Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 11:34 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
well the media was spewing 'news' that his Mother was trying to get him committed for his illness.

By law there should be documents made public. This crime affects everyone, the victims, the gun control issue etc.

Id like to know why the media thinks they can bulldoze the gun control issue on everyone , while not discussing CAUSATION.

Lanzas illness would have a paper trail of doctors and medical Hx(history), Dx etc...Also if I were Peter Lanza I would be asking questions of his son's psychiatrists.

Why are NONE of these questions being answered?.

In the field, there would be medical records, and these should be made public.

This is a legal case where there are murder victims, where are the civil suiits? WRONGFUL death in a criminal matter is the highest bar of liability.
I disagree. Even in death you have a right to not have your medical records made public, to be trotted out in front of the media
I'm not saying some information could not be used in a court of law with proper discovery. The records would remained sealed with the court, like all of the confidential medical records for all other criminal actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 11:40 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Not if parents file a wrongful death suit. The parents who lost a child have a right to go public, get an attorney and file suits.

Jon Benet Ramseys autopsy was made public.

My main point is there are many unanswered issues about this incident. And cnn and its ineptitude have contributed to people changing their minds on the gun control issue.

how ironic for them.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgswaim View Post
Arsenal sound more intimidating. The media sling that word around like they do "assault rifle" in order to make things sound worse.
yeah I know.... I am 61 years old the media has been on the gun grabber wagon fir the past 55 years. They haven't got any detail right yet, and i don't suppose they will in the next 55 years either. What the media doesn't understand well is that there is order to the CONS.

If the 2nd goes down in flames so will the 1st.
And that if they both go down in flames it will only be paper flames because the 2nd gives us the RIGHT to TAKE the govt back. or in other words there will be a war and the govt will not legally be able to use the military as a force.

No OATH takers can be used against 'We the people' legally....

The Feds don't seem to understand they are breaking their own OATH.... Any of the gun graber poly tics in fact are breaking their oath and should be recalled.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I disagree. Even in death you have a right to not have your medical records made public, to be trotted out in front of the media
I'm not saying some information could not be used in a court of law with proper discovery. The records would remained sealed with the court, like all of the confidential medical records for all other criminal actions.
IDK man..... Committing mass murder, seems like signing a release to me.... I want to know every last med he was on, why he was and WHO wrote the script, where they live, where they were educated, any records SS, SSI, other, have released as public info.

I want it in this case and any case like it. It should be assumed that if you go loco and become a mass murder your RIGHTS to anything are OVER.

There will be HELL to PAY for this, and the PC should pay it. This is no gun problem, this is a PC problem, for pretending everyone is equal, for passing this child and others like him up the ladder instead of dealing with reality.

The PC created this Monster, not let the PC PAY. I know it will hurt their feelings, but that's just too bad. For once lets put the blame where it belongs on the PC.

There is a sickness in the USA, and it is due to the PC nothing but the PC by the PC.

This is it..... The PC must PAY.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, and all of that was necessary to protect his home from intruders ... is what the NRA would like us to believe.
Yes, but in his defense, Adam WAS able to successfully kill the person who pulled a gun on him.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
IDK man..... Committing mass murder, seems like signing a release to me.... I want to know every last med he was on, why he was and WHO wrote the script, where they live, where they were educated, any records SS, SSI, other, have released as public info.

I want it in this case and any case like it. It should be assumed that if you go loco and become a mass murder your RIGHTS to anything are OVER.

There will be HELL to PAY for this, and the PC should pay it. This is no gun problem, this is a PC problem, for pretending everyone is equal, for passing this child and others like him up the ladder instead of dealing with reality.

The PC created this Monster, not let the PC PAY. I know it will hurt their feelings, but that's just too bad. For once lets put the blame where it belongs on the PC.

There is a sickness in the USA, and it is due to the PC nothing but the PC by the PC.

This is it..... The PC must PAY.
It doesn't mean the info won't be part of sealed court records for liability cases or other maters. But that is completely different than releasing copies to the media.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:42 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
I want to know the medication he was on.

Nancy Lanza had been petitioning the courts to have him committed.

His treating psych dr. and the pharmaceuticals he was taking are connected to this matter, the incident. Insurance defense suits, and suits against Prozac, I am very familiar with.

And as a parent, I would be suing if something like this happened. Where are the civil suits??.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It doesn't mean the info won't be part of sealed court records for liability cases or other maters. But that is completely different than releasing copies to the media.
Are you talking only before a conviction? Because after one, i would want it public info. Freedom of Information Act....

The People have a Right to know the Truth! However I have serious doubts we ever will.

I also think that mass murder calls for another set of LAW whether or not the murder lives. It was well known this was Adam, and had he lived he should have been put down in a PUBLIC display, but some method of death other than lethal injection, as an example.

I think if we can convict a bar tender of serving 1 drink too many to a drunk driver, that we should be able to do the same for doctors, social workers, judges and medical suppliers as well.

That punk kid should have been locked up years ago. The PC should have a price to pay, because the PC drivel leads to insanity. The PC pushed this punk over the edge not gun owners.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Are you talking only before a conviction? Because after one, i would want it public info. Freedom of Information Act....

The People have a Right to know the Truth! However I have serious doubts we ever will.

I also think that mass murder calls for another set of LAW whether or not the murder lives. It was well known this was Adam, and had he lived he should have been put down in a PUBLIC display, but some method of death other than lethal injection, as an example.

I think if we can convict a bar tender of serving 1 drink too many to a drunk driver, that we should be able to do the same for doctors, social workers, judges and medical suppliers as well.

That punk kid should have been locked up years ago. The PC should have a price to pay, because the PC drivel leads to insanity. The PC pushed this punk over the edge not gun owners.
Sealed court records are not available to the public and the courts do not fall under PRA.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:53 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
before it degenerates into another anti-NRA argument, has anyone answered WHY Nancy Lanza purchased all these and what her profession was?

The media has lied and obfuscated EVERY single FACT on this story. First they claimed she was a "kindergarten schoolteacher" at Newtown. Sources found she worked for John Hancock on an executive level.
The ex-husband was connected to GE.

What are the real answers here?

imo this story has proved the standards of US media have declined to info-tainment and unreliable.

I would like to know why a woman felt it was necessary to have this many assault weapons in her relatively upsacle community, with a son who clearly had a mental disability.

And fwiw, NO ONE in the US media has given anyone the true answers.

US media needs to be called to task here, because imo I will no longer trust ANYTHING they report after this .

who cares what her profession was. it isnt anybodies business to snoop into other peoples lives for firearms use just because they work someplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies