Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 11:08 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I hope you have pursued court-ordered child support.
I have and he is contempt. Over one year behind and hasn't seen her since she was 1.

We have another hearing on the 4th. Fingers crossed but I doubt much will happen. I can't wait til the day I am making way more than what I make now and don't have to worry about CS from him. It is a struggle without the extra money but I know it will pass....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 11:08 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Society needs to shame these breeders. "Hi Miss Jones. How is your ba$tard doing today?"
Please do so, enjoy your beat down by rational Americans that would take offense at your crudeness and disrespect for both the woman and the child.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:11 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker

Society needs to shame these breeders. "Hi Miss
Jones. How is your ba$tard doing today?"
Unbelievable and truly offensive.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,838,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I have and he is contempt. Over one year behind and hasn't seen her since she was 1.

We have another hearing on the 4th. Fingers crossed but I doubt much will happen. I can't wait til the day I am making way more than what I make now and don't have to worry about CS from him. It is a struggle without the extra money but I know it will pass....
ill say it again, i applaud you and what you are doing.

i will also say again that i am dissapointed at how conservatives have painted single women like you with such a broad brush and understand your frustrations with them.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Reduce the number of children who are dependent upon the state by providing a financial incentive to women receiving benefits to stop having more babies.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

They can take it from his check and if he still does not pay he will be held in contempt of court and can do time in jail, up to a year at a pop and they can keep sending him back if he does not change his attitude. Keep persuing the A-hole. By the way there are also penalties that are added for paying late and not paying and you could end up getting support even after your child reaches 18. Do not let them off the hook. by the way that does not mean he will have any rights to see the child unless you agree, it only means he is finacially responsible for helping pay for the child he helped make.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
ill say it again, i applaud you and what you are doing.

i will also say again that i am dissapointed at how conservatives have painted single women like you with such a broad brush and understand your frustrations with them.
Not all conservatives are that way, heck not even most are, and by the way Kickass is a conservative herself.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reduce the number of children who are dependent upon the state by providing a financial incentive to women receiving benefits to stop having more babies.
In other words, reduce the number of children dependent on the state, by increasing the number of women dependent on the state?

Here's another suggestion: Reduce both, by making it a disgrace to have children out of wedlock. Emphasize to women (and men) that making whoopee is a BAD thing if you're not married.

The benefits of this, is that:
(a) more children have whole families to raise them,
(b) fewer women are condemned to poverty by the need to raise a child without the help of a father,
(c) government coercion is removed. Society "enforces" this condition instead, by social condemnation of bearing children out of wedlock.
(d) It also has a downside: Women who have babies out of wedlock, have it rough, being regarded as pariahs or outcasts. Since they no longer depend on the state, they must depend on their own efforts, or charity, to nmake ends meet. The good news is, with DNA testing they can identify the father and impose the same pariah status on him. Men can no longer run away from their (equal) responsibility for the child.

Not a perfect solution. But I suggest it's less bad than the situation we have now.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:23 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't necessarily disagree. But the question begs: Why have children if you can't afford them?

Honestly? Because there a lot of people for whom if you tell them to wait until they can afford them, then they'll never have children. And they know it.

They don't see rosy futures, or "better" mates, to wait for.

And in actuality, a lot of people are actively using birth control, which are why birth rates aer so much lower now than they used to be. The population as a whole is choosing to have less babies.

Really, I think as a society it would be more productive to work towards have more young people in a position to form stable marriages in the first place. Part of that is more young people gainfully employed in jobs that have a future.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:23 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Society needs to shame these breeders. "Hi Miss Jones. How is your ba$tard doing today?"
Look, if you have a problem with the mother, take it up with the mother, NOT THE CHILD. That is, unless your idea is to be crude and express jerk behavior.

And something else. This "public shame" won't work today. Alot of people are highly individualistic, and won't care how much the public tries to shame them. Rather, said persons will just rebel against society. Shame might work in a more communitarian society, such as Japan. Why? Everything is more about the group in Japan. People see themselves more as part of the group, rather than the individual. In the USA, it is more individualistic, and there is more of seeing one's self as the individual. If you want shame to work, you would have to get rid of individualism, which many in the USA aren't willing to give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies