Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:32 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Please, R's never questioned what Bush did. They easily went along with everything he said.

The difference is that President Bush was a credible leader who was surrounded by legitmate advisors who had years of experience.

Barack is a unqualifed amatuer whose advisors followed him from college. Everything they know about the world came from a textbook and watching CNN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
Quote:
He got approval to invade a nation not to just drop a few bombs. Big big difference. Which is why dropping the bombs on Lybia didn't need congressional approval. And by the way, all republicans agreed but only a few democrats agreed but unfortunately it was enough.

Personally, I hope we don't do anything but I think Obama is backing himself into a corner especially since Britain has backed away.
I feel if we do launch missiles, things are gonna turn ugly very quickly.
Leftists can rationalize ANY crime, especially if it is being committed by their messiah.

There is no way Congressional approval can be bypassed.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
He said during the campaign that he wouldn't intervene in countries where WMD's are being deployed against civilians? I'm pretty sure he didn't say that.

Incidentally, it's not a R D issue. There are plenty of people on both sides of the issue who are pushing for action if Syria is indeed found to have done this.
What he said was that the US had no business violating other sovern nations.

So yes, he did say he wouldnt intervene

Old 08-30-2013, 12:02 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The difference is that President Bush was a credible leader who was surrounded by legitmate advisors who had years of experience.

Barack is a unqualifed amatuer whose advisors followed him from college. Everything they know about the world came from a textbook and watching CNN.
Don't peddle this kool-aide either ... it makes you no different than the lefties ... clueless. Bush was no less a puppet front man than Barry Soetero is, for the globalist gangsters whose goal is the ultimate destruction of the United States and the Constitution, and financial and military domination of the planet.

Bush was an idiot, surrounded by some pretty evil people who lied this country into supporting the invasion of two countries, while creating this police state structure headed up by the Department of Homeland Security, and the Patriot Act, which set the stage for this current group of criminal extremists to unleash the hell we see now.

Until the American public manages to extract their heads from their rear ends ... both the so-called left AND right ... we can expect nothing other than the situation getting more and more disastrous and out of control.

Aside the propaganda about chemical weapons use by Syria being such an old, worn out tactic of deception, you can apparently fool half the people ALL OF THE TIME. In any case ... the "rebels" fighting the Syrian government are led by such nice people who will split open a human being's chest and rip the heart and liver out and eat them ... that is when they are not "sawing off the heads of Christian clergymen" .... this is the group of demons funded and armed by covert US intelligence to topple the last piece on the chessboard that completes the encirclement of the main target, Iran .... and the people Obamanation wants to assist in taking power. If this is not the behavior and actions of the Antichrist, then I'd hate to see an example of what would be.

The real truth is, the common citizens of Syria are terrified at the prospect of these demonic, soul-less creatures that Obama wants to help, being successful in overthrowing Assad and coming to power, because they know the hell that will be unleashed on them if that comes to pass, which will make Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya look like sumer camp with boy scouts in charge.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Quote:
You are right, what a difference a D makes. If Romney was in office, all the R's would be supporting a military invasion right now instead of questioning it.
This really come back to what Biden and Clinton stated in their campaign against him. That the world would see weakness in Obama and challenge it. After all this is by any stretch the first time Assad has been accused of using chemical weapons and he is not the first so called bad guy to have them.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:14 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Incidentally, it's not a R D issue. There are plenty of people on both sides of the issue who are pushing for action if Syria is indeed found to have done this.
And indeed, what has Syria alleged to have done? Oh the old WMD thing ... sure .... and we've never heard that one before, have we?

But let me tell you something that you and everyone else ought to already know .... if an army of several thousand rebels, armed by a foreign enemy were attacking the US government on US Soil, trying to overthrow Obama, and take over the country, the US Military would use every weapon it had against such an "enemy" ... chemical ... biological ... nuclear ... whatever it took to defeat that enemy, and wouldn't care in the least if innocent Americans needed to be sacrificed in the process.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:19 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

But let me tell you something that you and everyone else ought to already know .... if an army of several thousand rebels, armed by a foreign enemy were attacking the US government on US Soil, trying to overthrow Obama, and take over the country, the US Military would use every weapon it had against such an "enemy" ... chemical ... biological ... nuclear ... whatever it took to defeat that enemy, and wouldn't care in the least if innocent Americans needed to be sacrificed in the process.
Exactly my thoughts on the matter.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:19 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
What would it mean if most Repubs in Congress won't support action in Syria. Dems would likely be those to not go for it, although the "reversal" may hold, but Repubs pass up an opportunity to bomb people??

Old 08-30-2013, 12:32 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No .. that's just not true at all. This is just the story fed you by the controlled mass media. Bush became an extremely unpopular president, even among the conservative right, and anyone who morally opposes unnecessary war (which should include EVERYONE, but apparently doesn't), as the true conservative electorate realized that Bush was no conservative by any rational definition. And if you go back to when Bush was first running for president, he voiced his philosophy of NOT being the world's policeman, and favoring a more conservative foreign policy of non-intervention in other nation's internal affairs. That of course was part of the big lie that flew straight out the window after 911. Well, he never wanted war, it was just forced upon him by Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. Now, Obama doesn't reeeaallllyyy want war, he's just dealing with the mess Bush created .... and the buck keeps getting passed, and the problems are always the other guy's fault.

You OBVIOUSLY are clueless to how this game works, and how deeply hooked you are by it, because you are doing EXACTLY what you claim the "other side" is doing .... apparently so blinded by your own irrational opinions, that you cannot help yourself. The bell rings and the pavlovian conditioning kicks in, and you salivate at the prospect of a Democrat sounding the charge for war!!! Thank goodness we don't have anymore of those republican wars ... those are really bad! I loves me some left wing Obama-War though ... that flavor of war is very tasty.

Of course you won't admit that you like the taste of Obama-War ... no ... you just bring up the other guy when someone calls you out.
You obviously have no clue to what I think and what I know or who and what I support. So get over your holier that thou attitude. I am just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the right when it comes to war which I have never supported under Bush nor Obama. But we all know how the right supports war under an R but not under a D. That's call hypocrisy, learn it.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:33 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Obama just said he still hasn't made up his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies