Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Somehow I have a sneaking feeling that Obama is about to make the Repubs look real foolish ... again. It will be interesting to hear what Kerry has to say today.
Based on the Rose Garden announcement today, could these have been some prophetic words?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 02:38 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
When Bush supported military action against Iraq, they had been using chemical weapons against their own citizens, and he got approval from Congress before he took action. Support was unilateral.

Pelosi however DID vote against it. My question is, why would she approve of it now?
Most likely, it's because Hussein was not using chemical weapons against anyone at the time GWB decided to invade Iraq, nor did he have any known capability to do so, despite your claim. Whereas it seems pretty clear at this point that Assad is targeting civilians with chemical (and incendiary) weapons, and Obama is not asking for a poorly-manned, illl-considered ground invasion.

Or in other words, the OP did not show anything like a "stunning" reversal.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:06 PM

367 posts, read 960,281 times
In a "stunning" reversal from the Bush years, Pelosi pushes for action against Syria

What amazes me is that she pulled her nose out from Obozo's behind long enough to be aware of the problem in Syria.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
I guess Pelosi "evolved"

Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess Pelosi "evolved"
...and Obama is evolving too, into Bush's crazy, evil twin, and liberal pom-pom waivers love him.

"Go! go, go, Boosh Husein Obama! Go! go, go, Boosh Husein Obama!"

Old 09-03-2013, 07:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
...and Obama is evolving too, into Bush's crazy, evil twin, and liberal pom-pom waivers love him.

"Go! go, go, Boosh Husein Obama! Go! go, go, Boosh Husein Obama!"
And, I guess warmongering Pubs have evolved too - because if one of their own were in the White house, we'd be bombing first and asking questions later. AND they would be all for it.

Amazing how positions change depending on who occupies the big white house, isn't it?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:04 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And, I guess warmongering Pubs have evolved too - because if one of their own were in the White house, we'd be bombing first and asking questions later. AND they would be all for it.

Amazing how positions change depending on who occupies the big white house, isn't it?
Pretty funny how this proves that republicans and democrats are absolutely no different, they just like the idea of political "teams".

War has never seemed so "cool"

Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Based on the Rose Garden announcement today, could these have been some prophetic words?
bob: I've seen the transcript of that speech. Go ahead and explain how that makes the Republicans look foolish.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:19 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Did Bush have other world super powers implying that WWIII would be imminent if he took action in Iraq?

Old 09-03-2013, 01:36 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
See, it IS all about the party.
If you are a D then whatever a D wants is right.
If you are an R then whatever an R wants is right.

It's not about issues or people or any of that.
It's all about the party and when your party is in control whatever they want to do is right.
And its all part of the plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies