "I was just informed that Caleb & his friend hopped the fence into the wrong backyard. They both thought it was my house. Caleb then climbed through an UNLOKCED window and staggered up the staircase that is identical to mine."

Viva Loudoun: News: Teenager Identified in Fatal Sterling Shooting as 16-Year-old Park View Junior Who Lived on Same Street

Father looks to be blaming the "unlocked" window already.

I wish things like this didnt happen, but why Shawn Gordley, was your son out drinking?

ban parents!!! the only logical solution...

Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,126,588 times
Sad, my old roommate would always seem to loose his keys when he went drinking. He would normaly come in through the window. He woke up in the wrong house at least twice.

I once got locked my self out of a girlfriends appartment, she was away and I needed to get back in. Her roommate was an absolutly psyco marine sniper gun nut. Dude never went anywhere unarmed. He had 45 he always carried no permit , he was always pulling the damn thing out and playing with it. Lots of other guns. He was a nutter to begin with but came home from the 1st gulf war batsh*t crazy. (I grew up around guns and have owned a few, am ex infantry... so I am not afraid of them normaly)

No one answered the door so I finaly I decided to through the window half expecting he would wake up and kill me.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Such a tragedy I saw a local report of the family of the dead teenager. What noble people they described it as a tragedy and didn't hold animus towards their neighbor who lived two doors down.

What I find striking is that folks can live so close to each other and don't even know each other by face atleast

Old 03-20-2013, 12:20 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Why are there so many stupid homeowners whose first action is to shoot an intruder dead? Why couldn't the homeowner have fired a warning shot, and told him to leave? I'm sure this homeowner's life is ruined forever now. Yay! a teenager makes a mistake, and dies for it. You can all cheer!

Blame it on the bad guys. The homeowner can't assume the individual crawling thru his back window at 2:30AM is just confused and means no harm, that could give the intruder the upper hand.

It's sorta the same reason Police officers strap on their bullet proof vests and pistols every day when they go to work, they can't just assume that everyone they encounter that particular day is going to be super nice to them.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
When we have a shoot first, question later mentality we will find people meaning no harm will die. death sentence for drinking under age sounds fair... I'm certain no one in CD ever did that.
He wasn't shot because he was drinking. If he had just gotten drunk, then gone into his own home, he'd still be alive.

He was shot because he got drunk, went to the wrong house (and after seeing the houses, I'm not sure how he was confused. They are completely different in look, layout and distance from the street), broke into a side window, ignored the alarm that sounded, ignored the homeowner demanding that he leave, then ignored the warning shot.

At what point was the homeowner supposed to give him any more chances? I'm sure you wouldn't be coming to the defense of the homeowner that was killed by someone breaking into their home under these circumstances. Naturally, being a liberal, you attack the law abiding gun owner and defend the young person that did everything wrong. Stupidly wrong, but wrong. That homeowner had every right to defend their own home. If our homes are not safe from intruders that could do us harm, where ARE we safe?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
No the left isn't crazy. Most households do not even own a gun, do you realize it? Gun owners are a scared minority in this country. If you see a 6 foot figure coming up the stairs, the prudent thing to do is retreat behind a closed door, and call the police. If you have a gun, by all means shoot the intruder if they are stupid enough to start breaking down your door. But I don't see any reason to shoot what is most likely a burglar who is most likely in their teens or early twenties.
Goes right along with the advice to women to just tell the rapist to not rape you, right?

So, as a woman, I follow your advice. Why should I wait until they break into the room where I have no escape? They've already broken down a door - the one into MY home. If you want to take a chance that the intruder is just a wee child, up to no real harm, feel free.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Why are there so many stupid homeowners whose first action is to shoot an intruder dead? Why couldn't the homeowner have fired a warning shot, and told him to leave? I'm sure this homeowner's life is ruined forever now. Yay! a teenager makes a mistake, and dies for it. You can all cheer!
The only good warning shot is the one that hits between the eyes.

At least the homeowner has a life. Had the drunk been sober and armed with a weapon and evil intent, the homeowners might not have a life at all.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 PM

611 posts, read 2,235,541 times
how come when they always tell up about these "lil angels" it is always about how many touchdowns they scored, how proficient they were at putting a ball through a hoop, and that they wanted to cut a cRap album

why do they never mention their actual school grades, they ignore that fact that "lil angles" don't sneak out at 16 and go out getting so wasted that they can't identify their own home

what makes scoring touchdowns and putting a ball through a hoop and cRaping angle like......especially when so many ballers and cRappers are also criminals, rapist, very poor students, drunks, addicts, and generally a plague on society

ray lewis, maurice clarett, kenny clutch, the recent ohio high school gang rapist of the drunken passed out girl (of course her being drunk was an invitation to be raped according to some probably the same that make excuses for this "angle" ) and on and on the list is endless with "athletes' and aspiring cRappers that are "angles" that never have their grades mentioned and very often slip up and do more and more things that are not "angle like" as they get older and score more touchdowns and cut more bad rhymes and have all their bad behavior and poor choices in life excused because they can put a ball in a hoop and "flow"....I have seen stories of armed Cstore robbers that were 26-28 years old talking about how many touchdowns they scored in high school and how they were "angles" even though they clearly were holding a gun on an innocent store clerk with the intent to rob them...and oh yea lets not forget they were "turning their life around" as well

put this angles report card out there and his school discipline record and the like if you want to tell us all how he was going to change the world because all that other BS is not going to change anything or make most people with brain matter think he must be an angle and that he is incapable of crime or bad choices or poor behavior or violence.......because there are huge numbers of incidents where ballers and cRappers are also criminals, murders, and rapist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies