Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 06:25 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Hardly a consensus.

It was obvious both West and the prosecutor (di la R...I don't know the correct spelling) were incredibly confused about social media; i.e., tweets, twits, etc. West was frustrated to the core. The other fella was embarrassed to the core when he realized Jenna had sent ZERO tweets.

Unfortunately, people here aren't about to change their minds, in spite of overwhelming evidence. These are the low information voters one hears so much about. Seriously stuck.....
Oh - I just noticed comment after comment about West. So when I watched it, I was surprised. He didn't appear that way to me at all. I concur about BOTH lawyers complete lack of understanding about social media. That's why I say it was the second day of testimony with Rachel that seemed the pivotal one to me. Plus, it finally got us off the texting convo - which did West no favors. Up until the second day, I felt she was pretty credible. It was the part (which was key to the whole case) about what happened when Martin and Zimmerman which was full of inconsistencies.

ETA: I am literally an open book on this case. Other than what I've seen on this thread and in court, I have no other previous information. I'm interested to see how this experiment of mine pans out.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:34 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Well I agree as well. IF YOU BREAK INTO MY HOME, it will not end well for you. I'm also Ok with the "chase the thug down the street and shot him".

But in reality, this is about someone being really PO'd by someone that speaks more than one language.

Stupid people. People that IN MY CLASS, would be su=bjected to my backhand day after day until they bled through their eyes.
LOL ROFLMAO LOL My friend you kill me.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:37 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
LOL Funny indeed.

MOst crackers hate those nigas that hate those crackas.

Both of them hat Hispanics.

WTF is Left?

Yup......they hate dem whities too.

Feel better Tilt?
But we all loves that white hispanic speaking woman Selma.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:43 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Oh - I just noticed comment after comment about West. So when I watched it, I was surprised. He didn't appear that way to me at all. I concur about BOTH lawyers complete lack of understanding about social media. That's why I say it was the second day of testimony with Rachel that seemed the pivotal one to me. Plus, it finally got us off the texting convo - which did West no favors. Up until the second day, I felt she was pretty credible. It was the part (which was key to the whole case) about what happened when Martin and Zimmerman which was full of inconsistencies.

ETA: I am literally an open book on this case. Other than what I've seen on this thread and in court, I have no other previous information. I'm interested to see how this experiment of mine pans out.
Yeah, I understand, but if you're new to this case, what you don't realize yet is that there is a cluster of, uh.....'observers' who post the same thing over and over and over and over, and they jump in like maggots on rotting meat to bolster each other's opinions, which are just that.....opinions, in spite of the so-called legal knowledge they claim to have.

IMO, West was the worst of the bunch to have been the one who drew the short straw to grill DeeDee. I'm sure it was as painful for him as it was for us. The poor guy is as far out of the tech loop as am I, lol. I can't imagine.

I'll admit DeeDee was a great watch, but far, far from credible. I had never seen her before, but I've seen Crump all over TV talking about her. Seriously, Crump fell off the same turnip truck as she, based on what I've seen. He appears to be not much more literate. OMara got him successfully removed from the room because he's on the witness list.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:44 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Then he added how he straddled the body and spread out his arms, but Martin was found face down in the grass with his arms under his body.
If he were still alive when GZ got up, conscious or unconscious, it was probably an almost automatic movement for him to pull his hands back in as soon as they were free. Wouldn't anyone reach for a part of the body that is in pain?

Old 06-28-2013, 06:48 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
3 swings, 3 misses.

The witness was Jenna Lauer, the lawyer was O'Mara, and he didn't bring up gz's past.

Bernie knows it went downhill for the state all week after the knock knock joke. To lift his spirits after the Rachel debacle, he grabbed the 1st chance he had to introduce gz's legal problems from 2005. I don't blame him. A terrific way to turn the tide with 6 woman jurors.
Right, he didn't bring up his "past"..I don't know which defense attorney did it, but I did see the proffer and I'm pretty sure the Judge has not ruled on whether or not the door was opened to bring in Zimmerman's past record.....someone brought up Zimmerman's character/reputation. The "Have you ever known him to be (fill in the blank) goes to reputation/character. THAT opens the door. IIRC, the Court excused the witness subject to recall. Also seems the attorneys were were going to research the law in re that issue, and the hearing outside the jury's presence will be this morning. I could be wrong about the timing of the hearing, but the Court did not rule in re the issue of whether or not Zimmerman's past could come into evidence because of the question or answer by the witness.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If he were still alive when GZ got up, conscious or unconscious, it was probably an almost automatic movement for him to pull his hands back in as soon as they were free. Wouldn't anyone reach for a part of the body that is in pain?
Why don't you wait for the testimony of the Medical Examiner (a forensics expert) to tell us how quickly Trayvon died. I'm guessing that Trayvon died IMMEDIATELY, within maybe 30 seconds, given where the bullet hit and traveled in his body. Only a total idiot would claim he didn't realize Trayvon was dead, therefore jumped on Trayvon's body to hold his hands/arms down. Seems to me that it would be impossible to shoot someone at the close range Zimmerman shot Trayvon and NOT know that you had "hit" him and killed him. That's, IMO, one of the most ridiculous "exaggerations" Zimmerman has told.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 06-28-2013 at 07:25 AM..

Old 06-28-2013, 06:55 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
<<< Yawn >>> <<< Wrong, for the zillionth time>>>

The one who starts a fight can act in self defense, depending on circumstances.
I'd like to see a link to law that supports your statement. You throw the first punch, you are guilty of assualt.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This " Precious" star witness, whats everybodys take on her? I saw the defense going after her and it wasn't pretty. Maybe they lost points for needling her. But her credibility was questionable. But I saw commentators on both sides say some very inflammatory and condescending things about her so she's apparently not popular with anyone. And I'd like to know what the prosecutors said to her to make her change her attitude and demeanor in court. If they got tough with her that's just as bad as the defense needling her.
It's been explained that she had court marshals with her after the first day and before the second began and there was no way for the prosecutors to talk to her about changing her attitude. It's also been explained that she was called to the stand later in the day the first day and the waiting around probably stressed her out. The second day when she was put on the stand early that waiting around wasn't an issue so she was less confrontational. As one court observer said on CNN it's quite common to see a difference in demeanor when a witness is held over for two days. The witness has been there, done that and knows what to expect and knows they can handle it so they settle down.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yeah, I understand, but if you're new to this case, what you don't realize yet is that there is a cluster of, uh.....'observers' who post the same thing over and over and over and over, and they jump in like maggots on rotting meat to bolster each other's opinions, which are just that.....opinions, in spite of the so-called legal knowledge they claim to have.
I continue to wonder why you appear to be so jealous and hostile toward the members of this board who do have legal knowledge and experience. There are several who are obviously knowledgeable and experienced working in the justice system, as well as some lawyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies