Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

I think the california vote whe it ov ccured surprise many that listen to media.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
You don't watch TV shows (where everybody has a nice, harmless gay friend or neighbor) or watch the news or read magazines (where gay marriage is always topic number one)? Or read social media where the gay agenda is pushed every day?

Gay Marriage: Not The Biggest Issue For Voters

I am sure there are several pages of posts arguing this, but I'm new here just started reading the thread and this quote bewildered me. "Where everybody has a nice, harmless gay friend or neighbor" as opposed to what exactly?
I have plenty of nice, harmless gay friends and a couple of family members who are also nice, harmless and gay.
The only agenda being shoved down anyone's throat is when people force their beliefs on others. NOBODY expects YOU to be gay married, DON'T tell other people who they should be allowed to marry.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED View Post
Almost 100% of Americans Support Gay Marriage if I Believed the Media
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post28841928

Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarisch View Post
Misunderstanding of so-called "freedom of religion" -- freedom of religion (a protected right in the US, and it will stay that way) means that YOU get to practice your religion any way you want, unless it breaks laws. You DO NOT get to judge the behavior of others. So, if you decide that your religion tells you that being gay is a sin, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is not be gay yourself (good luck with that). You DON'T get to decide, recommend, or work to change ANYONE ELSE -- that is NOT freedom of relgion. Get it? It seems really simple to me.
Actually, they do get judge the behavior of others. They do get to recommend and work to change others. That is quintessential freedom of religion and expression.

What they don't get to do is use the law to force others to comply with their religious beliefs.
Quote:
People don't care what you do in private..They do care if it effects them personally.
Funny, that's exactly what I think. I don't care what you think or what your church preaches or what you want to stand on the street corner or internet forum and screech. You can sit there typing your modern day equivalent of "Race Mixing is Communism" all you want. What I do care about is people enacting laws that affect me personally. Two guys getting a civil marriage doesn't affect you in any way, yet the religious authoritarians routinely try to stop it from happening.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
And yes I am dealing with an issue that does oppress me, gun rights. So I do understand what gays are dealing with.
This is such a ridiculous statement! You have no idea what gays are dealing with!

How many people called you a "f*g" throughout your life because you wanted an assault rifle?
Did kids beat you up on the playground because they thought you were different in your need to own deadly weapons?
Were you born a gun-lover or was it a choice?
Did going through a background check when you bought your guns prevent you from marrying the person you love?
Did someone else have the abilty to buy a gun when you didn't? (marriage)

Your analogy falls flat on its face!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times
The Supreme Court is going to vote thumbs down on same sex marriage.... then you'll hear some real wailing and great nashing of teeth.
The homosexual voice can hit octaves only dogs can hear.
It is what it is. Soon will be forgotten, and we won't have to endure homosexuals riding the coattails of civil rights leaders: ie. "Gay, Straight, Black, White, Marriage is an Equal Right"!
Sorry, not everything is 'sharey-fairy'.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
The question before the supreme court and everyone else should be: Is there any circumstance in which the state can deny gay people benefits that are granted to straight citizens?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The stats are totally out of proportion. It's like launching the results of a political poll in order to influence and election. Those in hope of having authority know human weakness and nature. No person wants to be cut from the herd and be the "one man out" ..so they say "Hey EVERYBODY'S DOING IT" - This skewed poll is highly manipulative. The problem people have with this issue is that it in fact is about gender re-assignment for everyone. People like having the sexes clearly defined and separated. It is their identity in part.

The normalization of same sex relationships is the slippery slope to a kind of Orwellian collectivism. People don't care what you do in private..They do care if it effects them personally. Human beings through their champion progressives are being pushed into an area that they find freakish and unsettling..The idea that men are not men and woman are not woman that we are everything goes against the very animal grain of human survival and most importantly their personal identity.

More and more I see the femaling of males and the making of females more masculine - sad to say I remember when this all started..with hip hair cutting salons. It was a thing they called unisex or ONE sex..when there is one sex there is no sex. To remove sexual identity in the hope of equality is a mistake...Nothing in this world is equal..no blade of grass is exactly alike. Myself, I believe that making sexuality a political issue is quite bizarre and manipulative in the most perverse Freudian way.
I never thought I would come across a human being whose brain works this way. It's like finding Waldo in the crowd. Who knew that it took me using the modern internet to find someone who thinks so archaically?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
The Supreme Court is going to vote thumbs down on same sex marriage....
Some people never leave the bubble, I see.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
The Supreme Court is going to vote thumbs down on same sex marriage.... then you'll hear some real wailing and great nashing of teeth.
The homosexual voice can hit octaves only dogs can hear.
It is what it is. Soon will be forgotten, and we won't have to endure homosexuals riding the coattails of civil rights leaders: ie. "Gay, Straight, Black, White, Marriage is an Equal Right"!
Sorry, not everything is 'sharey-fairy'.
It's ironic that your screen name is amerifree.
Take the word right out of there, marriage shouldn't be a "right" gay or straight. But it is a liberty, a freedom that is allowed to most in this country.
I pay taxes, I abide by the laws, I was forced to sign up for the draft when I turned 18 and I was legally permitted to marry the woman that I love.
Why should any gay man or woman who pays the same taxes, expected to abide by the same laws, have to sign up for the draft (or in some cases even enlist voluntarilly) not be allowed the same freedom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies