Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 10:55 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Yes, I think most gun owners feel the same way, but because Bloomberg and Feinstein want all guns banned, they keep trying to sneak other crap into their bills that will basically ban a lot of the most popular guns in use. Then when we reject their bill based on that fact only, they have been able to successfully convince a lot of people that we're nuts who do not care about children and who want to arm criminals... They could have had that background loophole and even a physch eval pushed through easily a long time ago.
The latest I heard was them trying to ban people who have anxiety issues from having guns as a mental health issue. I know a person who has anxiety about death. Is that really a mental health issue that requires banning for gun purposes? If anything, I think anxiety of death would make you the most responsible gun owner ever. I honestly feel that liberals really just want to take away the gun rights of as many people as humanly possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 10:56 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I never said you were nuts. My husband wants a gun and I have no problem with that. But I would leave it in my home. It would make me uncomfortable having guns all around in public places. We do have dueling pistols which I guess don't count lol
My wife was like that when we first meet, now a gun is like a pair of shoes. She doesn't even look twice when a gun is out. Sometimes I'll leave a gun out in the house for whatever reason and she could care less. It is just another thing that I leave out.

People are affraid of what they do not understand, take a new shooters class at the local firing range put on by the NRA and keep an open mind. If you are on the Bay Area I would be happy to show you and your husband the ropes. That offer stands for anyone else that is interested.
NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training

Old 09-13-2013, 10:57 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,760,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
And more than likely drunk, I like freedom and I believe in the self responsibility although your limited government theme is a bit vague what exactly is your version of limited government ?

Nothing nuts about self defense other than the simple fact some think they need an arsenal to protect there family. Like one poster on this thread said if you can't shoot and hit someone with 11 rounds what makes you think 30 would be any better ?
What difference does 10 or 30 rounds make when the gun is in the hand of someone who follows the law and who would only use their weapon to target shoot or for self defense? I know why you're for it. I understand that you think that it will hinder a mass murderer, but do you think that a mass murderer cares whether or not his breaking the magazine limit laws? Be honest.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Has anyone ever actually said this or endorsed this idea?

It may be that some politicians in this country have; I'm just not aware of it or familiar with it.

Is there anyone who actually has a platform or proposed legislation calling for the banning of all guns?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQeq6ZzEQGA

Old 09-13-2013, 10:59 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,760,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
My wife was like that when we first meet, now a gun is like a pair of shoes. She doesn't even look twice when a gun is out. Sometimes I'll leave a gun out in the house for whatever reason and she could care less. It is just another thing that I leave out.

People are affraid of what they do not understand, take a new shooters class at the local firing range put on by the NRA and keep an open mind. If you are on the Bay Area I would be happy to show you and your husband the ropes. That offer stands for anyone else that is interested.
NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training
My wife is like that too. She hated guns! Then came a time that she wanted me to do something I really didn't want to do, and I bribed her with going to the range. After that she pretty much got over it with time.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:59 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The latest I heard was them trying to ban people who have anxiety issues from having guns...

What was the source of this "information?"

Again,. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'd just like to know where you are getting this.

Is this anything like the other poster's claim that there are people seeking to ban all guns?

Old 09-13-2013, 11:00 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What does the wild west have to do with people protecting themselves? [b]What's nuts about self defense? [/B Why do you have a problem with people protecting themselves?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with self defense. But to me self defense is karate, judo, kray maga and all the martial arts. Have you seen these dedicated people in action. I have and they could take out a fly on the wall. Oh but you need a gun for self defense.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:03 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:

People are affraid of what they do not understand, take a new shooters class at the local firing range put on by the NRA and keep an open mind.
If you are on the Bay Area I would be happy to show you and your husband the ropes. That offer stands for anyone else that is interested.
No I'm on the east coast but thank you for the offer. I am really not against guns for your home. I just don't want them in public.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:03 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Quote:
Well, to be honest she was talking about assault weapons and not guns in general.

Personally, I believe in the right of private citizens to bear arms. I enjoy guns myself.

But it seems like there are people who are just as knee-jerk freaked out about the baseless idea that all guns are going to be rounded up and gun owners branded as criminals as there are people who believe anyone with a gun is a murder spree waiting to happen.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Well, to be honest she was talking about assault weapons and not guns in general.

Personally, I believe in the right of private citizens to bear arms. I enjoy guns myself.

But it seems like there are people who are just as knee-jerk freaked out about the baseless idea that all guns are going to be rounded up and gun owners branded as criminals as there are people who believe anyone with a gun is a murder spree waiting to happen.
She said that if she could get 51 votes to ban all guns should would confiscate them from the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies