Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 01:28 AM

262 posts, read 651,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Good...I wasn't trying to be witty.

I found your comment "they know nothing about the case. They just riot to riot" offensive. I questioned it. You said that's not what you meant. Okay fine. You started a racial thread on a website that rarely has anything positive to say about black people. I questioned it. You said that wasn't your intent. Okay fine.

Why you thought my goal was to be witty I'm not sure...why you're STILL talking about me even after I stopped responding to your private messages I'm not sure. Please don't feel obligated to subtly defend me.
I never asked a question on private messaging except for the very first message. You still replied. The last message I sent to you wasn't meant to have a response. "they know nothing about the cadse. They just riot to riot" was not meant to be offensive and you TAKING it as a racially related comment is offensive. In the post that was deleted I said they are kids! Geeze, for some reason I thought kids could be of any race, not one specific race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 01:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I said please and thank you. I don't appreciate racism on this thread and I ASKED for there to be none in the title. Maybe people thought I was being sarcastic. Who knows, a few people on this thread seem to know my whole life story based on a few comments. Funny.
What are you talking about... a few people on this thread seem to know your whole life story? You should go back and read.

And the truth you don't like. Why doesn't the media report black on black crime like they were all over the zimmerman trial. Because it is not politically decisive and advantageous. A damn shame but it is what it is. Maybe once we have a decent media they will call more attention to it and the country will start paying attention and do something about it.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:30 AM

348 posts, read 336,884 times
High Testosterone, thug culture, and poverty.

Some would also say, a culture of victimhood...
where The Man is held to blame for things that the individual can and should control.

For instance, I found this interview:

"GQ:If you had one thing to say to African-American readers of GQ, what would you say?

Denzel:
Take responsibility. One of the things that saddens me the most about 'my people' is fathers that don't take care of their sons and daughters. And you can't blame that on The Man or getting frisked. Take responsibility. Look in the mirror and say, "What can I do better?" There is opportunity; you can make it. Whatever it is that you choose, be the best at it. You have an African-American president. You can do it. But take responsibility. Put your slippers way under your bed so when you get up in the morning, you have to get on your knees to find them. And while you're down there, start your day with prayer. Ask for wisdom. Ask for understanding. I'm not telling you what religion to be, but work on your spirit. You know, mind, body, and spirit. Imagine—work the brain muscle. Keep the body in tune—it's your temple. All things in moderation. Continue to search. That's the best part of life for me—continue to try to be the best man.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
I never asked a question on private messaging except for the very first message. You still replied. The last message I sent to you wasn't meant to have a response. "they know nothing about the cadse. They just riot to riot" was not meant to be offensive and you TAKING it as a racially related comment is offensive. In the post that was deleted I said they are kids! Geeze, for some reason I thought kids could be of any race, not one specific race.
Sounds like someone has a chocolate chip on their shoulder.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:34 AM

262 posts, read 651,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
Sounds like someone has a chocolate chip on their shoulder.

You are absolutely disgusting.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:37 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
The fact that you felt the need to send me a private message in the first place to defend yourself for something I never said you were is odd to begin with. You said "they riot just to riot" in a thread that started with "black people already rioting in miami" but you didn't think that "they" would be perceived as referring to the black people in the OP?

See usually when the first paragraph starts with "the dogs are outside" and the next paragraph says "they like to run" its assummed that you're still talking about the dogs...not the dogs, cats, lions, tigers & bears.

Last edited by nat_at772; 07-14-2013 at 02:21 AM..

Old 07-14-2013, 01:40 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
My intentions for this post was to make people think before they pass judgements amongst another person. Many people automatically use a person's race as a scapegoat. The reason I came up with the "Black on black" post was because of previous posts I had seen from other people. I've seen comments that say, "Why can't the media focus on the hundreds of black people who are getting killed by other black people each year?" So, I was trying to come across as naive and ask a question. Of course there are several factors that have to do with violent behavor. My apologies if I offended anyone.

There's still substantial racial segregation in this country, especially among the underclass, who are heavily concentrated in underclass neighborhoods and who drive crime rates. Blacks, and especially the underclass, have substantially lower marriage rates than other demographic groups, as well as a younger population, due to higher birth and death rates than other groups. The obvious result of this is a black population with a staggering proportion of young single males (e.g. 16-34). Conservative author George Gilder (Wealth and Poverty, 1984) noted that crime rates are correlated more strongly with the "young single male" (YSM) population than with any other known variable. Gangs also drive crime, and of course it's the YSM underclass that drives gang activity. Racial and underclass segregation naturally provides the perps with a conveniently located population of black victims.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
You are absolutely disgusting.
Truth hurts I guess. Some minority groups walk around with a chip on their shoulder.
Or, do you just not like chocolate?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:50 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you refuse to answer or debate and tell me where you believe I am wrong. Instead you make a claim and I am supposed to agree. uh huh.

So why don't the gov coffers have enough money to do both? Not enough tax payers or is it Obama's thinking... tax the sh*t out of the workers and drive them away?

So why is it they need a prison?
I'm not getting into a debate w/ someone who's fool-headed enough to believe that there are more people on welfare than there are taxpayers. If you can't see how, on its face, that is a ridiculous statement, then I'm not going to waste time discussing more nuanced things. Or you could do a quick search comparing tax payers to welfare recipients. It's a lost cause, and you wouldn't understand.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:16 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Short answer: the drug war. Legalizing drugs would see an end to lots of the violence in inner cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies