Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 08:34 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
While I think liberal gun laws do more bad than good, in this case i would think a wide gun-ownership among the public makes it harder for a government to tyrranise the public.
while a government may have attackdrones, etc, they are still dependent on the rest of their country to work somewhat well in order to have something meaningful to rule over...

so hypothetically;
Say a president revokes your second amendment, ban all guns and starts making hostile take-overs of companies etc, making any personal ambition among the citizens practically redundant, then strip away a bunch of other rights that are necessary for a democracy, what do you have left?

my answer would be: another putin-style russia.

Now putins power over russia may be a lot more absolute than Obamas power over USA, but which one would you rather trade places with?
the president of the United states or russia?
There is no such thing as Liberal laws. There is no such thing as progressive liberals.

Liberals is a word based from the word Liberty. With both Freedom and Liberty there are no rules and so no laws. It's a free for all. No such thing as 0 Tolerance to a liberal.

These are wayward and very stupid democratic children ranting about grabbing guns.

That's never going to happen in the USA, because it's illegal.

The very reason the 2nd exists is because We the people desire the federal govt to be in fear of US and not the other way around.

It just that since 1933 when the feds went broke and declared a state of emergency things went south. That declaration has never been lifted. Ever since the feds have been bankrupt in more than one way including cash money.

This current generation of little pantie waists insolent children have never one handles a real dollar in their hands. They have no sense of Freedom, Liberty, are immoral, have no ethics and no honor.

They do as they are told period, and think the Govt is here to guide and show us the way and that if you follow the govt will keep you secure

They think we are given jobs and that living wage comes from being given a job.

They HATE me for telling the truth. I am old enough to have used real silver dollars and paper Silver certificates and i still have some paper notes another American broken promise.

I have 'United States' Notes as well. These were the last note printed by the govt. the 'Federal Reserve Note' has nothing to do with the govt or the feds it is just the name of a printing press. This note is toilet paper, and no one can tell you what a buck is worth not even me.

Last time I checked by comparing it to silver I came up with 2 cents.

In the USA there is one thing between We the People and a tyrannical federal govt at this time and it is the privately armed citizen.

Putin is a strong arm man x KGB. These kids have almost no idea what that meant. Obama is a weakling puppet on George Soros finger. aka his boy...... Unfortunately george is no match for Putin.

Not even Putin would invade the USA with boots on the ground and just because of the private armed citizen.

I would be fairly certain when the Russians were in Afghanistan they learned that lesson the hard way. it would just be worse here, unless they nuked us.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Uh..... The American revolutionaries wouldn't have been able to do it without organizing a real army (not some scattered militias) and the French.
The First Continental Army and the rag tag navy didn't win the Rev War..... neither did the Militia, but i am not going to tell you what did win it. You will have to do that homework yourself.

So i suspect you will never know how the United States of American won it's freedom from England.

What you don't know is astounding. It makes me want my tax money back! In school you didn't learn anything worth learning.

BTW did you ever sign up for the Selective Service yet?

Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I think it's laid out quite well. It's the progressives who want to change the interpretation of it.
They are not progressives any more than they are soup They are just stupid gun grabbers and mostly idiot Democrats. These grabbers couldn't toast a marshmallow if you gave it to them on a stick.

I just have fun mocking them out. Don't let them pretend anyone is taking them serious, or that they have any say or control in LAW LOL

If Dianne and Nancy made a ruling in the morning we must turn in our guns or else! i would just laugh it off and go to work.

There is no way to enforce it, and if there was it would go viral on the web.... That would just start another civil war and the one we were given the 2nd for.

There is no army for that, there is only the National Guard. My son is a officer in that, and i am not worried about which side he is on a bit.

They hate this Obama Admin with prejudiced. Over in the sand box they have to just about write a report for each spent bullet casing. .

The cops have all taken the OATH...... They have Oath keepers, so there goes that Force.

The feds have fema, NSA and a few assorted other idiots and fools that might show up on a sunny day trying to look cool taking to their wrist watches.

The last thing the Feds want to do is anger We the People. We the people would make Putin look like a choir boy. Putin is no traitor to us he is just the enemy and we respect that more than we do any American traitors.

I assume you agree.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
They are not progressives any more than they are soup They are just stupid gun grabbers and mostly idiot Democrats. These grabbers couldn't toast a marshmallow if you gave it to them on a stick.
Progressive is just like Affordable, it's a word used to describe the exact opposite of a thing. The political class does this every day without conscience.

Take Prop 37 GMO labeling bill. It was fought with more than $50M poured into it by BIG AGRA and the largest food giants. The name they used to fight it: Stop the Deceptive Food Labeling Scheme <<<the polar opposite of the truth.

The reason they can get away with it; people who think they know everything and are well informed. <<<also the polar opposite of the truth.

UnAffordable Healthcare Act
Anti Gun Safety Advocates
Alliance for InJustice
American Anti Constitution Society for Reinterpreting Law and Policy
American Institute for Social InJustice

It goes on and on. Whenever a lobbying group is started you can bank on it being named the polar opposite of the intent.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:49 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The people of Egypt, Syria, Libya among other nations have risen up in arms against their tyrannical governments.

We have supplied the "rebels" with weapons that help them fight their government forces.

Gun grabbers have no concept of this.

"It can't happen here", right?

No it was put in to allow citizens to not have to put firearms in a community arsenal under the lock and key of the local constable or sheriff. Specifically when trouble came to Colonial Williamsburg in 1775. The Governor General of Virginia ordered Royal Marines to take the guns out of the arsenal and safely store them on a Royal Navy frigate in the James River.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
My rebuttal to the belief that the belief that the Second Amendment was created to "protect people from tyrannical governments."

In 1789, we were a new nation. In 1776 we declared our independence from the tyrannical British Empire. The wounds of what the British did to us in the 1760's and 1770's were still fresh. The military was also set up a lot different than it is now. You were expected to fight. It hasn't been this way since after the Civil War (even though we had the draft up til after Vietnam.) It was a different time and we had militias rather than the armed forces we have today. This is why part of the Second Amendment logic is flawed today. The amendment is irrelevant to an extent and needs to be altered in a way that doesn't infringe on gun owner's rights while keeping the rights of others protected at the same time.

The sportsman aspect of the Second Amendment however has not changed other than the technology of guns.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:48 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Really?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

Those are what are known as fancy sounding words that would have gone down the toilet if anybody had tried to overthrow President Jefferson

Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The 2nd amendment was put in place so that the government would fear its people. Nothing more, nothing less.

The fact that big government progressives have been trying to override the 2nd is proof that they do, indeed, fear the people.

They work for us.
Nobody is trying to override the 2nd amendment

Old 09-13-2013, 11:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Nobody is trying to override the 2nd amendment
Except for the majority of democrats

Old 09-13-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You're preaching to the choir my friend. I pointed that out here on this thread, and many others in regards to this topic. Without it, whether the statists like it or not, the rest of the Bill of Rights including the Right To Free Speech becomes irrelevant. Now mind you, I don't advocate violence, and cooler heads should prevail, but should the government try to overreach and do away with the 2nd Amendment and confiscate guns from owners on a massive scale, I will be on the side with the people. I would hope that we as Americans would be smart enough NOT to allow it to come to something like that.

Yeah, it did a great job of protecting us against the Patriot Act. And it's also working wonders on preventing NSA spying

The freedom of speech and of the press is what really protects our freedom. The civil rights movement is a good example there. Also that guy standing in front of the tank in China
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies