Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 12:35 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And people will continue to buy the smuggled stuff when the legal stuff is too expansive. The argument that legalization will stop smuggling is nonsense.

nice try!!! do you really think that the black market will survive in Uruguay at 1 dollar a gram... not in your worst nightmare!!!

if pot were to be sold nation wide at 2 to 3 to $4 max a gram good by black market!!! and because pot can be grown literally everywhere in the usa whether it be indoors or out doors, their is no way in hell the black market will survive!!! getting greedy and taxing the hell out of it just does not work.. was their a big black market for cigs in new York when they were reasonably priced? no!! now that the price of a pack of cigs is like 13 dollars the black market thrives and so does the crime associated with it.. to many people running things just don't have any common sense..

High Cigarette Taxes Bring Little Revenue and New Crime | Opinion - Conservative

Plummeting Marijuana Prices Create A Panic In California : NPR

Last edited by cruxan; 10-30-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 01:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
nice try!!! do you really think that the black market will survive in Uruguay at 1 dollar a gram... not in your worst nightmare!!!
Is this conversation about drug prices in Uruguay, or in US, because it US in can go as high as $750 per ounce, which is $25+ per gram.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-30-2013 at 02:14 PM..

Old 10-30-2013, 02:07 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
No, I don't have an axe to grind. Do you come to every pot thread to grind axes? Why? Drug legalization is a current issue, which is why I talk about it. I don't recall ever saying they should all be thrown to jail. Where did you get that? I will leave it to the States to decide what kind of punishment they want to give, be it fine, community service or something else. The more conservative States can decide on jail time to discourage drug use in their States. It's up to them, and it is up to the addicts to decide if they want to take the risk. Currently they are taking the risk and paying the price. It is their choice.

So let me get this straight. You don't have an axe to grind on the legalization issue, NOR do you believe they should all be thrown in jail. But you believe it should be left up to the states.

Then WHY are you in EVERY legalization/marijuana thread to date arguing against it?

You might have fooled some, but you didn't fool me. You obviously have an axe to grind which is influencing people that marijuana is bad and that it should remain illegal.

You also conveniently and strategically throw out buzz words like "criminals" and "addicts" when the issue is much, much broader than that. According to your logic, everybody that drinks wine during communion at church is an alcoholic. Anybody who consumes any alcohol, regardless of volume, is an alcoholic.

Let me just make that clear because that's exactly how your trying to label marijuana users.

If you really didn't care you wouldn't show up in EVERY thread trying to make a decision about what other free adults should consume.

I respect people who have back bone and conviction about why they feel a certain way and honestly would respect your opinion, even if different than mine, if you stood by it. But when your opinion and reasoning hold no merit, or change like the seasons, it leads me to believe that you have another agenda. Especially when you show up in EVERY marijuana thread.

Your response completely avoided the question and all that you did was defaulted to the laws that are currently in place. Which is fine, but those laws jail people. So admit that you believe people should be jailed for smoking a non-lethal plant with medicinal and recreational purposes.

Stand on something.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I respect people who have back bone and conviction about why they feel a certain way
I respect most people just the way they are, but I find it difficult to respect people who disrespect the law, create excuses to justify your crimes, and insult those who abide by laws. Unfortunately that is how most pro-pot people are.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:34 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
I respect most people just the way they are, but I find it difficult to respect people who disrespect the law, create excuses to justify your crimes, and insult those who abide by laws. Unfortunately that is how most pro-pot people are.

You've never questioned something, or called bull**** on a law that you thought was bad or immoral? And the insults come when you label pot smokers as criminals! I guess who I see as a criminal is different than how you see it. But I sure as hell don't want to be lumped in or generalized with people out there who REALLY are criminals, such as those who are violent in nature, or into stealing. I do none of those things.

Finally, when the laws around the prohibition of cannabis are based on lies, propaganda, racism, and corruption it's hard in good conscience to adhere to such laws.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:37 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,260 times
Quote:
How far will the government go to manipulate the price of marijuana in order to compete with the criminal cartels? Not too far. They will lose the price game and the cartels will continue to provide majority of the drugs.
I get it now. The Tennessee and Kentucky moonshiners have Corps like Seagrams, Jack Daniels, Jim Beam petrified.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You've never questioned something, or called bull**** on a law that you thought was bad or immoral?
Sure, I don't agree with the tax laws, and many other laws, but the difference between me and you is that you break the laws you don't like, and I obey them.

Quote:
And the insults come when you label pot smokers as criminals!
In majority of places in US they ARE criminals. Very few states have decriminalized it. It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact.

Quote:
I guess who I see as a criminal is different than how you see it. But I sure as hell don't want to be lumped in or generalized with people out there who REALLY are criminals, such as those who are violent in nature, or into stealing. I do none of those things.
OK, you are a non-violent criminal. Happy?

Old 10-30-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Is this conversation about drug prices in Uruguay, or in US, because it US in can go as high as $750 per ounce, which is $25+ per gram.

dang how dense are you !!!! only the wealthy will buy legal weed at that price!!! and even some of the wealthy pot smokers will go black market because that price is a total rip off. and the rest will go with the status quo black market.. all the money getting sucked right out of the economy straight to Mexico just great..

did you read the link about cali bud going for as little as $800 a pound get real dude..

I can buy a fifth of vodka for 6 bucks a bottle of rum for $6,60 and get loaded for the price of your magical 750 dollar weed for a year

Old 10-30-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Sure, I don't agree with the tax laws, and many other laws, but the difference between me and you is that you break the laws you don't like, and I obey them.

In majority of places in US they ARE criminals. Very few states have decriminalized it. It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact.

OK, you are a non-violent criminal. Happy?

and the broken record skips round and round god give it a rest .. I guess at least 80 percent of the usa populous is criminal for one reason or another for some trivial bs.. lawd harry!!!

Old 10-30-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
dang how dense are you !!!! only the wealthy will buy legal weed at that price!!! and even some of the wealthy pot smokers will go black market because that price is a total rip off. and the rest will go with the status quo black market.. all the money getting sucked right out of the economy straight to Mexico just great..
That's what I am trying to tell you. You didn't get it, and now you call me dense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies