Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 11:43 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Here's where you lost me. And blaming every thing on a "PC" nation - well, it just doesn't make sense to me OR consider any 'personal responsibility'. Your demands are meaningless; you are not in a position to 'make demands' of the nation- though I understand your need to control.

A drunk driver killed my brother. Who should I blame?

you should blame the drunk driver, not the bottle nor the vehicle. but in the liberals cases, they would rather lame the firearm than blame the criminal.

start disarming the firearm owning public and see what will happen. many of us took an oath and still honor that oath to this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 11:44 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
OP, label it "evidence " nothing more nothing less at this point. Your overly dramatic label of an "arsenal " shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. And your obvious opinion which differs from mine on the subject. It is certainly nowhere near an arsenal. Why are you trying to deflect the focus from the actual root cause, the deranged killer and placing it on the firearms? You are aware that over 250 million of your fellow Americans have them without any blood shed.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you should blame the drunk driver, not the bottle nor the vehicle. but in the liberals cases, they would rather lame the firearm than blame the criminal.

start disarming the firearm owning public and see what will happen. many of us took an oath and still honor that oath to this day.
You are extremely paranoid. Where did I say anything about disarming? And just who are you threatening anyway? Seriously? I realize that extremists have a limited ability to see beyond their wants but - give it a try.

Of course, I should blame the drunk driver AND his parents - who allowed him the keys. HE SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD ACCESS TO A VEHICLE; he was a known drunk.

IF you can't see that Nancy Lanza's lifestyle and focus on guns was extremely harmful to her son - who then went on to harm many other people - then I don't know what to say. IF she was unable to keep her guns from her son - then she is going to share in the blame. IF there was a gun safe and IF he got access to the keys - she will still share in the responsibility. Not that she cares at this point.

Her lifestyle; her focus on guns - I believe, was detrimental to her son. I imagine quite a lot of things led to his killing spree and we will continue to learn what those were.

I do care that people who own guns act responsibly - it impacts other people.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,611,284 times
Quote:
MY point - it doesn't matter if it was 1 gun or 100. He should not have had access to guns. I could care less about the semantics of an 'arsenal'. Hence the quotation marks the first time around.

Your focus is not on what matters in this instance.
I have indeed found it very amusing how passionately bent out of shape the toters get about what does/does not constitute an 'arsenal'.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:59 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Here's where you lost me. And blaming every thing on a "PC" nation - well, it just doesn't make sense to me OR consider any 'personal responsibility'. Your demands are meaningless; you are not in a position to 'make demands' of the nation- though I understand your need to control.

Did Adam Lanza legally purchase the guns he used? No, he stole them. Should he have been able to? Of coarse not, but how does any of the rest of the arguements for gun control change this outcome? The fact is, it doesn't. You can place all the laws on the books you want and someone of this mental state is still going to access what they want to use by illegal means. You haven't stopped a potential shooter, you have only prevented someone else from potentially stopping him.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:02 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
You are extremely paranoid. Where did I say anything about disarming? And just who are you threatening anyway? Seriously? I realize that extremists have a limited ability to see beyond their wants but - give it a try.

Of course, I should blame the drunk driver AND his parents - who allowed him the keys. HE SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD ACCESS TO A VEHICLE; he was a known drunk.

IF you can't see that Nancy Lanza's lifestyle and focus on guns was extremely harmful to her son - who then went on to harm many other people - then I don't know what to say. IF she was unable to keep her guns from her son - then she is going to share in the blame. IF there was a gun safe and IF he got access to the keys - she will still share in the responsibility. Not that she cares at this point.

Her lifestyle; her focus on guns - I believe, was detrimental to her son. I imagine quite a lot of things led to his killing spree and we will continue to learn what those were.

I do care that people who own guns act responsibly - it impacts other people.

of course you should blame the drunk driver. but lots of liberals would rather blame the firearm when it comes down to murders. it is easier for them to make it so it is an object that is the cause of a crime rather than an individual.

if nancy lanza thought her firearms were harmful to her kid, maybe she should have kicked him out of the home at age 18.

also, I am not being paranoid, just being truthful. as liberals have had plenty of chances to make the gun laws work but they refuse to enforce the ones already on the books.

they just want more and more and more gun control. "all we want is some sensible gun laws"

really? if that was true, then they should have no problem at all in getting rid of all the other gun control laws as they are not sensible at all.

I wont hold my breath waiting for them to repeal all those not sensible gun control laws.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:

How many times was the drunk release and how many times had he lost his lic?

There are 6 time losers out there behind the wheel you know......

If i were King your brother might be alive because the first time that drunk got busted he would never ever have driven again period. I am not big on the PC catch and release system which works of on trout in fly fishing only areas only.

I can demand as well as the wacko PC left.

0 compromise just like 0 tolerance.

I will never budge an inch no matter what the laws change to be. That just isn't going to happen in this or the next life time. Try checking in in about 300 years, maybe by then i will have changed my mind.

If you think paper tiger laws bother me they don't. Why today i banged 2 U turns...

Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:

There was considerable resistance to DWI checkpoints as being illegal searches and unconsitutional, no question that the rate of deaths due to drunken drivers went down after DWI check were instituted and people changed their behavior.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Did Adam Lanza legally purchase the guns he used? No, he stole them. Should he have been able to? Of coarse not, but how does any of the rest of the arguements for gun control change this outcome? The fact is, it doesn't. You can place all the laws on the books you want and someone of this mental state is still going to access what they want to use by illegal means. You haven't stopped a potential shooter, you have only prevented someone else from potentially stopping him.

Maybe, just maybe, if there had been some sort of law which would have held the registered gun owner somewhat responsible legally for leaving their guns accessible to people with any kind of background with mental issues, just maybe Nancy Lanza would have been far more careful and watchful regarding her son and the guns. Maybe.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:48 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
personally I look at it this way. there should not be 1 firearm law on either the states or the feds lawbooks, not 1 law.

why? it has already been proven that neither the insane nor the criminals will ever follow the law. that means that all current gun control laws only effect 1 group of citizens, the already law abiding.

since we as a people already know that the criminals and the insane wont follow the laws, then why are politicians, democrats and even some republicans doing their damndest to disarm the law abiding.

maybe those that dont want firearms in their homes or on their persons just leave the rest of us alone and stay in their gated communities.

I would rather be able to arm myself with the best firearms I can be armed with in order to protect my family and myself, than to be limited by a government who just seeks to make it easier for criminals to rape, rob and murder.
This is true and this us why we should simply not bother with the grabbers. They have 1 agenda and only one.

They will never stop. Nothing is justification enough for them. When there wouid be no guns 0 guns still they will not stop finding something to whine about..

The killing won't stop, and probably the killing will be by govt contract and be much worse.

The grabbers are wrong about who is in fear too, thinking we are. I don't fear a thing man I carry a .45.

You would tell me your name and address if i asked and were coming to visit your state and you know i would to. These grabbers fear sheep and will never tell who or where they are....

In 05 into 06 i crossed the USA 20,000 miles worth and had invites for 3 night stays the whole way across and the whole way back breaking that rule 3 times. Once because my wife came down sick and we were requested to stay longer, once ahead of time because the bike would need service in Cal, and once more where we hit winter in Arkansas.

Before i left I told every last invitee i would be armed with a Kimber CDP Pro II .45. no invitee changed.. And at some places there were notes and keys stating to let ourselves in, and help ourselves to make at home.

I never did that once but would wait in the back yards to rest and sometimes play with pets.

Not one of these grabbers would dare allow me that.

O Tolerance they should understand eh? And so 0 Compromise should be understood as well doncha' think?

Because that is all they will get from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies