Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 12:49 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ignorance comes to mind..So people are having thier policies go up $1K a year or so, so they can get their check back for dozens of dollars.. and your response.. Profits..
People are having their policies go up because the insurance companies are cancelling less expensive policies and offering them more expensive policies. Profits. And at the end of the year, they will get checks back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 12:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then why are the prices going up? And dont dare say profits, because we all know those are capped..
Are people that ignorant and not realize that healthcare cost have risen considerably over the past years and decades worldwide. They will continue to rise.... The kicker being will aca make them rise slower than they would otherwise.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
People are having their policies go up because the insurance companies are cancelling less expensive policies and offering them more expensive policies. Profits. And at the end of the year, they will get checks back.
But that doesnt happen in a free market economy, where competition lowers costs.. Which is it?

Old 10-29-2013, 12:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Are people that ignorant and not realize that healthcare cost have risen considerably over the past years and decades worldwide. They will continue to rise.... The kicker being will aca make them rise slower than they would otherwise.
What part of ACA makes the rise slower than otherwise? This ought to be good to hear. Its been the law for YEARs, and you STILL are lying to people about what it's going to do.. haha..

I guess you can now claim, you didnt lie with this posting, you just didnt know how wrong it is..

Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Are people redefining what the word "lie" means? Obama didn't lie, he simply is not a dictator and can't predict the future. If obama was lying then that would mean when he originally said it, he knew people wouldn't be able to keep their insurance.

Please don't try and change the meaning of words just because you hate obama.
Are you one of the people who think Obama is stupid and a fool. He knew the truth, he lied.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:01 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Really?
I love how only the HHS seems to have this finding. But let's just say that I were to accept that claim - which I frankly do not after seeing what my parents and grandmother went through to find doctors - then all of us other insurance and cash pay patients are helping make up the difference. That would be problematic is everyone had Medicare it seems.

Seriously, the reimbursement rates have been a long standing problem. To say they are not would be disingenuous. To bring the topic full circle, Medicare reimbursements are likely to get worse under Obamacare.
Doctors Will Have To Take A Pay Cut Under Obamacare - Forbes

Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Individual policy holders will, for the most part, receive better coverage that is more affordable, thanks to subsidies. There is no chance the policy can be cancelled due to pre-existing conditions, which can often be the case with current health plans.
No way to polish this turd. Millions are losing insurance because of ObamaCare. Those that have insurance are seeing their costs skyrocket. The young people that were supposed to be funding those subsidies are staying away, so there will be no money to give for subsidies. And we haven't even SEEN what type of coverage this monstrosity will leave us with.

Receive better coverage that is more affordable. What rock are YOU living under?

Old 10-29-2013, 01:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Yea, my insurance increase would have been 9.9% but instead I get to pay the governments slow increase.

My current policy:
Monthly Payments: $478.25
Deductible: $2500 deduct
Out of pocket max: $2000
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 90/10

$478 x 9.9% = $521.00

My choices with Obamacare SLOW INCREASE:

Monthly Payment: $672.00
Deductible: $2000
Out of Pocket Maximum: $9000.00
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 80/20

Monthly Payment: $784.65
Deductible: $5000
Out of Pocket Maximum: $7000.00
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 90/10

Monthly Payment: $770.59
Deductible: $6400
Out of Pocket Maximum: $12,7000.00
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 80/20

Old 10-29-2013, 01:06 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
I really hate to say it but I believed it, my wife's insurance was cancelled and her new policy costs $173.00 a month more. But I have to look at the bright side, at 63 years of age she now has maternity benefits.
We have not paid the premium as of yet hoping something will happen to either fix this mess or maybe we will all wake up from this bad dream and no policies will be cancelled and Obamacare will just go away.
I take you voted for Obama? Folks like you, who were either greedy, naive or ignorant are the problem. When this goes away, it's folks like you that need to step to the back of the line. After all, elections have consequences.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I take you voted for Obama? Folks like you, who were either greedy, naive or ignorant are the problem. When this goes away, it's folks like you that need to step to the back of the line. After all, elections have consequences.
People like him are a BURDEN on the doers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies