Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:27 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffis View Post
people said this exact same crapola about interracial marriage.
bs

Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think gay marriage will be legal eventually in all 50 states and there will be straight people marrying members of the same sex for the tax benefits. The result will be all of us will lose those benefits. So congrats on your big accomplishment, you just hurt the American family again.
I am part of an American family. Why do you think that your family is more deserving of protection than mine?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:51 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think gay marriage will be legal eventually in all 50 states and there will be straight people marrying members of the same sex for the tax benefits. The result will be all of us will lose those benefits. So congrats on your big accomplishment, you just hurt the American family again.
Not just tax benefits. The big one is spousal and survivor benefits under Social Security. The system is seriously strained as it is. There is also dependent insurance coverage, military and government retirement benefits, and on and on. Millions will jump on this scam and derail the whole thing for everybody.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Not just tax benefits. The big one is spousal and survivor benefits under Social Security. The system is seriously strained as it is. There is also dependent insurance coverage, military and government retirement benefits, and on and on. Millions will jump on this scam and derail the whole thing for everybody.
I pay taxes to support your family, and spouse, yet have no access to the benefits I am paying for.

Maybe all of us homosexuals should start taking advantage of the welfare programs, since you don't want us to be treated equally. My family legally has 2 single mothers, there are tons of programs that we could both be enrolled in, but aren't. I don't work outside the home, so I have no income. If I didn't claim my partners income, I could get all kinds of assistance. I happen to be too honest to do this, and claim her income even though legally I don't have to.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:05 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
There shouldn't be special benefits for married couples in the first place. We are a nation of the individual, and all individuals should be treated equally under the law.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:07 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
There shouldn't be special benefits for married couples in the first place. We are a nation of the individual, and all individuals should be treated equally under the law.
That's where it's headed. Too bad for stay at home mothers that sacrificed their working years to raise children and then their husband dies and they have no survivor benefit to live on.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,291,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I pay taxes to support your family, and spouse, yet have no access to the benefits I am paying for.

Maybe all of us homosexuals should start taking advantage of the welfare programs, since you don't want us to be treated equally. My family legally has 2 single mothers, there are tons of programs that we could both be enrolled in, but aren't. I don't work outside the home, so I have no income. If I didn't claim my partners income, I could get all kinds of assistance. I happen to be too honest to do this, and claim her income even though legally I don't have to.
By all means you should go on welfare. Doing so would evidently fit your lifestyle and world view perfectly, and bolster your credentials as a liberal Democrat.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
It suits my business needs to 'marry' one of my business partners , but I am a hetero.

Would this be possible to do, or would I have to prove my orientation status somehow?
With all your sexual content topics its obvious you have issues, why not just simplify your life and come out of the closet.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:17 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Kenneth, why not marry the dude? Besides the business advantage it might improve your sex life!
Ha ha!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
By all means you should go on welfare. Doing so would evidently fit your lifestyle and world view perfectly, and bolster your credentials as a liberal Democrat.
I have never used any assistance program, so that goes to show you that you know nothing about me. I simply want to be treated equally under the laws of this country, and be afforded the same rights, and protections as any other American citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies