Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 05:11 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
It suits my business needs to 'marry' one of my business partners , but I am a hetero.

Would this be possible to do, or would I have to prove my orientation status somehow?
If same sex marriage is upheld by SCOTUS then there will be millions of such "marriages" for benefits. The gays will have killed the system.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Do heterosexual couples need to prove their orientation? No? Then that's your answer right there.
I agree with you: first of all who would even think about something like this and secondly same sex means that: same sex, you could marry your best friend if same sex marriage were legal.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:31 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
If same sex marriage is upheld by SCOTUS then there will be millions of such "marriages" for benefits. The gays will have killed the system.
"Oh noes! Teh gays!!!"

Old 06-26-2013, 05:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
so I can just go ahead and get 'married' for fraudelent puposes then, way to go!

Sham
What are you talking about? Of course, if it is legal you are not marrying for fraudulent purposes. Same sex, doesn't say "gays only"...You don't even have to have a traditional wedding ceremony with traditional vows. A lot of couples choose to write their own vows. So, why do you say fraudulent?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:15 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
You should probably read up on some history and acquire some knowledge on a subject before you go spouting off about it and looking completely ignorant of what you are talking about.

I hope you can overcome your bigotry.

Because the fact is, precluding consensual adult couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of discrimination and bigotry.
Just because you say that's a bigoted post doesn't make it so. I agree 100% with it.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:17 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post

1) You don't really know what SCOTUS is deciding (or not deciding) today, are you? The likelihood of a sweeping, "gay marriage is legal everywhere" decision is very small.

2) If a straight dude wants to marry for "benefits" with another dude, that's none of your business. Pretty shortsighted if he ever wants to get married to a woman, have a family, etc.

But, if he claims he never wants to marry a woman and tells all his family and friends he only married his "best friend and roommate of 10 years" just because the "benefits".... chances are it's a legit marriage!

Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Just because you say that's a bigoted post doesn't make it so. I agree 100% with it.
There IS no reason to oppose same sex marriage or be offended or disgusted by homosexuality that doesnt arise from fear, hate, ignorance, bigotry, or some combination of those things. Not one.

To preclude adult, consensual couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of bigotry and discrimination.

And PS-- that poster couldn't have been more wrong about what has constituted marriage around the globe and across time.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:22 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I think gay marriage will be legal eventually in all 50 states and there will be straight people marrying members of the same sex for the tax benefits. The result will be all of us will lose those benefits. So congrats on your big accomplishment, you just hurt the American family again.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
I think gay marriage will be legal eventually in all 50 states and there will be straight people marrying members of the same sex for the tax benefits. The result will be all of us will lose those benefits. So congrats on your big accomplishment, you just hurt the American family again.
People said this exact same crapola about interracial marriage.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:24 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
I think gay marriage will be legal eventually in all 50 states and there will be straight people marrying members of the same sex for the tax benefits. The result will be all of us will lose those benefits.

Wow, did it hurt when you pulled your "cause and effects" conclusion right out of your rear-end like that? Or is your opinion well-lubed with enough ignorance that it just slid right on out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger
So congrats on your big accomplishment, you just hurt the American family again.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies