Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 07:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Drugs, gangs and high density living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 08:54 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
My intentions for this post was to make people think before they pass judgements amongst another person. Many people automatically use a person's race as a scapegoat. The reason I came up with the "Black on black" post was because of previous posts I had seen from other people. I've seen comments that say, "Why can't the media focus on the hundreds of black people who are getting killed by other black people each year?" So, I was trying to come across as naive and ask a question. Of course there are several factors that have to do with violent behavor. My apologies if I offended anyone.
Fatherless families without a male role model to teach discipline and respect. Poor economic conditions even though many groups of people in America have thrived under the same conditions after a generation or two.

We can thank the welfare system for the disaster that has happened to the black community. Another "victory" for the liberal idiots who are dismantling the America I used to know.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:55 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,134,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
black on black crime isnt news because they actually get arrested and go to jail.
Actually there is some evidence that cops tend to ignore black on black crime especially if they happen within segregated communities like North St. Louis/East St. Louis and that very few of the perpetrators of the crime are ever prosecuted.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:30 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Simple.... Too cool for school!

How do they make a living? Professional takers?

Old 07-14-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
John Ogbu believed that much of the issues of the black culture came from being involuntary immigrants to this nation as opposed to voluntary. Once that negativity became part of the black subculture it has maintained. Current black immigrants do better because they are voluntary immigrants who embrace the greater American culture, however, within three generations their decedents with assimilate into the smaller black subculture and have the same issues.

http://faculty.washington.edu/rsoder...nvoluntary.pdf

They're dead, Jim.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:34 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
The non-PC yet non-racist answer: culture.

The crime rate among African born blacks is low while American born blacks is high. African born blacks have the same DNA as American blacks and are even blacker, having very little to no European or Native American DNA. So, if it was a casual thing, African blacks would be just as bad as black Americans if not worse.

Blacks have this criminal, ghetto subculture they celebrate and embrace as being the authentic black American culture. The result are the issues you see in many black Americans. Good news is cultures do change over time. Once upon a time Boston was the most conservative, puritan place in America...not so any longer.
vp: not all "Black" American dudes and ladies play the ghetto game tho still too many in 2013 try to "keep it real" which can be a short road to the cemetery.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The federal government has passed law after law hat has disproportionately hurt black people. Particularly black males. They have effectively eliminated black males from the legal workforce so the kids turn to selling drugs and stuff to make money.

There are millions of opportunities in the illegal workforce; ask an undocumented immigrant. No need to sell drugs and stuff.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:42 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
There's still substantial racial segregation in this country, especially among the underclass, who are heavily concentrated in underclass neighborhoods and who drive crime rates. Blacks, and especially the underclass, have substantially lower marriage rates than other demographic groups, as well as a younger population, due to higher birth and death rates than other groups. The obvious result of this is a black population with a staggering proportion of young single males (e.g. 16-34).

Conservative author George Gilder (Wealth and Poverty, 1984) noted that crime rates are correlated more strongly with the "young single male" (YSM) population than with any other known variable. Gangs also drive crime, and of course it's the YSM underclass that drives gang activity. Racial and underclass segregation naturally provides the perps with a conveniently located population of black victims.
Interesting. I tend to agree, the gang may 'replace' father-figure (male) acceptance. And welfare, often for the female, may oust a male provider.

Why doesn't the question (of black/black crime) often include the term 'male'? Because it's obvious? Or, is it sexist to say it?

And, why isn't "NOW" more involved on the female/welfare side of this? Or, is NOW quietly at work?
"The purpose of NOW is to take action to bring women into full participation in the mainstream of American society now, exercising all the privileges and responsibilities thereof in truly equal partnership with men." The National Organization for Women's 1966 Statement of Purpose

The American Indian is often 'segregated', and sometimes seemingly stagnated (in reservation areas) - yet I don't believe there are similar crime rates, etc.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:43 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
They're dead, Jim.
Haha. I need one of those blurbs that says I am on an auto-correct phone.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The federal government has passed law after law hat has disproportionately hurt black people. Particularly black males. They have effectively eliminated black males from the legal workforce so the kids turn to selling drugs and stuff to make money.
That's true.

There is no place easier to find drugs than in the inner cities. The government allows foreign cartels to bring in tons of terrible drugs every day across the southern border -- they recently had a special on television showing how the Sinaloa cartel targets Chicago and some other inner city people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies