Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 11:11 PM

262 posts, read 651,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
The non-PC yet non-racist answer: culture.

The crime rate among African born blacks is low while American born blacks is high. African born blacks have the same DNA as American blacks and are even blacker, having very little to no European or Native American DNA. So, if it was a casual thing, African blacks would be just as bad as black Americans if not worse.

Blacks have this criminal, ghetto subculture they celebrate and embrace as being the authentic black American culture. The result are the issues you see in many black Americans. Good news is cultures do change over time. Once upon a time Boston was the most conservative, puritan place in America...not so any longer.

I agree, to a small extent

African Americans have little history before coming to America. The urge to be part of a group and belong is strong. African Americans who do not embrace the negative aspects, or what most consider negative, of culture, are criticized and viewed as "trying to act white".

Has to be more than this explanation though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
So now that the trial is over the forum returns to its nonstop obsession with black people.
How many black on black crimes are gonna pop up tonight? You really wanna talk about it...find an organization in your local area that focuses on addressing this issue.
Local organizations?? Like I said before, many local organizations are within higher crime ridden areas. Does that help much?

It's always good to ask questions.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:30 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
Yeah, but other racial groups face this and it doesn't turn into this.

Lack of education? Are you kidding me? A large portion of America, regardless of race, seems to be uneducated.

Bad parenting/single parent household? Seen this in other races. Sure, I definitely think it contributes, but not to the point where you are killing another person.

Poverty-- Isn't this American government trying to combat this by specific programs such as welfare? Poverty is also widespread, not necessarily racially targeted. YET, poverty does have more of a correlation to African Americans based on the American history. Such as not accumulating wealth like other groups. based on past housing laws. So, yes this could contribute.
Yes but when you grow up in a household where all 3 are prevalent then chances are you will become of the statistics.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Yes but when you grow up in a household where all 3 are prevalent then chances are you will become of the statistics.
Very true. Thank you.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:41 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Local organizations?? Like I said before, many local organizations are within higher crime ridden areas. Does that help much?

It's always good to ask questions.
No its not always good to ask questions. It depends on the intent of your question. From the threads you've created it seems that your intent is to create threads that will generate negative comments about black people, i.e. posting a fake youtube video that proclaims its a riot in Miami when a quick google search proved it was footage from the stanley cup riots....but of course you didn't search because you didn't really wanna know the answer; just like you really don't know the answer now but I'll give you one anyway....

Well DUH the local organizations are going to be in crime ridden areas. What good does it do to have an organization focus on preventing black on black crime if there is no black on black crime there?

The local organizations are only as useful as the people involved and their intentions. The one in my local area has set up safe zones where people can turn in guns no questions asked. They work with local churches hosting teen lock-ins and dances and movie nights to try to keep kids off the streets. They offer after school tutoring & mentoring with black professionals. It hasn't solved every problem but some parents have reported its helping.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:45 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,861,004 times
Crack cocain

Old 07-13-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
No its not always good to ask questions. It depends on the intent of your question. From the threads you've created it seems that your intent is to create threads that will generate negative comments about black people, i.e. posting a fake youtube video that proclaims its a riot in Miami when a quick google search proved it was footage from the stanley cup riots....but of course you didn't search because you didn't really wanna know the answer; just like you really don't know the answer now but I'll give you one anyway....

Well DUH the local organizations are going to be in crime ridden areas. What good does it do to have an organization focus on preventing black on black crime if there is no black on black crime there?

The local organizations are only as useful as the people involved and their intentions. The one in my local area has set up safe zones where people can turn in guns no questions asked. They work with local churches hosting teen lock-ins and dances and movie nights to try to keep kids off the streets. They offer after school tutoring & mentoring with black professionals. It hasn't solved every problem but some parents have reported its helping.
First of all, I NEVER CREATED a post which shows a fake youtube video. Let's get that straight. No, If you look at my other posts I am defending black people. You don't know me by the way. So, don't assume certain things about me.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:53 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Want something for nothing, entitlement, if they have no job then they have too much time on their hands. Happens with all races.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:54 PM

Moderator, can you close this thread down? I don't want to come across as racist or give people a bad name. My intention was to make people think before they jump to conclusions. People always seem to say something racially related when they see things they don't like among a specific person or group of people. I wanted people to think before it happened again.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:00 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
First of all, I NEVER CREATED a post which shows a fake youtube video. Let's get that straight. No, If you look at my other posts I am defending black people. You don't know me by the way. So, don't assume certain things about me.
Oh I apologize that must have been another Beilua Rose in the "riots in downtown Miami" thread that has since been deleted. My bad...your screen names are so similar. You're right I don't know you, but what exactly are you defending black people from? Kryptonite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies