Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 10:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your purchases have been a part of the supply chain where people are murdered. I am sorry you don't see that.
Which is actually a good argument for legalization. No, as I stated before it won't completely stop the murders but fewer will be participating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 10:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Your purchases have been a part of the supply chain where people are murdered. I am sorry you don't see that.

How so, given that it's local? Want to stop or significantly reduce the crime associated with drugs? Then end prohibition. At least end the damn war on a plant that has been around and used for medicinal and industrial purposes since the beginning of time! Or, if you or the government were really serious about getting tough on the drug cartels, then why not put your money where your mouth is, and send our military into Mexico, and Central America and wipe out all of the cartels! I mean, we have the firepower, and the capability to do so, do we not? We seem to have no problem sending our military to the Middle East or elsewhere in the world to enforce our will, so why not do it here. Tell the Mexican government, and all of the governments of those Latin American countries that they better get a lid on the problem, or we'll do it for them! But of course the United States won't do that, because they profit from both sides of the drug war. It's absolute hypocrisy!

Old 10-31-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which is actually a good argument for legalization. No, as I stated before it won't completely stop the murders but fewer will be participating.

It certainly worked when they repealed prohibition of alcohol.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:58 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
I mean people like you. You are a drug offender and you spend your days crying about how unfair the laws are. God knows how many people have been murdered to feed your drug habit.

based on that ^^^ the more reason weed should be legalized..

just imagine how many slaves including children building your computer and other electronic devises you own died or were injured.!!! and so many other consumer products....

at least with weed you can by it from a local source eliminating violent crime associated by cartels you (cant) do that with your I pad, computer, electronics and so on

fin you digging the bottom of the barrel again!!!

Old 10-31-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
based on that ^^^ the more reason weed should be legalized..

just imagine how many slaves including children building your computer and other electronic devises you own died or were injured.!!! and so many other consumer products....

at least with weed you can by it from a local source eliminating violent crime associated by cartels you (cant) do that with your I pad, computer, electronics and so on

fin you digging the bottom of the barrel again!!!

Indeed, now we're accessories to murder crux. Nothing worse than being accused of something you didn't do, eh?

Old 10-31-2013, 11:05 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Having laws and law enforcement is really not a liberal or conservative issue, and exitence of laws is not an indicator of big government. Both sides agree laws are necessary.

some are unjust.. like the war on pot..

Old 10-31-2013, 11:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I hear people say that, but do you really think the Mexicans and the Colombians will just thrown in the towel because we legalized pot? No, they would continue and sell it for less than the US government does. The killings would continue.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I hear people say that, but do you really think the Mexicans and the Colombians will just thrown in the towel because we legalized pot? No, they would continue and sell it for less than the US government does. The killings would continue.

Ummm... Finn you are aware that cannabis is the largest cash crop in the United States. Yet it's illegal!!! Pot coming from Mexico or Columbia isn't the issue here, as everyone knows that it's due to the sophistication methods the best s*** is grown here and in Canada! Most of the issues coming from there are cocaine related!

Furthermore, did crimes attributed to prohibition of alcohol not go down once it was repealed? Sure you had moonshiners, but most of the bootleggers moved on to something else.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:11 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
This type of hypocrisy is EXACTLY the reason I cannot support prohibition of cannabis, and tend to "look the other way" when someone get's nabbed for possession. Don't let me be a member of a jury for someone who is being tried for possession, or cultivation. Then again, I'd probably be one of those "weeded" out. That's fine, it only further shows the hypocrisy of the establishment.
Funny, I was on a jury for someone selling marijuana and I caused a mistrial. Jury nullification would be a great thing for sure!

Old 10-31-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Funny, I was on a jury for someone selling marijuana and I caused a mistrial. Jury nullification would be a great thing for sure!

I would do the same thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies