Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 10:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The poster I was replying to stated this:

So, your point is? Perhaps you could answer the question I posed. Why do you think the MSM has been so reluctant to publish this relevant fact?
My point is the jewelry did not come from a burglary in Sanford. I actually was aware of most of the information in that link, and I am not a reader of that particular rag, so I don't think it was being withheld by the MSM.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:52 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you believe that's a great reason to lie, it blows away Trayvons Mother and Brother testimony.

And that's all that testified in his behalf on the screams.
I also question this witnesses statement that he never listened to the 911 tape. Defense lawyers generally know the answers to everything before they ask the questions.
The witness also shows some signs of PTSD....his emotions are enhanced because of this. Doesn't automatically make him more credible than Trayvon's Mom imo
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) | Veterans

Does anyone else find George's stoic affect....considering the other emotions to be strange....

Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So, your point is? Perhaps you could answer the question I posed. Why do you think the MSM has been so reluctant to publish this relevant fact?
I don't know. I don't have t.v. and all the news I get is from the internet - specific programs I watch and following links in threads such as these - and I have heard and read about it. So, I'm not sure what you mean by MSM.

If you think that the jewelry issue has been ignored, perhaps it is because Trayvon was never charged with a crime. Nor has there been any evidence presented that Trayvon was doing anything but walking home from the 7-11 that night - no burglary tools were found on him, no pry tool (as someone tried to claim yesterday).

Perhaps the MSM has ignored the jewelry because it has no bearing on the case?

Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Totally disagree that it "nails down" who was screaming. These people are George's FRIENDS, and it was more than obvious they were biased, and some certainly came across as not being credible in their identification of the screams precisely because of their very positive bias toward George.

I also totally disagree with you regarding the State's case. Btw, there's still rebuttal in the future. I'm guessing that maybe the juror from Chicago who just moved to Sanford with the 8 children may not find this "demographic" of witnesses all that believable. I found them all to be trying too hard to "protect" George, especially the woman who kept INSISTING that the recording of George, first making a very audible exasperated sigh, before speaking his very descriptive words about who he "thought" was "getting away" were just non-emotional, matter-of-fact comments.
She was moving to get away from this type of violence. Wonder if her kids have ever been targeted by "Joe Citizen"?

Old 07-08-2013, 10:58 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you believe that's a great reason to lie, it blows away Trayvons Mother and Brother testimony.

And that's all that testified in his behalf on the screams.
Two other people testified it was tm screaming. Rachel and the ear witness who 'knew' it was tm because the scream was high-pitched.

I follow why you may not want to count them, but they did testify.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I also question this witnesses statement that he never listened to the 911 tape. Defense lawyers generally know the answers to everything before they ask the questions.
The witness also shows some signs of PTSD....his emotions are enhanced because of this. Doesn't automatically make him more credible than Trayvon's Mom imo
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) | Veterans

Does anyone else find George's stoic affect....considering the other emotions to be strange....
IMO...GZ's defense team instructed him to remain non-emotional at all times to prevent the jury from viewing him as emotional and someone that might become enraged or overly reactionary. From his past anger motivated encounters, we can assume that he is quiete capable of over-reaction, so understandably, the defense would rather him sit there like a piece of wood.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
IMO...GZ's defense team instructed him to remain non-emotional at all times to prevent the jury from viewing him as emotional and someone that might become enraged or overly reactionary. From his past anger motivated encounters, we can assume that he is quiete capable of over-reaction, so understandably, the defense would rather him sit there like a piece of wood.
It wouldn't shock me if he also has some help from a legal prescription to keep him mellow. Being on trial for murder would stress anyone---guilty or innocent.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:11 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It wouldn't shock me if he also has some help from a legal prescription to keep him mellow. Being on trial for murder would stress anyone---guilty or innocent.
I agree. Especially if there is no intention or chance they will ever call him to the witness stand.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:13 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Actually, I have seen him crack a smile - once.

It was after they showed a video tape - I can't remember which one, perhaps his re-enactment - and when the lights came back on in the courtroom, the camera was on him briefly and he had a big smile on his face.

I commented on it here at the time but nobody else mentioned seeing it.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:13 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBlazer View Post
List of defense witnesses (or prosecution witnesses that flipped): Jag Officer, SPD Detective(s), Court Bailiff (uncle), Air Marshall, Mother, etc..

States witnesses: Ms. Diamond Dee-Dee (19 yr old about to be a HS senior) and his mother and cousin
Ms. Lauer and Mr. Good. Big time prosecution flips for the defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies