Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:12 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually, it's the Republicans who are scared of this because it's dividing their party. A divided party will most certainly lose.
No, it won't. There are divisions amongst the conservatives. There are constitutional conservatives, fiscal conservatives, libertarian conservatives, neocons, social conservatives, establishment conservatives, and the religious right. But all of us have in common the fact that we dislike you more than we dislike each other.

I, for example, am a libertarian/constitutional conservative. I support gay marriage, support legalizing marijuana, support equal rights for women and minorities. But still I would vote for Richard Nixon before I'd vote for you. I don't like neocons like Karl Rove and George Bush. But while I dislike them, I absolutely loathe your bigoted, dishonest, power hungry, anti-freedom, anti-education, anti-energy independence ilk. You've been leading this country into recession and war for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 01:14 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I love how crazed and committed leftists are soooooo worried about the Republican party. I'd take care of my own house if I were you because it's rapidly crumbling to the ground.
You saw this a lot after the election. There were all sorts of threads from liberals about the health of the Republican party and how to fix it. All of their helpful suggestions involve acting more like Democrats.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:24 AM

27,150 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The yet the overwhelming majority of African-Americans, Jews, Asian-Americans, Hispanics and LGBT Americans support the Democrats.

Dead people & convicts too!

Old 09-13-2013, 03:57 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Dead people & convicts too!
Don't forget Illegals.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:01 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The yet the overwhelming majority of African-Americans, Jews, Asian-Americans, Hispanics and LGBT Americans support the Democrats.
They have that gang mentality. Not a one of them has what it takes to think for themselves. I used to think Jews did, but I changed my mind about 20 years ago.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:48 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
Quote:
There are constitutional conservatives, fiscal conservatives, libertarian conservatives, neocons, social conservatives, establishment conservatives, and the religious right. But all of us have in common the fact that we dislike you more than we dislike each other.
Within days of the arrival of any newly elected republican, he walks in lock-step with the RINOs on most issues. Why IS that? I suspect blackmail and bribery together.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:33 AM

742 posts, read 678,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No, it won't. There are divisions amongst the conservatives. There are constitutional conservatives, fiscal conservatives, libertarian conservatives, neocons, social conservatives, establishment conservatives, and the religious right. But all of us have in common the fact that we dislike you more than we dislike each other.

I, for example, am a libertarian/constitutional conservative. I support gay marriage, support legalizing marijuana, support equal rights for women and minorities. But still I would vote for Richard Nixon before I'd vote for you. I don't like neocons like Karl Rove and George Bush. But while I dislike them, I absolutely loathe your bigoted, dishonest, power hungry, anti-freedom, anti-education, anti-energy independence ilk. You've been leading this country into recession and war for decades.
Well said, best reply to the thread's nonsense.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:18 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Actually Mr. Cruz, we need 100 more like you and bye bye Republican Party. That's some good rebranding of the party that you've got goin' on there...
First off 99% of Americans won't even know that Ted Cruz said this insane thing because most don't pay attention to politics that closely, and certainly don't pay attention during non election periods.
So his comment which is insane won't hurt conservatives at all.

Republicans are in trouble nationally right now. It is going to be very difficult for any conservative Presidential nominee to get to 270.

In the short term conservatives are safe in a lot of states and districts around the nation, and so they'll focus on that instead of making in roads in other places.

I think in the mid to long term that the conservative party is going to decline significantly in political power and influence.

I think conservatives all around the nation are going to make the same mistake that conservatives in California made. They'll still be prominent in some local areas because Democrats tend to bunch in large clusters in a relatively few cities/areas, but basically for the vast majority of people conservatives and their insanity and hateful ideology will be irrelevant.

conservatives elected officials still talk about Reagan, still to this day. Dude hasn't been in office for over twenty years and they still invoke his name that is the definition of stagnation for a political party.

And Ted Cruz will never be president, and neither is Rand Paul, or Chris Christie or Walker. I really hope that conservatives pick Cruz. I really hope they do.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:21 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As the OP, please allow me to clarify. IMO the Republican Party expired due to a hijacking incident pulled off by the radical right wing crazies that crawled out from under rocks to seize an opportunity. There is no legit Republican Party anymore so far be it from me to be the least bit concerned about what happens to these radicals that have taken over. I did say that we need 100 more Ted Cruz types to get them voted out on account of their rigid and radical views that is totally in opposition to the changing demographics of the nation. Ted Cruz types would guarantee the demise and good riddance to them.
What's radical about wanting smaller government? Or not wanting to pay more taxes to wasteful government spending? Or disliking a healthcare plan that's destroying the 40-hour work week and raising premiums? I essentially got a $20,000/yr pay cut because my husband's family insurance plan was raised so high. And if I get private insurance, it's more like a $15,000 pay cut with far less coverage. Why, because the "Affordable" Care Act was so poorly written and rushed through that is sucks! Even the unions and government staffers hate it, but that's okay, because they get waivers. It's only for us peons to follow the law.

If it's abortion you're talking about, well, we've had Republicans in power for over 20 years and abortion remained legal. Making it a more thoughtful process isn't really that bad considering people are snuffing out the life of a human being. I think early sonograms have proven that it's not just a zygote, or clump of cells. It's a living thing.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:26 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The classic liberal Tea Party is hijacking the GOP away from the statists and bible thumpers. Ted Cruz is one leading the charge.

The Democrats are massively scared of this. Freedom is a more popular agenda than the Democrat's fascist one.
As a Democrat, I can't think of any other possible candidate we would love to run against in 2016.

We're really afraid of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies