Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 11:31 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And now we find out that the collapse of the building in Philadelphia that killed people was caused by a pot-head.
And pill popper. Kind of like Limbaugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 11:37 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Let's compare the deaths related to all drugs and I bet alcohol or either tobacco comes in at #1.

The total tally for deaths from all illegal drugs is usually under 18,000, so alcohol kills nearly twice as many people on the roads alone.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:42 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Let's compare the deaths related to all drugs and I bet alcohol or either tobacco comes in at #1.

The total tally for deaths from all illegal drugs is usually under 18,000, so alcohol kills nearly twice as many people on the roads alone.

and not to mention that alcohol is the biggest gateway drug of them all.. even with all the bad statistics I still would rather see alcohol legal..

Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It doesn't matter what side one takes on the issue of marijuana use, if it is illegal, those who partake in its use where it is proscribed by law have violated those laws and are by definition criminals.
Using your analogy, Washington and Co. illegally started the revolution. I'm not beholding to Dupont and Hearst for making weed illegal simply to improve their own financial gains. People are tired of waging a war on ourselves, thanks. Some laws are unjust, and this is one of them.

I haven't smoked weed in many many years, and I couldn't care less about it. However, I support every persons right to medicate themselves as they see fit. The medicinal virtues of THC/CBD far outway the drawbacks.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
and not to mention that alcohol is the biggest gateway drug of them all.. even with all the bad statistics I still would rather see alcohol legal..
I'm the same way.

I just find it hypocritical for those who drink alcohol to support prohibition of other less dangerous drugs.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:31 PM

Honestly though, how arrogant (or stupid) of those who try to control the lives of others over something so harmless to society.

Sorry Finn, but from what you posted, I'm better fit to run my life then you are. Or the government.

Legal or illegal you will never control my life.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:41 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
mike posted this story in the other mj thread, I guess this little girl would be considered a criminal by fed law

Medicinal marijuana stops seizures, brings hope to a little Black Forest girl

Old 06-09-2013, 01:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm the same way.

I just find it hypocritical for those who drink alcohol to support prohibition of other less dangerous drugs.
It's because they've been fed a bunch of lies by parents, who were fed lies by politicians, who were convinced by bureaucrats who instigated the schemes handed down by corporate interests.

Aslinger was the key bureaucrat who didn't care about the truth in his quest for political power. Hearst and Anslinger were then supported by Dupont chemical company and various pharmaceutical companies in the effort to outlaw cannabis. Dupont had patented nylon, and wanted hemp removed as competition. The pharmaceutical companies could neither identify nor standardize cannabis dosages, and besides, with cannabis, folks could grow their own medicine and not have to purchase it from large companies.

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/...juana-illegal/

We have put millions in jail because of the greed of BIG PHARMA and like-minded corporations and politicians. Hundreds of thousands have been murdered in Central and South America because of this corporate-war on Americans.

We are witnessing the same lie perpetuated over and over again. The latest indoctrinating vision of tyranical leaders is the excuse that "it's for the children." Gun bans, teachers strikes, salt and soda bans, happy meal bans...etc. If they keep saving the children by outlawing and regulating everything we enjoy, and taking away all of our rights in the process; our children will effectively be living lives not really worth living.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-09-2013 at 02:01 PM..

Old 06-09-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
mike posted this story in the other mj thread, I guess this little girl would be considered a criminal by fed law

Medicinal marijuana stops seizures, brings hope to a little Black Forest girl
It has tons of medicinal uses yet the government is telling people to use legal drugs (that will kill you) over a non-lethal remedy that has been used for thousands of years.

Stupidity. If any act is criminal it is that.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It's because they've been fed a bunch of lies by parents, who were fed lies by politicians, who were convinced by bureaucrats who instigated the schemes handed down by corporate interests.

Aslinger was the key bureaucrat who didn't care about the truth in his quest for political power. Hearst and Anslinger were then supported by Dupont chemical company and various pharmaceutical companies in the effort to outlaw cannabis. Dupont had patented nylon, and wanted hemp removed as competition. The pharmaceutical companies could neither identify nor standardize cannabis dosages, and besides, with cannabis, folks could grow their own medicine and not have to purchase it from large companies.

Why is Marijuana Illegal? « Drug WarRant

We have put millions in jail because of the greed of BIG PHARMA and like-minded corporations and politicians. Hundreds of thousands have been murdered in Central and South America because of this corporate-war on Americans.

We are witnessing the same lie perpetuated over and over again. The latest indoctrinating vision of tyranical leaders is the excuse that "it's for the children." Gun bans, teachers strikes, salt and soda bans, happy meal bans...etc. If they keep saving the children by outlawing and regulating everything we enjoy, and taking away all of our rights in the process; our children will effectively be living lives not really worth living.
Great post and I agree with you whole heartedly.

The more I think about the issue the more outraged I get. Over 100,000 people are killed each year due to Big Pharma yet we've got an entire "War" against other drugs which combined kill less than 18,000 people a year.

I mean seriously, who's got more blood on their hands??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies