Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 03:24 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, nighttime is prime time for burglars, you can't expect them to come for lunch
I just think it is the wrong approach to kill people just because you assume they break into your home in order to kill you. In 9/10 cases that is not the case, people are just roaming the home to see what there is to steal.
Frankly, I guess people watch too many crime programs featuring psychopaths
Frankly, I think you listen to the lefts mantra to much, "every gun owner want to be like it is in the movies" what a load of crap, I guess you did not read most posts in this thread...but that's alright...keep the true leftist crap rolling.....

We don't know how good or bad a shot this guy was, and even if he a great shot, it was 2am, the alarm going off....

You lefties are making the homeowner the bad guy...what a shame....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 03:26 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
When we have a shoot first, question later mentality we will find people meaning no harm will die. death sentence for drinking under age sounds fair... I'm certain no one in CD ever did that.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:29 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Every year there are people, who end up shooting their own spouses or kids when they enter the house at night. I still think since most intruders are not likely to be psycho-killers, as long as you keep your distance, and shout from behind a closed door, you have a better chance of scaring off an intruder than having to engage him in gun fire. You are safest of all, not venturing out of you hear of an intruder. After all the goal is your safety, not retribution.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
When we have a shoot first, question later mentality we will find people meaning no harm will die. death sentence for drinking under age sounds fair... I'm certain no one in CD ever did that.
Shoot first question later, what a pathetic answer.

The alarm was going off, it's 2am and you have a 6ft figure coming up the stairs.....

Seems to me, it was 3 strikes your out. But, I guess you would have sat down with him and handed him some coffee...had some tea and crumpets....

The left is crazy....all these warning (alarm going off, 2am, and someone is standing on your stairwell).

Old 03-19-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Every year there are people, who end up shooting their own spouses or kids when they enter the house at night. I still think since most intruders are not likely to be psycho-killers, as long as you keep your distance, and shout from behind a closed door, you have a better chance of scaring off an intruder than having to engage him in gun fire. You are safest of all, not venturing out of you hear of an intruder. After all the goal is your safety, not retribution.
Your posts are getting worse, who want's retribution? The alarm was going off, 2am, and there is someone on your stairs....yea, that retribution....

You lefties are something....

Old 03-19-2013, 03:32 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Shoot first question later, what a pathetic answer.

The alarm was going off, it's 2am and you have a 6ft figure coming up the stairs.....

Seems to me, it was 3 strikes your out. But, I guess you would have sat down with him and handed him some coffee...had some tea and crumpets....

The left is crazy....all these warning (alarm going off, 2am, and someone is standing on your stairwell).
No the left isn't crazy. Most households do not even own a gun, do you realize it? Gun owners are a scared minority in this country. If you see a 6 foot figure coming up the stairs, the prudent thing to do is retreat behind a closed door, and call the police. If you have a gun, by all means shoot the intruder if they are stupid enough to start breaking down your door. But I don't see any reason to shoot what is most likely a burglar who is most likely in their teens or early twenties.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
No the left isn't crazy. Most households do not even own a gun, do you realize it? Gun owners are a scared minority in this country.
Haha, why don't you do a little research and get back with me on that number. Oh, and yes I'm so scared....because another leftist BS fall back ignorant talking point, you forgot to add that I have a small penis, drive a big truck with big wheels all for compensation....

Quote:
If you see a 6 foot figure coming up the stairs, the prudent thing to do is retreat behind a closed door, and call the police. If you have a gun, by all means shoot the intruder if they are stupid enough to start breaking down your door. But I don't see any reason to shoot what is most likely a burglar who is most likely in their teens or early twenties.
Maybe you have not worked for your stuff, I'll protect my stuff, I will not attempt to kill someone, I will attempt to wound.

Because "you" see no need, sounds like you may just be scared...

Here I'll help you out a little:

Gun Control - Just Facts

42% of households have some type of gun....maybe you should do a little research before you talk and you would not look...well...never mind...keep doing what your doing....

Old 03-19-2013, 03:37 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times
Quote:
No the left isn't crazy. Most households do not even own a gun, do you realize it? Gun owners are a scared minority in this country. If you see a 6 foot figure coming up the stairs, the prudent thing to do is retreat behind a closed door, and call the police. If you have a gun, by all means shoot the intruder if they are stupid enough to start breaking down your door. But I don't see any reason to shoot what is most likely a burglar who is most likely in their teens or early twenties.
I do own a gun. I have also taken classes on home defense from retired police officers and the advice is always .... if you can get out the back door then do it. If not, stay in one place ... close the door to the room you are in ... call the police and stay on the phone to them .... and only shoot if an intruder comes into the room you are in.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:39 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times
Quote:
Haha, why don't you do a little research and get back with me on that number. Oh, and yes I'm so scared....because another leftist BS fall back ignorant talking point, you forgot to add that I have a small penis, drive a big truck with big wheels all for compensation....

Maybe you have not worked for your stuff, I'll protect my stuff, I will not attempt to kill someone, I will attempt to wound.

Because "you" see no need, sounds like you may just be scared...

Here I'll help you out a little:
At the end of the day, it is only stuff. In my opinion, stuff isn't worth someone else's life. I will shoot to protect myself but not to protect my stuff.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:50 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Frankly, I think you listen to the lefts mantra to much, "every gun owner want to be like it is in the movies" what a load of crap, I guess you did not read most posts in this thread...but that's alright...keep the true leftist crap rolling.....

We don't know how good or bad a shot this guy was, and even if he a great shot, it was 2am, the alarm going off....

You lefties are making the homeowner the bad guy...what a shame....
Actually I was referring to the criminals, not the gun-owners. I don't care about gun-owners, but about their potential victims. When you watch those crime programs, as tens of millions regularly do, you get the impression that there are lots of psychopaths, killers, etc. lurking everywhere just waiting to kill you for no reason. And that is nonsense in my view...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies