Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,663,580 times

Advertisements

No one wants to talk about Bernie's fancy circa 2005 computer graphics?

Old 07-11-2013, 03:10 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's a shame you cared so little for the neighbor, who's window he was crouching under, that you couldn't be bothered to follow, observe and report his location to the police. I do hope your neighbor wasn't hurt and that anything stolen was replacable.
The guy saw me watching and ran. I ran up to a neighbour who was by his car, and told him to call the police.

I actually saw the same thing twice, once in my own complex, and once in another. I'm a runner and at that time had a dog, so I was outside frequently. I contacted the police both times, and gave them the exact locations.

Last edited by ellemint; 07-11-2013 at 03:19 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I agree. The most upsetting thing about this whole case for me is how folks are making a mockery of Trayvon's death. No matter how you feel about what happened that night or whether or not you feel Zimmerman is being railroaded, there's no need to attack Trayvon, Rachel Jeantel and/or his parents.

There's no need to make light of his death. He was not a pedophile, mass murderer and/or depraved person. He was a teen with behavioral issues (not a foreign concept with teens), who was killed. No matter the hows and whys, this is a death to be mourned, not mocked.

But I agree with you, those who wish to think ill of black people won't be moved. And while I also hope there are no riots, perhaps the buffoons rioting will collide with the buffoon racists and we can eradicate both from this world.
I don't think he even had significant behavioral issues, he was an average student, he got A's and B's in school, he was looking at SAT training and scoping out colleges, he was going to Aviation School part-time, he babysat his cousins and baked them cookies. His parents were college-educated, his brother was in college, and he apparently had every intention of going to college.

He had been suspended from school three times for reasons totally unrelated to violence or aggression. He smoked weed, and talked tough on social media ---something a lot of teenage males do.

People want to portray him as a thug, or future criminal. Truth is, he wasn't.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:17 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't think he even had significant behavioral issues, he was an average student, he got A's and B's in school, he was looking at SAT training and scoping out colleges, he was going to Aviation School part-time, he babysat his cousins and baked them cookies. His parents were college-educated, his brother was in college, and he apparently had every intention of going to college.

He had been suspended from school three times for reasons totally unrelated to violence or aggression. He smoked weed, and talked tough on social media ---something a lot of teenage males do.

People want to portray him as a thug, or future criminal. Truth is, he wasn't.

You're right. Some evidence points to him being a current criminal, not a future one.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:24 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
The guy saw me watching and ran. I ran up to a neighbour who was by his car, and told him to call the police.

I actually saw the same thing twice, once in my own complex, and once in another. I'm a runner and at that time had a dog, so I was outside frequently. I contacted the police both times, and gave them the exact locations.
Wuss!

Doesn't sound like you've got much of a trophy collection.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:24 PM

[quote=shiftymh;30437285]You're right. Some evidence points to him being a current criminal, not a future one.[/QUOTE

Very weak evidence; Trayvon had no criminal history, no charges, nothing, no history of violence, no history of assaults. Good grades, I posted quotes from his teacher last night, and she said he got A's and B's and was never a problem in class.

But Georgie? A different story.

Zimmerman had felony assault charges, and domestic violence charges. And they were not dropped. He pleaded guilty and had the assault charges reduced to misdemeanors as long as he completed court-mandated Anger Management classes. The domestic violence charges were resolved in that both his ex-fiance and he had a court-mandated restraining order put on them, acknowledging that both of them were culpable and guilty, not that neither was guilty.

And Zimmerman's grades were in the toilet. I posted his grades last night.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No one wants to talk about Bernie's fancy circa 2005 computer graphics?
He was just crying poor mouth to get more sympathy.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:25 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:

Thank you for that. You done good, I'd have done the same.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I wonder what Metro Mall cop Darien Long thinks about the trial.
We should ask him.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:33 PM

[quote=ellemint;30437378]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
You're right. Some evidence points to him being a current criminal, not a future one.[/QUOTE

Very weak evidence; Trayvon had no criminal history, no charges, nothing, no history of violence, no history of assaults. Good grades, I posted quotes from his teacher last night, and she said he got A's and B's and was never a problem in class.

But Georgie? A different story.

Zimmerman had felony assault charges, and domestic violence charges. And they were not dropped. He pleaded guilty and had the assault charges reduced to misdemeanors as long as he completed court-mandated Anger Management classes. The domestic violence charges were resolved in that both his ex-fiance and he had a court-mandated restraining order put on them, acknowledging that both of them were culpable and guilty, not that neither was guilty.

And Zimmerman's grades were in the toilet. I posted his grades last night.
Only one way left to vindicate his past . . .

Accomplish something great!

Super Cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies