Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 04:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't even know where to begin, but I will address your comment I highlighted. This society of which I am a part, says pot is illegal, and I want to keep it that way. If you want to "choose your own experience", then go somewhere on earth to where it is legal. Don't try to bring your aberrant lifestyle to my street corner.

I know there will be no middle ground with you because even if I bring up facts such as pot is a gateway drug, or that it has carcinogens, you will just defect it with denials or comparisons.

`
Pot can be a gateway drug. So can alcohol and cigarette's. We don't ban things on the simple fact that a certain portion will abuse those things.

People abuse the right to own guns. Now there are indeed many who want to but it's as bad of an argument that we need to make them illegal for the overwhelming majority that do not abuse them.

I won't argue that large soda's are not good for you but it's not my place to be your momma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 04:42 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The government is dumb. What do you make of pot laws? Dumb?
Lol. I stand corrected.

Let me clarify. They are not dumb when it comes to funneling in all the money possible.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:46 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
A burglar is a criminal because he is stealing from someone. The crime is theft and causes a detriment to the victim.

A thief is a criminal because he is stealing from someone. The crime is theft and causes a detriment to the victim.

An embezzler is a criminal because he is stealing from an entity. The crime is theft and causes a detriment to the entity and/or society due to the fact that money is limited. The victim would be the entity and/or society.
I can put it a better way... all of the above are criminals because they broke the law, just as someone who possesses marijuana where it's illegal to do so.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't even know where to begin, but I will address your comment I highlighted. This society of which I am a part, says pot is illegal, and I want to keep it that way. If you want to "choose your own experience", then go somewhere on earth to where it is legal. Don't try to bring your aberrant lifestyle to my street corner.

I could care less what you think if you don't have the critical thinking skills to recognize that the current marijuana laws are in clear conflict with the principles that our country was founded on. If you don't like freedom YOU move to another country. Nobody here is restricting your freedoms or bringing you any additional harm so your opposition to legalization needs a few more legs to stand on.

To simply believe that all laws are moral and just, just because they are the law is assanine and I addressed it in my previous post. Scroll up and educate yourself on why you are being so irrational and assanine.

I know there will be no middle ground with you because even if I bring up facts such as pot is a gateway drug, or that it has carcinogens, you will just defect it with denials or comparisons.

`

Middle ground?

Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug any more than cigarrettes. Or alcohol. Or caffeine. You have NO evidence to this and are simply confusing myth with fact. The fact is that there are millions of marijuana users who do not use additional drugs or become addicts. That is FACT. People are way past the Reefer Madness bull sh__ and don't buy those same tired arguments. The polls don't lie and whether you like it or not it WILL be legalized in this country sooner if not later.

My generation supports legalization OVERWHELMINGLY and the way the youth goes, so does the country. So wake up to the reality of an America of true FREEDOM and liberty to do those things that do not cause harm to others or society.

Worry about your own self and stop trying to be the nanny of others.

Cigarrettes are perfectly legal and kill hundreds of thousands each year. Marijuana has killed 0.

Prescription meds kill 5X as many people each year as ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS COMBINED. Yet are still legal.

Alcohol is responsible for nearly 33% of all traffic fatalities, and is clearly "mind altering", and is perfectly legal.

If your going to make an argument. Make an argument. Not something that can be picked apart so easily.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:01 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I can put it a better way... all of the above are criminals because they broke the law, just as someone who possesses marijuana where it's illegal to do so.

and so are all the millions of people that are just a tad bit higher on the BAC when driving.. and all the millions of people that are even going just a little bit over the speed limit.. you people worry about such trivial crap

if i'm smoking a bone at home how does that endanger anyone.. speeders endanger other peoples lives!! and of course people that drink and drive plus smoke weed and drive, plus all the millions of people that are driving under the influence of prescription drugs.. texting while driving even if it is legal to text in any state you are a criminal for endangering peoples lives, yes 80 to 90 or more percent are criminals for stupid stuff if you want to get technical.....

Last edited by cruxan; 10-30-2013 at 05:15 PM..

Old 10-30-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Middle ground?

Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug any more than cigarrettes. Or alcohol. Or caffeine. You have NO evidence to this and are simply confusing myth with fact. The fact is that there are millions of marijuana users who do not use additional drugs or become addicts. That is FACT. People are way past the Reefer Madness bull sh__ and don't buy those same tired arguments. The polls don't lie and whether you like it or not it WILL be legalized in this country sooner if not later.

My generation supports legalization OVERWHELMINGLY and the way the youth goes, so does the country. So wake up to the reality of an America of true FREEDOM and liberty to do those things that do not cause harm to others or society.

Worry about your own self and stop trying to be the nanny of others.

Cigarrettes are perfectly legal and kill hundreds of thousands each year. Marijuana has killed 0.

Prescription meds kill 5X as many people each year as ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS COMBINED. Yet are still legal.

Alcohol is responsible for nearly 33% of all traffic fatalities, and is clearly "mind altering", and is perfectly legal.

If your going to make an argument. Make an argument. Not something that can be picked apart so easily.

dang that nut case needs to wake the freak up!!!! weed used to be fully legal in this country!!! even the for fathers partook in some form or another, not to mention that the constitution is written on hemp paper.. talk about a nut against freedom!!!

Old 10-30-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
dang that nut case needs to wake the freak up!!!! weed used to be fully legal in this country!!! even the for fathers partook in some form or another, not to mention that the constitution is written on hemp paper.. talk about a nut against freedom!!!
World done gone crazy!

The Founding Fathers would be all over this thread handing out eviction notices!

Old 10-30-2013, 06:12 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
and so are all the millions of people that are just a tad bit higher on the BAC when driving.. and all the millions of people that are even going just a little bit over the speed limit.. you people worry about such trivial crap

if i'm smoking a bone at home how does that endanger anyone.. speeders endanger other peoples lives!! and of course people that drink and drive plus smoke weed and drive, plus all the millions of people that are driving under the influence of prescription drugs.. texting while driving even if it is legal to text in any state you are a criminal for endangering peoples lives, yes 80 to 90 or more percent are criminals for stupid stuff if you want to get technical.....
No need to get so emotional.

I was merely pointing out that there are non-violent criminals, too.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No need to get so emotional.

I was merely pointing out that there are non-violent criminals, too.

emotional not one bit just stating a fact.. fin keeps drilling it in.. like a broken record with the needle stuck in the groove.. time to let that part rest and focus on getting the needle out of the groove and switching to a new album

Old 10-30-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who is going to force them to sell it at that price? You are telling be what the price SHOULD be, and I am giving you estimates of what it MOST LIKELY WILL BE. It will probably be extremely expensive which is why the cartels will continue their deadly business.

"stupid is as stupid does" gump!!!

Forrest Gump (1/9) Movie CLIP - Peas and Carrots (1994) HD - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies