Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Burden of proof is on you, bud. Prove it.
Police: Girl Dies After Parents Pray for Healing Instead of Seeking Medical Help

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341574,00.html#ixzz2RQl7QaRj

Faith Healing Scandal: Parents Prayed Instead of Seeking Medical Care as Child Slowly Died
Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/faith-healing-scandal-parents-prayed-instead-of-seeking-medical-care-as-child-slowly-died-56743/#5pejJpR0M5vIEost.99

Quote:
Nobody knows exactly how many children's health problems are exacerbated by a parent's religious beliefs because "the system can only kick in if people become aware that a sick child is not getting care," says Dr. Sara Sinal who co-authored a July 2008 article on religion-based medical neglect in Southern Medical Journal. "It is suspected that many deaths go unreported and unrecognized, particularly in closed communities." Former Christian Scientist Rita Swan, executive director of the nonprofit Children's Health Care Is A Legal Duty, estimates that since the 1980s 300 children have died of "religion-based medical neglect" in the United States. Shawn F. Peters, author of the 2007 book When Prayer Fails: Faith Healing, Children, and the Law calls the situation an unfolding tragedy. "Americans treasure religious liberty and it's one of our bedrock freedoms," says Peters. "Most of us realize that there have to be some limits to such freedoms.
Read more: When Parents Call God Instead of the Doctor - TIME

Cases of Childhood Deaths Due to Parental Religious Objection to Necessary Medical Care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
a similar thing happened in my hometown. they lost one child. after the second child died they were jailed. God gave us knowledge and medicine. I don't understand "Christians" like this.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
I hope you can pocket your hatred for one second, enough time to understand that probably 99.9999% of Christian Fundamentalists do, in fact, seek medical intervention when necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
This type of crap is not as uncommon as some make it out to be. In fact, there are some CD posters that I am sure prescribe to these tenets.

Quote:
Burden of proof is on you, bud. Prove it.
Can you prove your rediculously high % figure is fact? I didn't think so either.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:44 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A couple serving probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor could face new charges now that another son has died.

"Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith healing. They lost their 8-month-old son, Brandon, last week after he suffered from diarrhea and breathing problems for at least a week, and stopped eating. Four years ago, another son died from bacterial pneumonia."*

Children Die After Parents Choose Prayer Over Medicine - YouTube
Cenk is right. putting them in prison will be a big message to other nuts out there. and it will stop them from having more kids.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Can you prove your rediculously high % figure is fact? I didn't think so either.
I already did. If 250 million Americans identify as Christian, and only a handful of cases are identified each year of that happening, I would say my 99.999% figure, is spot on.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM

The madness in action.

Should faith healing be considered legitimate treatment? | The Life Matters Media NewswireThe Life Matters Media Newswire

Old 04-24-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I already did. If 250 million Americans identify as Christian, and only a handful of cases are identified each year of that happening, I would say my 99.999% figure, is spot on.
Focus partner. We're talking about fundamentalist Christians here.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:07 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Focus partner. We're talking about fundamentalist Christians here.
Whatever helps your lousy argument. The fact is, it is 8 times more uncommon than death by lightning strike.

Just because you hate Christians doesn't mean you are right, bud.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
This is why the government needs to take the kids away from any families practicing anything but Atheism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies