Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi Woodbury View Post
Yeah I'm finding that some posters on this site are monumentally ignorant and close minded. Better just to ignore them. Much in the same way you'd ignore a pile of dog poop as you're walking by it.
Wow! That sounds familiar Dale.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 11-05-2013 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: revised post

Old 11-05-2013, 05:54 PM

537 posts, read 740,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I really don't know what the point of amnesty is. We live in an intellectual society and brains matter more than brawn. I've always advocated adopting an immigration system like Canada's or Australia's.
Uh . . . instant Democrats?

And if it's all about brains how many rocket surgeons do you expect to see cutting your grass, picking up your garbage, fixing your food, processing your chicken, washing your Lexus, picking your produce . . . .

We live in a service economy. The professionals are a small percentage.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi Woodbury View Post
Due to your extreme ignorance I will be ignoring you from here on out. Have a nice life serf!
you're not fooling anybody dale.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:19 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
Uh . . . instant Democrats?

And if it's all about brains how many rocket surgeons do you expect to see cutting your grass, picking up your garbage, fixing your food, processing your chicken, washing your Lexus, picking your produce . . . .
Every position you listed pays min wage, we don't need those people. Most of the people in my graduate program are immigrants or foreign students, but some of them can't stay after they graduate. Yet, a gardener would be able to stay under the various amnesty proposals. Yeah, that's what we need, more idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
We live in a service economy. The professionals are a small percentage.
Professional and business services is the 2nd largest field and one of the few that are expected to grow. 80% of service sector jobs are not related to food, retail, hospitality, or hotels.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:29 AM

872 posts, read 828,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Right, if you have the money to pay for tuition and books, living expenses, plus an average or above average IQ. Law school is NOT CHEAP.

You just put up a link in a post saying that there were lots of available jobs out there (some for lawyers and accountants), in a thread which is discussing food stamp recipients and their ability to get a job.
These people that went to law school were not millionaires. Some were from families that were poor. It's thinking your way the keeps the poor...poor. There were several links I posted....

Old 11-06-2013, 06:07 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So, no, you don't have a quote. That's what I thought.
No, but he does have words that back up what he claims. You do not want to listen to anyone who does not agree with you. Also, when new posters don't agree you get your back up. A person new to the forum has as much right to an opinion as you. I don't think you are allowed to try to antagonize someone and claim that they are someone else.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:17 AM

8,891 posts, read 5,375,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The boost in food stamp spending was designed to be temporary, and now it ends, and I am glad it does.

WASHINGTON – Forty-eight million Americans will have their food stamps benefits slashed starting Friday, when a recession-era boost in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program expires.
Well it looks like another failure of the Stimulus Bill.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well it looks like another failure of the Stimulus Bill.
It seems "stimulus" was a wrong term. Should have been "dependency" instead.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:22 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
No, but he does have words that back up what he claims. You do not want to listen to anyone who does not agree with you. Also, when new posters don't agree you get your back up. A person new to the forum has as much right to an opinion as you. I don't think you are allowed to try to antagonize someone and claim that they are someone else.
It doesn't take somebody new to the forum long to figure out what's what and who's who .
In this case, one thread is enough.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I disagree, he did not put up anything to back up his claims that Obama said anything.

When new posters come on and post in words and content exactly like another poster, well, most of us notice that, and it does look suspicious.

I listen very carefully to people who disagree with me, and then respond. If they cannot substantiate their arguments or offer a good counterpoint, that's not my fault. This is, after all, a political forum where people are constantly disagreeing with each other. That's why it works. If all members agreed, there would be very little interest and the forum would die. I've seen that happen before, when a forum consisting only of strong conservatives because they ran all the liberals off, and then they got bored "preaching to the choir" so the forum died. This forum is about "debates" and differing opinions which may or may not be substantiated. Making posts about how "intellectually lacking" the members are is NOT discussing the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies