Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Or chewing other people's faces off.
Too bad they also determined that guy was showing signs of bath salt intoxication - and had a long history of mental illness, not to mention hard drug & alcohol abuse (IIRC). Logic isn't your strong point, is it?

Considering how many people around here smoke pot, one would think we'd ALL be faceless and/or in padded cells by now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 06:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Too bad they also determined that guy was showing signs of bath salt intoxication - and had a long history of mental illness, not to mention hard drug & alcohol abuse (IIRC). Logic isn't your strong point, is it?
No, they did NOT find bath salts in his system. The ONLY thing they found in his system was marijuana. The whole bath salt theory was created by the cops the media speculation before the autopsy. The guy was stoned on pot, and nothing else.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion (outside of current laws)?
well, criminals get caught

Old 05-29-2013, 06:52 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;29774439]No, they did NOT find bath salts in his system. The ONLY thing they found in his system was marijuana. The whole bath salt theory was created by the cops the media speculation before the autopsy. The guy was stoned on pot, and nothing else.[/

Talking to you is like talking to a wall

Old 05-29-2013, 06:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha hughes View Post
Finn, your stats may be true, or they may be bs,i don't know.

what i do know (or believe, anyway) is that they are irrelevant. marijuana leaves people with the risk of mental disorders? so let people decide if they're willing to take the risk! personal responsibility practically demands it
The problem is that MJ has the worst effect on the brains of teenagers, as far as damage goes.

I am all for legalizing MJ - not because I want to smoke it or want others to smoke it, but because I am definitely a libertarian when it comes to drugs, alcohol, etc. BUT WITH ONE CAVEAT - that legal consumption be limited to ADULTS over, say, 20.

Heck, people now are so stuck in extended adolescence, we might ought to bump that age to 26.

J/K.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Talking to you is like talking to a wall
Sorry if I don't buy the lies, and pro-narcotic propaganda, but the face-eating pot head was a local story for me, so I am quite familiar with the details.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:38 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Sorry if I don't buy the lies, and pro-narcotic propaganda, but the face-eating pot head was a local story for me, so I am quite familiar with the details.
And that's honestly your argument? That if pot is legalized people are going to start eating each other.

Well hot damm.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
In my book they are not criminal. Unfortunately my book is not the law so they are criminals. We should legalize all of the recreational drugs and sell them, after suitable quality control, in State owned stores along side hard liquors.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Marijuana addiction hotline: 888 952 6215
Thanks for the chuckle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
"Crimes" are acts which involve a "victim."

"Crimes" are by definition acts which are "illegal," since they involve a "victim."

"Laws" punish "crimes."

The use of marijuana (or any other drug) has no "victim" other than the user.

Therefore, drug usage cannot by definition be "illegal," since no "crime" was committed, and drug users cannot be considered "criminals," since no "crime" was committed.
For sure. I consider a criminal act, oh I don't know...stealing, murder, assault, rape... Someone smoking a doobie? F*** NO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I really don't get it. What the real question is seems to be whether or not you think they should de-criminalize marijuana, right? There are several threads aimed at this "agenda" right now. My personal opinion is that if you are breaking the law, you are a criminal. Do I want them to legalize the use of marijuana? No and I would make my opinion known to those people that could try to make sure that doesn't happen. I don't care about trumped up facts, opinions and polls because they will only say what the person promoting them want them to say.
So you further support the growing Prison Industrial Complex and criminalizing people for what they consume, when no real crime has been committed? Hooray Police State!

Quote:
Except in this case where everyone clearly supports legalization/decriminalization.

I'm personally sick of your types feeling that you can control my life.
We should start a donation fund to get these authoritarian busy body types the HELL out of this country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Correct,
Technically speaking. you have your minor criminals who rip the tags off their mattress and the serious criminals who kill babies.
I'm thinking the pot smoker is more in line with the guy who rips tags off of mattresses than someone committing murder. In other words I ain't gonna get all up an arms over someone smoking a doobie, or ripping a tag off of a mattress.

Quote:
It seems our current culture can't separate the two distinctions. Law is the law even if its unjust. That type of mentality upsets me. Nothing would've ever gotten changed in this country if everybody held that belief.
You are correct. Sometimes you have to fight for what is right. I always say just because it's a law it doesn't make it moral or just. Laws against committing murder, or other violent crimes? Yes. Laws against drug use? No. Not if there is no violent crime involved. That doesn't mean I'm advocating drug use, because other than cannabis, tobacco, and alcohol (beer only), I have no interest in other substances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
If the American people had a lick of common sense, they would have elected either Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, who both pledged to pardon all non-violent drug offenders within their first week of taking office.

Instead they keep electing hypocritical drug warriors (Clinton, W, Obama) who used "illegal" drugs when they were younger, but feel the need to prosecute those who do the same things they did.
I agree. Unfortunately, too many people are brainwashed by playing the voting for the lesser of two evils! I voted for Johnson BTW.

Quote:
I agree with you 100%.

Even with who we have though, I believe there's enough public support to get laws changed as long as people are vocal. Because of the negative wrap that marijuana gets, or because people don't want to be deemed "criminals" they often speak about the subject tongue in cheek.

I think its time for the pro-legalization crowd to start being the loudest group heard.
I think it's coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
So because supposedly ten percent of people who smoke marijuana will be mental cases we should stomp on the freedoms of the other ninety percent? I don't think that is a good policy
It isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This. Anyone you know that is arrested for marijuana crimes, just tell them "demand a jury trial and don't take a deal" while winking at them. This will stop this madness quicker
As I said, if I'm on that jury, I'm saying NOT guilty.

Quote:
Pot actually does cause mental illness. That is a proven fact, and I attached several dozen studies to prove t.

Quote:
Low doses are used to treat anxiety and depression, 2 known mental illnesses, high doses of THC can make some mental illnesses worse.
This makes more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Unless those who support the criminalization marijuana, also support the criminalization of alcohol, just shut up.

Nobody wants your opinion, nobody even wants to entertain your hypocrisy. Just go bury yourself in an episode of Family Guy, and let the rest of the sane adults hammer this one out.
Well said! I too grow tired of the hypocrisy! It's OK to go and get p*** drunk, and act a fool, but it's not OK to wind down with a doobie?

Quote:
I share the same sentiment. There are clearly people holding us back in this country. Me and a friend were talking about the very issue tonight.

The group that is quiet now needs to start getting a lot louder.
Keep hammering on it!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I have a friend with a painful disease that does not respond to any legally available opiates by does to a joint of MJ. Why should he have to risk addiction to a high priced legal drug instead of using cheap home grown marijuana that actually provides relief?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies