Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,609,960 times

Advertisements

Obviously little Adam Lanza did not measure up in terms of armnaments for all the gun toters in the house. I especially appreciated the perspective of the many experts here who denigrated Adam for his rather low death toll, given his somewhat limited equipment, at least compared to our esteemed denizens here. Oh well, perhaps the next mass murderer will take your teachings to their fullest extent...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Obviously little Adam Lanza did not measure up in terms of armnaments for all the gun toters in the house. I especially appreciated the perspective of the many experts here who denigrated Adam for his rather low death toll, given his somewhat limited equipment, at least compared to our esteemed denizens here. Oh well, perhaps the next mass murderer will take your teachings to their fullest extent...
Armnaments?

Old 03-29-2013, 09:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, and all of that was necessary to protect his home from intruders ... is what the NRA would like us to believe.
Apparently they were expecting a bus load of home invaders.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Apparently they were expecting a bus load of home invaders.
I sure hope it was a small bus.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
And what was in his head made all the difference. I have several fold his "arsenal", yet I have killed no one and do not plan to do so.

I am sure that all the libs are happy about "freeing" all the institutionalized mentally ill in the 1960s and allowing "mainstreaming". Just another liberal "plan" that went terribly wrong. And just like a liberal, they attack a symptom, rather than the disease itself.

I thought Ronald Reagan was a conservative darling.

Quote:
MENTAL HEALTH GAINED traction during Jimmy Carter’s presidency with the first President’s Commission on Mental Health and passage of the Mental Health Systems Act in 1980, which sought greater integration of programs for people with serious mental illnesses. In 1981, after Ronald Reagan took office, this act was repealed,
Mental Health Services Then And Now

Last edited by jojajn; 03-29-2013 at 10:02 PM..

Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I thought Ronald Reagan was the conservative darling.

Mental Health Services Then And Now
The changes to mental health was because of a case, which I support, filed by the ACLU that stop states from committing people to mental institutions that were not a danger to themselves or others. Just because someone is different does not mean they should be locked up.

"The ACLU's most important Supreme Court case involving the rights of people with mental illness was filed on behalf of Kenneth Donaldson, who had been involuntarily confined in a Florida State Hospital for 15 years. He was not dangerous and had received no medical treatment. In a landmark decision for mental health law in 1975, a unanimous Supreme Court ruled that states cannot confine a non-dangerous individual who can survive on his own, or with help from family and friends."

ACLU History: Mental Institutions | American Civil Liberties Union

Old 03-30-2013, 08:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
I know. Crazy, isn't it? Extremists will never understand how they come across.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Read the article in the Times. Among all the literature he had one piece was conspicuously absent, anything about and/or related to the shooting in Norway. So why did the Hartford Courant report that he was fascinated by Anders Breivik and why did the news media run away with this narrative?

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 03-30-2013 at 09:11 AM..

Old 03-30-2013, 08:47 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
You already have your next mass murder, that is Obama.... get over yourself...

You grabbers kill the unborn like it is going out of style and you then expect us to believe you are seriously upset over 26 more? Get outta here..

This has nothing to do with the law abiding.
This has everything to do with the Politically Correct bull chit life style of pretending nothing bad happens, pretending everyone is equal, and pretending that if you are nice to a violent criminal that criminal will be nice back. That's plain stupid.

Quit lying to yourself and everyone else. It is foolish.

The PC experiment has lived it time, and FAILED.... lets get back on board reality for a change, and quit pretending.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:35 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
I am still trying to figure out how anyone, especially law enforcement can consider 6 firearms and ~1400 rounds of ammo to be an arsenal?

as of counting today, I have 317 firearms and 822,000 rounds of centerfire ammo. even my friends (some of them are cops) dont think I have an arsenal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies