Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 01:06 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,047,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
John Ogbu believed that much of the issues of the black culture came from being involuntary immigrants to this nation as opposed to voluntary. Once that negativity became part of the black subculture it has maintained. Current black immigrants do better because they are voluntary immigrants who embrace the greater American culture, however, within three generations their decedents with assimilate into the smaller black subculture and have the same issues.

http://faculty.washington.edu/rsoder...nvoluntary.pdf
Can't argue with the bolded above.

There is definitely a cultural problem which has to be addressed.

This is why I was in support of Dr. Ben Carson when he was appearing on the rupert network, even though I'm not a fan of that station nor party.

I'm glad Dr. Carson gave a nod as well to Bobby Jingle & Marco Rubio when he was on Hannity.

So even though I have been very critical of that station, I understand the importance of visibly showing Americans of color as being an integral part of the business savvy & professional class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 01:12 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,972 times
Black on black crime is high because they are fighting over turf or illegal activity and cannot or will not ask the police for help. The same applies to the mob.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:22 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
I sometimes think black people are genetically predisposed to anti social behavior. There is no African majority place on this whole earth that is not plagued by crime.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I sometimes think black people are genetically predisposed to anti social behavior. There is no African majority place on this whole earth that is not plagued by crime.
I can't believe you had the audacity to type this. Do you have an idea of the absolute horrors white men have inflicted upon people the world over? Even its own people?

Why is Africa in such a sad state? Could colonization (at the hands of white men) have a part in this?

Last edited by ChocLot; 07-15-2013 at 02:40 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I can't believe you had the audacity to type this. Do you have an idea of the absolute horrors white men have inflicted upon people the world over? Even it's own people?

Why is Africa in such a sad state? Could colonization (at the hands of white men) have a part in this?
Highly doubt it. There are dozens of developed countries today that are former colony's. Africa's problems are caused by Africans and no one else. In fact, when I think about where Africa would be without the white man, a pretty bleak picture enters my mind.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:39 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times
lots of small beefs, rivalries and struggles with
poverty and survival, self-hate and destruction
that you won't understand if you're not involved
i guess. it could happen to any people, but I think
blacks have it the worse in this country unfortunately.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:41 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,188 times
Quote:
Except most of them.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Highly doubt it. There are dozens of developed countries today that are former colony's. Africa's problems are caused by Africans and no one else. In fact, when I think about where Africa would be without the white man, a pretty bleak picture enters my mind.
I see you side-stepped what I mentioned about the absolute devastation the white man has caused the world over. What say you on the matter? Do you think they are genetically predisposed to be evil sociopaths? I mean what type of sick people would rape their slave women and then force their *child* into a life of slavery? Gas innocent children and the elderly?

re: your comments about Africa without the white man. You'd have to believe that. Anything else goes against everything negative you believe about black people.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I see you side-stepped what I mentioned about the absolute devastation the white man has caused the world over. What say you on the matter? Do you think they are genetically predisposed to be evil sociopaths? I mean what type of sick people would rape their slave women and then force their *child* into a life of slavery? Gas innocent children and the elderly?

re: your comments about Africa without the white man. You'd have to believe that. Anything else goes against everything negative you believe about black people.
I side stepped the comment because it wasn't relavent to the topic at hand. It is also a bad retortion. White people commited pretty bad acts -in the past-. But they have also contributed more to the functions of this world than any other racial group. Rather than talk about what white people have done -in the distant past- you should have responded with something proving my claim wrong.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I side stepped the comment because it wasn't relavent to the topic at hand. It is also a bad retortion. White people commited pretty bad acts -in the past-. But they have also contributed more to the functions of this world than any other racial group. Rather than talk about what white people have done -in the distant past- you should have responded with something proving my claim wrong.
Your comment said:

I provided evidence to show that if we are basing actions on a genetic predisposition, that would mean that white men are sociopaths. Nothing else can account for the atrocious acts they've committed throughout history. A quick gander through history books reveal depraved minds and hearts.

Even today, we see how the preying on the innocent is still happening: Holmes, Lanza, McVeigh, Sandusky, Breivik, et al.

Again, your thoughts on the depraved acts of white men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies