Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 11:03 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
There is no anti-gay here. I am probably pretty relaxed about that stuff, honestly.
I've never brought up Sodom & Gomorrah with regards to this topic. Not sure why it always seems to be at the forefront but whatever...

You may have studied the Torah but you don't understand we live in the new covenant. Nor how it relates to the old covenant.

And a central meeting wouldn't work..since most self labeled "Christians" are not saved. Frankly alot of them scare me. If someone quickly tells me their Christian, I become on guard. They always seem to be the biggest hypocrites and it seems easier to hang with unbelievers. Part of why I never attended church. At least until I realized most Christians are not saved. And Satan works harder in the churches than anywhere else. Wanna prevent your child from being molested? Stay away from church. It's the truth. With that, there is a small, very minute bunch who do get saved. I've met them, very few Christians exist. They are out there, but again, difficult to find.
Their are those who use God and then there are those who God uses. There is the parable of the wheat and tares .. they grow together and the angels will separate the true believers the wheat from the tares, those that satan has planted in the churches. The tares will be plucked up and burned. The wheat are the true Christians.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:06 PM

442 posts, read 588,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Their are those who use God and then there are those who God uses. There is the parable of the wheat and tares .. they grow together and the angels will separate the true believers the wheat from the tares, those that satan has planted in the churches. The tares will be plucked up and burned. The wheat are the true Christians.
Yes, so true.

I better get to sleep. I must rise early tomorrow

Blessings to you, and all the other posters here

Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 PM

442 posts, read 588,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
YOU can live by your "spiritual laws" but we all have to live by the laws of this country. In this country we are all supposed to have equal protections of the law. ALL OF US. not just those that you or your church think should have rights, but EVERYONE.
According to the temporal laws of the land, as I said, we are to obey them.

Only when they conflict with Gods laws, our eternal laws written on our hearts, are we to dis-obey them.

And whether or not the law of the land caters to homosexuals, those that are sexual with animals, those that are sexual with kids, those that derive sex outside of the marriage bed, this doesn't equate to equal protection under Gods Laws. Some things are perverse and need not be protected. That's not love.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, the bible is just a book written a very long time ago and who even knows how accurate it is. Believe in god not some book.
The book itself is not God.. the words in the book are spirit and truth. It is the living spirit of God in the words. Did you not know that words are spirit?.. God is spirit and truth. It is God speaking to us.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
Yes, so true.

I better get to sleep. I must rise early tomorrow

Blessings to you, and all the other posters here
Gods speed..

Old 11-08-2013, 11:47 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Gays just define themselves through their sexual partners.
Not any more than straights define themselves through their sexual partners.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:09 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The scripture reference does not say that they are to be "put to death." It says, (v. 32) "Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, the not only continue to do these very things, but approve of those who practice them." (quoted from the NIV)

The "death" that is referred to here is eternal death that those who do not believe receive after this life on earth. It is not an instruction for man to put such individuals to death. Homosexuality is sin. Sin (all sin) is punishable by eternal death. Christ died on the cross for our sins, so that we may have eternal life. But you must accept Him, and believe.

If anyone is interpreting that scripture to mean that the sin of homosexuality (or other sexual sin) is to be punished by being put to death by man, they are wrong, and they should be corrected.

But, I question the veracity of the linked article.
Now if only those first century worshipers of pagan fertility gods Paul was referring to were actually gay people....

Old 11-09-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
They may have a right to their opinion, but they should not be misquoting scripture. They should be corrected.
You should also be 'corrected' if you think that the writers of any of the handful of biblical texts currently misused to bash gay people, had actually been referring to homosexual people.

It would be great if Christians learnt a little more about the cultures and languages in which the biblical texts was written...

Old 11-09-2013, 12:38 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You're making a much bigger leap of faith to believe that all you see just happened by accident. The Universe just doesn't work that way.
Big Bang Theory, look it up.

Quote:
My brother is a PHD in Physics, teaches advanced math and engineering at a very prestigious university. He had his little bout with atheism in college, but the more they discover, the more many scientists are convinced that there is intelligent, guided design to everything.
While that's cool for you brother, this has nothing to do with the topic of the Salvation Army and a spokesperson calling for the death of homosexuals in this country. Nice non-sequitur.

Quote:
BTW, it doesn't really matter what you believe or not, you and I are both a part of the same energy field that gives us our intelligence and our conscience. When you die, you do continue. No one knows to what or where but there are math formulas that prove this.
Following your logic, it doesn't matter what anyone believes then. Logical fallacies are always a joy to come across. Sorry, but I believe what I want to believe.

Quote:
The Universe does not waste energy. And what makes us who we are is energy. Your body is 65% water, water that came from the far side of the universe eons ago. It's all tied together. If you spent one hour with him and a beer, you would be blown away from what they have learned with the super collider project in Europe. There are going to be some profound scientific announcements in the next 10 years that is going to blow a lot of people away.
What does this have to do with the Salvation Army and the calling for the death of homosexuals in this country?

Quote:
God is real, and we are all a part of something pretty spectacular. To think that we are just evolved mammals from dumb, instinct driven animals is a really sad way to go through life.
To you, god is real. To me, god doesn't exist. Sorry, but you don't get to dictate what drives and controls my life. And unlike your god, there's evidence of evolution - real, physical, tangible evidence of evolution that I put much more stock into than some fictitious little book. Again, this has nothing do with the Salvation Army, so I don't know why we're talking about it.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
You are openly "gay" and you lead "churches?" What kind of chuch do you lead? Certainly not a Christian Church.

I'd like some proof of that. I don't believe it.
Not all Christians are closed minded ignorant bigots who misuse the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies