Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 10:45 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Even if he didn't commit the burglary he was guilty of possessing stolen property. The fact that he also had a burglary tool in his possession at the same time lends credence to him being the burglar.

That "burglary tool" was a flat-head screwdriver; I suppose everyone who carries one is a burglar.
That's a disquieting idea for carpenters, I'd imagine.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:46 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You're right. Just because they were in Trayvons backpack along with a flat blade screwdriver doesn't mean he stole them.

I used to tell my Mom... "It's not mine, I'm just holding it for a friend"

No mother has ever bought that story.
Didn't the police check the jewelry, found the jewelry to no match any descriptions of stolen property, and returned it to the Martin's? That is what I recalled reading from the Miami-Herald.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:47 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Yes it does. I'm sure GZ is up there with the Kennedy's when it comes to affording the best.
He hasn't done bad. Money keeps coming in and living on $12,000 a month is pretty impressive considering he probably only made a little more than that a year.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:48 AM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
That "burglary tool" was a flat-head screwdriver; I suppose everyone who carries one is a burglar.
Cops do arrest people for having "Burglery Tools"

... and Trayvon was no Carpenter.

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Quote:
You're right. Just because they were in Trayvons backpack along with a flat blade screwdriver doesn't mean he stole them.

I used to tell my Mom... "It's not mine, I'm just holding it for a friend"

No mother has ever bought that story.
There is no evidence that Trayvon was committing a crime, or intending to commit a crime on the night in question. You can't follow someone and shoot them to death because of what you think they might do.

And George had no knowledge of screwdriver in Trayvon's backpack in Miami.

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times
Quote:
Most carpenters carry a whole set of tools, most of which would not be considered a burglary tool. What other tool did Trayvon carry? Oh, yeah. A lighter.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:49 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,037,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
When it was all over... the soft, fat, wimp was alive, not the other guy.
But for the fact that Zim's pistol gave him....ahem - courage.....there would be two of them alive.

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:

Especially carpenters with several pieces of stolen jewelry on them at the same time.

Do you have any evidence that Trayvon worked as a carpenter?

17,427 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Not much, because the facts remain that Zimmerman, an armed man 11 years Trayvon's senior, followed Trayvon, a boy who was doing nothing wrong, he followed him in his car and foot, on a dark and rainy night, in a menacing, threatening manner, had at least three opportunities to identify himself as neighborhood watch, provoked a fight, and then instead of defending himself with equal force, i.e. using his body to defend himself, he resorted to lethal force to fend off an unarmed boy.

I don't care who punched who first or that he was losing the fight, he brought on the incident with his actions, and an innocent teenager lost his life as a result. There is no way Trayvon would have tangled with Zimmerman or died that night without Zimmerman initiating this whole thing, and resorting to deadly force.

Also, no matter all these ifs, and could haves, there is no evidence that this beating was life-threatening or that Trayvon would ever have killed George. Trayvon was not a cold-blooded murderer. It's all could haves, and going on the racist presumption that every black teenage boy could be a killer. The expert was very careful and well-rehearsed. When they asked about head injury. He kept saying a severe head injury could result in concussion etc. He never said that Zimmerman's head or face injuries were severe. A fractured nose is not a severe injury.

The physician's assistant who actually saw Zimmerman and assessed his real symptoms, not could-haves, never said in her report that Zimmerman had severe injuries.
And there's the difference between you & I ... I would change my opinion if the evidence pointed a different way.

You would not.

Thanks.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:50 AM

226 posts, read 230,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
What other tool did Trayvon carry? Oh, yeah. A lighter.
No doubt for smoking dope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies