Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 08:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
I''ll reiterate. we can choose to participate in homosexual acts or not.

If you'd like to comment on that ^^ Or about the OP in general, I'd be happy to read it

and comment. Thanks
You said that you don't believe that people can be gay.
Being gay is not only sex acts, it is the ATTRACTION to the same sex.
Do you have conscious control over which gender you find attractive?

Old 11-08-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
No one is defined as "gay" because they are attracted to the opposite sex.

No one is a smoker unless they smoke, no one is a drunk unless they drink, etc..
Quote:
1ho·mo·sex·u·al adjective \ˌhō-mə-ˈsek-sh(ə-)wəl, -ˈsek-shəl\
: sexually attracted to people of the same sex

: based on or showing a sexual attraction to people of the same sex
Homosexual - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Nothing about any sex act in the definition, just ATTRACTION.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
If they are self titled as a homosexual-And- they are trying to make babies into perverts. In that case, yes it's linked. As would someone who proclaims the opposite yet tries to make babies into perverts. Babies are just that, infants who make no conscious decision regarding sexual mattes. So they cannot be born that way, that's again, a pedophile mindset.

I don't label people as gay or straight or bi because that's a feeling that can be fleeting. And I really don't care. It's a private thing to themselves only, not me. Makes no difference how someone feels inside to me, I am fine with it either way.
None of my babies grew up to be homosexual despite being raised by two of us.

Homosexuality is not contagious.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Those who serve God have life abundantly, those who serve satan , serve him who is here to kill , steal and destroy. We all serve somebody. God or satan.
No we don't. How many times must I tell you that YOUR religion and YOUR religious doctrine do NOT apply to me? I don't follow the tenets of Christianity whatsoever, so please stop attempting to smother me and shove your beliefs down my throat.

Quote:
Thus saith the lord. He who is not for me , is against me.
god says a lot things for a being that doesn't exist.

]quote]Matthew 12:30 New Living Translation
"Anyone who isn't with me opposes me, and anyone who isn't working with me is actually working against me.[/quote]

You're arguing as if I believe in your fictitious deity. I don't, therefore your arguments fail.

Quote:
So you believe that God created the big bang in the heavens.. possible..
No, I believe that the Big Bang Theory created the universe. Scientific explanation, not religious. god has no bearing on science and physical evidence whatsoever.

I must say the zealots of religion are quite fascinating to debate with...and by debate I mean watch them time and again assume I adhere to their tenets of religion when I don't. It's humorous really.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 PM

442 posts, read 588,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Huh? How are they "making children into perverts?" I still fail to see the connection you make here, when all they/we are saying is that people are born with innate tendencies - which usually don't present themselves until later in life, but are believed to be pre-determined at birth.

If I said my child is pre-determined to become overweight and diabetic, does that mean I'm making them or want them to be fat?

If you don't label yourself and feel your attractions are "fleeting," that would be commonly known as bisexuality, pansexuality, etc. There are many gray areas in human sexuality, I'll give you that - but most people know where they fall on the spectrum, and that is how sexual orientation is usually determined. But hey, you don't have to label yourself if you don't want to! Totally your choice to resist labeling, as long as you don't hate on those who do call themselves whatever.
We might be too far off to be able to communicate this. Your words of Bisexual, pansexuality, are fluid. they really have no definitions since they are based on feelings.

I don't believe in "Sexual Orientation" that is based on a feeling. Or various feelings. Whether someone is prone to be fat is partly based on their actual body chemistry, not any feelings (which again, is fluid). Their tangible choices will likely, in 99% of the cases, determine their body weight. By the way, nothing wrong with being fat per what the world determines as fat. Being unhealthy is another matter.

We have alot of feelings which are misappropriated.

All these conjured up "concepts" with fluid definitions... are useless.

I don't hate anyone unless they brand themselves as a pervert. And that's not hate per the worlds definition. I do pray for them, and myself for that matter. No one boasts about murdering anyone, thieving, getting drunk, or participating in sexual perversions. That's of a mindset of someone akin to a sociopath. But sociopaths can be saved. Many of the worlds worst men became the most righteous.

There are so many positive things we can be proud of ourselves with. Even those who haven't achieved much by the worlds standards have characteristics and traits which are positive.

Again, infants know of no such things upon birth. It takes a very long time, as their mind and body develops, their feelings will change. They will begin to develop varying abilities to deal with their own feelings, & urges, including sexual urges.

Last edited by californiawomann5; 11-08-2013 at 09:50 PM..

Old 11-08-2013, 09:27 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You said that you don't believe that people can be gay.
Being gay is not only sex acts, it is the ATTRACTION to the same sex.
Do you have conscious control over which gender you find attractive?
Attraction equals lust. A person cannot control their lust. They have the inclination to sin. That is why they need God.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
None of my babies grew up to be homosexual despite being raised by two of us.

Homosexuality is not contagious.
I don't believe anyone stated this

Old 11-08-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Attraction equals lust. A person cannot control their lust.
So that means a child molester cannot control his lust either? I've never heard of that

Old 11-08-2013, 09:35 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
So that means a child molester cannot control his lust either? I've never heard of that
Of course.. if they act on their lust they cannot control it.. many can control their urges of lust. They do not entertain it and defeat that thought. Those who practice control are different than those who practice sin and believe they are born that way.They believe the lie.. they are what they believe.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Homosexual - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Nothing about any sex act in the definition, just ATTRACTION.
According to the Bible, someone who is a homosexual is someone who participates in homosexual acts. No one is going to brand themselves by a perverted feeling if they have a lick of sense.

To develop sexual feelings towards a child, doesn't make a pedophile or a child molester. The act does. There are a ton of attractions, none of which need to be defined. Sadly, homosexual is defined as both an attraction and perverted sex acts which makes the definition, confusing.

That's another reason to avoid using the term. It has no real, tangible definition (unless your a Christian, that's because the Bible doesn't change)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies