Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You don't really want to trade anecdotes, now, do you?
You wouldn't believe mine so why should I believe yours?
Try me. Tell me your story.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:54 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Food is a necessity of life. It only takes ONE trip to pick up a phone with LIMITED MINUTES and available to poor people so they can get help in an emergency, etc.

Picking up birth control pills at Planned Parenthood would require a trip EVERY MONTH. I don't understand why all you guys who think women are just having babies to get more food stamps would object to make birth control pills MORE EASILY ACCESSIBLE.

As for your absurd that "far left progressives" would have everybody living in poverty, that's just an example of how much you hate everyone who wants to help the less fortunate and probably how much you hate the poor as well. I wonder how often you people would make such statements in public where everyone could see who you are........hiding behind a screen name makes it so easy to express the depth of greed and selfishness people harbor.

Whereas they only go for food once a year!

Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Try me. Tell me your story.
My story?
Just from over 40 years worth of tenants I can tell you many. Add in over 20 owning bars and I can throw in a whole lot more.
That leaves out all the ones known from other jobs and facets of life.
I think many here will understand when I say you aren't worth the typing.
One or two ancedotes do not make an argument (even if I'm the one supplying them) and I sure as hell am not going to sit here and give you all of them.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:00 AM

872 posts, read 828,264 times
Quote:
Clearly you have no idea how little money people who receive food stamps have to spend. There is a person I have interviewed related to my work, and his grandfather is 68 years old, receives about $750 per month from SS and food stamps in the amount of about $165. After he pays rent, utilities, water, etc., and even with the food stamps, at the end of each month he is lucky if he has $10 to $15 left over. Yes, he tries to work doing odd jobs he can find, which requires gas for his car and maintenance. He is very thrifty and does not spend any money of "extras." This old man does not smoke nor does he drink alcohol. I don't doubt that there are many FAMILIES out there like him, with little to no "discretionary money" to spend.

I'm not suggesting that YOU or anyone else pay for gas to go to Planned Parenthood. I'm saying that if you and "your ilk" want fewer children who need food, then the food stamp program could also provide payment for birth control pills via pharmacies. MANY, MANY grocery stores also have pharmacies in their stores, so it's one-stop shopping.

People like you are CLEARLY completely clueless regarding how tight money is for the poor. I'd guess you've never, ever done one minute of volunteer work for the poor, and most likely have never even known people who are living in the level of poverty out there TODAY.

Your smugness is noted.

BS.......You and people like you do not want ANYONE to have to take personal responsibility. Hand everything to them on a silver platter, at the taxpayer's expense. If they want the FREE birth control then they need to find a way to get it. They will find a way - to get to the appointment to get the food stamps.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Whereas they only go for food once a year!
Did you really misunderstand the concept?

People go to the grocery store at least once a month, and therefore, it would be very easy to pick up birth control pills during their required trip to buy FOOD. Duh!

Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
BS.......You and people like you do not want ANYONE to have to take personal responsibility. Hand everything to them on a silver platter, at the taxpayer's expense. If they want the FREE birth control then they need to find a way to get it. They will find a way - to get to the appointment to get the food stamps.
"people like me"?????

So you think the small amount of money for food via food stamps represents getting something on a "silver platter"? LMAO That statement certainly reveals who you are and the level of greed of most extreme right wingers. Isn't it your argument that people who receive welfare are taking us under financially because they have large numbers of children in order to get more "welfare"? If THAT'S TRUE, why don't you want to provide birth control and make is VERY EASY for these people to access that birth control? More of those people using birth control would mean, if YOUR THEORY IS REALLY TRUE, that those people would have less children and need less public assistance.

"People like me" believe in both SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. BOTH. People like you deny that you have any social responsibility and that every person in the world is out there on their own and that what happens to other people does not AFFECT you and have a negative EFFECT on all of us. Would you like to have a country full of poor, hungry, idle sick people looking for the necessities of life? How safe do you think you might be in your gated community from airborne antibiotic resistance GERMS?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:09 AM

872 posts, read 828,264 times
Quote:

People go to the grocery store at least once a month, and therefore, it would be very easy to pick up birth control pills during their required trip to buy FOOD. Duh!
And they would go to planned parenthood 1 maybe 2 times a year for a FREE exam. And, they need a well woman exam at least once a year anyway. I guess you have never heard of a Doctor writing a prescription for 6-12 months of birth control.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
My story?
Just from over 40 years worth of tenants I can tell you many. Add in over 20 owning bars and I can throw in a whole lot more.
That leaves out all the ones known from other jobs and facets of life.
I think many here will understand when I say you aren't worth the typing.
One or two ancedotes do not make an argument (even if I'm the one supplying them) and I sure as hell am not going to sit here and give you all of them.
So, what? Are you a slumlord? How many people in your bars paid for drinks with food stamps? If they tried such a thing, why didn't you report them, if it concerns you so much.

As for any of your tenants whom you knew were cheating the welfare system, did you REPORT THEM TO AUTHORITIES? If not, why? Would it have been because YOU in fact were gaining money from the system via the cheaters?

THINK before you act so superior and sit in judgment of others if you, yourself, have benefited from people you knew were cheating the system.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:33 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:

if the grocery has a pharmacy...remember the pill (HORMONE pill) is a controlled substance, and is EXTREMELY dangerous if taken by the wrong people (especially minors) and animals

Old 11-06-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:

Can't you even remember your own arguments? Hahahaha....you're the one that made it out to be such a hardship to pick up BC pills EVERY MONTH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies