Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 01:22 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama must be revelling in this. The fate of the world hinges on "his decision" according to the MSM.
you are making the assumption that Obama has a clue what his decision is.

dude is neck deep in panicdoodoo and doesnt know what to do.

The only thing he really knows is he got is crayons out and drew a red line on some constuction paper.

someone crossed his line and now if he doesnt do something about it, he looks like an idiot. but if he does do something about it, he looks like a warmonger and an idiot.

He cant want Assad to lose, because if he does then Al Queda gets control of Syria. He cant want Assad to win because then Iran and Assad are more powerful.

Bammer is double screwed and he knows it. He isnt telling anyone the "decision" because he doesnt know what it is.

Im going to help him out. You Dems that are paid to be on these sites spewing the talking points take NOTE and go tell the IDIOT IN CHIEF.

Send this to congress for a vote and at the same time, insult the republicans. Then they will shoot down his request and he will have his out, and he can blame the "obstuctionist republicans" again.

I cant believe I have to be the one to tell him this because he has already done exactly this on dozens of occations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 01:41 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You obviously have no clue to what I think and what I know or who and what I support. So get over your holier that thou attitude. I am just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the right when it comes to war which I have never supported under Bush nor Obama. But we all know how the right supports war under an R but not under a D. That's call hypocrisy, learn it.
just spewing out garbage, aren't ya.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Is he the Decider now?

Right-wingers are such obvious hypocrites.
Arent you guys running around blaming bush for being the Decider in regards to Iraq?

I dont get the right wingers are hypocrites part unless you now think the presidents dont make decisions..

Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Congress has been out to lunch since 2011.
Then how did they manage to run $1T deficits?

Old 08-30-2013, 01:49 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
See, it IS all about the party.
If you are a D then whatever a D wants is right.
If you are an R then whatever an R wants is right.

It's not about issues or people or any of that.
It's all about the party and when your party is in control whatever they want to do is right.
Don't be touting the facts now. Obama is carrying Bush's tradition of using drones and Cruise missiles like any good Hawk should.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
So a couple of hundred bombs over the course of a few days is not an act of war.
And we're doing it because Assad poses a direct threat on US security.

Well then couldn't that very same excuse and action be used on us ?

Iran could do that to us saying we posed a direct threat on them..which we have and are doing.
We created stuxnet and purposely cyberattacked them.
And the head of our cyberwarfare said if anyone attacked us with a stuxnet like virus that would be an act of war.

The precedent you set ..rogue invasion could very well come back and haunt you in your own back yard.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Exactly, Repubs live for this sort of thing especially if an R is in charge.
Really? Should we run down the list of wars over the past 60 years, who started them, and why?

Old 08-30-2013, 02:28 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Yes it is mind boggling.

"Bombing a country is not an act of war "
Oh really ?

I'll remember that next time North Korea points their missiles to the US.
Now Iran has nothing to fear about dropping a nuke or two in the Grand Canyon.

Why ? Well bombing a country is not an act of war.
Apparently, if Cuba were to launch only several missile into the Miamis Florida area, and never had Cuban boots on the ground in Florida, it would not be viewed as an act of war by the left. I mean, even if the Cuban military flew aircraft into Florida, and dropped bombs that killed Americans and destroyed buildings and infrastructure, it would still not be considered an act of war.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Obama just said he still hasn't made up his mind.
Yup, even after a year to plan, he is still sitting on his thumb and the entire world is watching or president display utter incompetence

Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you are making the assumption that Obama has a clue what his decision is.

dude is neck deep in panicdoodoo and doesnt know what to do.

The only thing he really knows is he got is crayons out and drew a red line on some constuction paper.

someone crossed his line and now if he doesnt do something about it, he looks like an idiot. but if he does do something about it, he looks like a warmonger and an idiot.

He cant want Assad to lose, because if he does then Al Queda gets control of Syria. He cant want Assad to win because then Iran and Assad are more powerful.

Bammer is double screwed and he knows it. He isnt telling anyone the "decision" because he doesnt know what it is.

Im going to help him out. You Dems that are paid to be on these sites spewing the talking points take NOTE and go tell the IDIOT IN CHIEF.

Send this to congress for a vote and at the same time, insult the republicans. Then they will shoot down his request and he will have his out, and he can blame the "obstructionist republicans" again.

I cant believe I have to be the one to tell him this because he has already done exactly this on dozens of occations.
I think the Obama admin took a different route, because i heard Kerry blaming the "obstructionist Russians."

Because of the guaranteed Russian obstructionism of any action through the UN Security Council, the UN cannot galvanize the world to act as it should,” Kerry said in a speech at the State Department, hours after British lawmakers voted against any British involvement in action against Syria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies